Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

I feel like at this point she's never going back.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This story is legitimately funny

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
hahaha

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i gotta see what d&d has to say about this

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Emanuel Collective posted:

local NAACP members said they had a hunch she might not be black but didn't want to ask lmbo

This is like almost the most perfect Onion headline.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

quote:

Last night, KXLY reported on the police investigation into hate mail allegedly sent to Dolezal in February. The mail in question did not have a postal stamp or barcode on it, suggesting that either the postal workers messed up, planted it or the package didn’t go through the postal system at all. The TV station asked Dolezal if she had planted the mail — an accusation that she denied.

This morning, the Coeur d’Alene Press published an article in which Dolezal's parents, both white, say their daughter has long lied about her race — she’s white, her parents say, providing a picture and birth certificate as proof.

me: heh. Pretty good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
there are lots of things white people can do to help others, but pretending to be black?

just :laffo:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

quote:

Dolezal’s mother, Ruthanne Dolezal, said Thursday by phone from her home in Northwest Montana that she has had no contact with her daughter in years. She said her daughter began to “disguise herself” in 2006 or 2007, after the family had adopted four African-American children and Rachel Dolezal had shown an interest in portrait art.

It's actually a little sad now :( Yikes

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
One time here at work a bunch of us were playing dominoes on break and a Puerto Rican lady started throwing the N-word around and it was funny to watch the black guys explain to her that she wasn't allowed to do that even though she was Puerto Rican and dated black guys exclusively.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I feel like at this point she's never going back.

Wow

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I am attracted to this crazy white(?) woman

nsfw maybe I dunno

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

gently caress the ROW posted:

It's actually a little sad now :( Yikes

There has to be something pathological going on here, right?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
loving LMAO

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
She pulled off black face.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

natetimm posted:

One time here at work a bunch of us were playing dominoes on break and a Puerto Rican lady started throwing the N-word around and it was funny to watch the black guys explain to her that she wasn't allowed to do that even though she was Puerto Rican and dated black guys exclusively.

what was their rationale? Aren't Puerto Ricans like 25% black on average?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah its kind of hosed up tbh

liberal twitter gonna dogpile on her and conservatives gonna have a field day calling out that liberals dont think white people can be in the naacp or whatever

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

TEAYCHES posted:

liberal twitter gonna dogpile on her and conservatives gonna have a field day calling out that liberals dont think white people can be in the naacp or whatever

Better yet, Glenn Beck's and Rush Limbaugh's heads explode when they begin to think that maybe Obama was white all along. :tinfoil:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
she never actually said she's black though right people just kind of assumed and she never corrected them?

lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Internet detectives ruin a good situation for someone again. This doxxing is out of control

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

TEAYCHES posted:

Who cares, she shouldn't have perpetrated such fraud.

Im curious to see if she'll admit that she lied, or if she'll double down and remain resolute

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Who cares, she shouldn't have perpetrated such fraud.

Im curious to see if she'll admit that she lied, or if she'll double down and remain resolute

oh its totally her chickens coming home to roost but im just pointing out its gonna be used and interpreted in hosed ways and will be a total shitshow, worse than that blue and black dress

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Is she literally wearing makeup to look darker?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Powercrazy posted:

Is she literally wearing makeup to look darker?

:mitt:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

RaceBannon posted:

what was their rationale? Aren't Puerto Ricans like 25% black on average?

Puerto Ricans are Latino. These were dudes from the deep south and they were not happy about the way the word was being used and who was using it. Their feeling was maybe it's cool in New York or whatever Puerto Rican neighborhood she's from, but they were not at all cool with it at that moment. I'm in Southern CA, and the black and Latino communities here are often antagonistic to each other. She is an especially egregious abuser of the word, though. She's in some bike club with the word in it, has a sticker of the initials of the club on her bike, and uses the word as a complete substitute for any reference to any male of any ethnicity.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i like this kinda stuff cuz it brings out how racist america truly is

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It's okay guys

shes just transnigger

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

she never actually said she's black though right people just kind of assumed and she never corrected them?

lol

no

lol

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

lol

What started this whole kerfuffle is that she was appointed to a local police oversight commission/community outreach board as the black representative. She claimed to be black on her job application.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
looks like black people are the real racists otherwise who cares that she is white?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

looks like black people are the real racists otherwise who cares that she is white?

lol

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Powercrazy posted:

because she's portraying herself as a leading Black Feminist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
transnigger has to be the dumbest most ignorant poo poo ever lol for real you're gonna not only claim you're black but you're gonna call yourself a friend of the family? lol just lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i cant wait until the slate, atlantic, daily beast and salon hot takes on this tomorrow

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i need to see her penis in order to come

to a conclusion

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/11/board-member-had-longstanding-doubts-about-truthfu/ posted:

Dolezal said she received a key to the post office box when she became president of the NAACP earlier this year. Asked about the possibility that she had put the package there herself, she said, “That’s such bullshit. What mother would terrorize her own children?”

Neumaier said he was suspicious of several incidents Dolezal reported in Coeur d’Alene, including her discovery of a swastika on the door of the Human Rights Education Institute when the organization’s security camera was “mysteriously turned off.”

Part of Neumaier’s job on the board is to look at complaints of human rights violations and help victims take action and seek justice.

“In all of these incidents (she reported in Coeur d’Alene), she was the sole witness to events that, when put under scrutiny, don’t hold up,” he said.

Dolezal has made many reports of harassment and other crimes to police. None have resulted in arrests or charges – but neither have any included direct claims that she fabricated them. In some cases, such as a report that a noose was left on her porch in Spokane, there were other witnesses.

Ruthanne Dolezal said her message to her daughter is simple.

“I would say, ‘I love you, and honesty is the best policy,’” she said.

:) a good mother

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Emanuel Collective posted:

because she's portraying herself as a leading Black Feminist

lmao

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Salon: Why Rachel Dolezal is Blacker Than Most African-Americans

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Atlantic: Race in a Post-Racial Society, The Lynching of Rachel Dolezal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
it must take tremendous effort to make white girl hair look like black girl hair

• Locked thread