Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Splode posted:

Goons how do I double multi mixers. I've tried so hard but I can't seem to work it out. I always find a belt needs to overlap and I'm back to square one.

You can now have belts cross since the latest patch. See reignofevil's photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

less than three posted:

You could do it before that update too. It requires 3 inputs though. Orient the mixers 1 tile apart with the outputs facing towards the space. One input feeds both mixers in the middle and then you use one more input to feed each mixer the other ingredient it needs. Phone posting atm or I'd post a picture of the setup.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Enzenx posted:

You could do it before that update too. It requires 3 inputs though. Orient the mixers 1 tile apart with the outputs facing towards the space. One input feeds both mixers in the middle and then you use one more input to feed each mixer the other ingredient it needs. Phone posting atm or I'd post a picture of the setup.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. I do that too depending on the layout.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

less than three posted:

Ooh I didn't realise the four way belts allowed for cross over, thanks guys

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Well that's a pretty darn good Tuberculosis medicine pipeline I got built here.

The TB cure just happens to be most effective at concentration 1, so the UV curers are perfect to bring it down... all the way from 20. And none of the side effects are active at concentration 1 either.
gently caress wasting all those ports, I'm making almost 2 grand per shot!

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

nielsm posted:

Well that's a pretty darn good Tuberculosis medicine pipeline I got built here.

The TB cure just happens to be most effective at concentration 1, so the UV curers are perfect to bring it down... all the way from 20. And none of the side effects are active at concentration 1 either.
gently caress wasting all those ports, I'm making almost 2 grand per shot!

Very similar to one I built, getting max output by using two mixers and 3 UVs helps quite a bit for money. Those three UV curers are relatively expensive in terms of processing cost, but with enough science, you can easily get it down to ~$35 per curer. Going from 20 to 1 is great for a few other cures too!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I only learned yesterday that the cure effective concentrations are static. I assumed they were random every game. :v:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

less than three posted:

I only learned yesterday that the cure effective concentrations are static. I assumed they were random every game. :v:

Really? That seems kind of dumb.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Is this a good thing to put on market?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Finally I can go to sleep :unsmith:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Argh.

Does anyone have any suggestions on making multimixer pairs not arbitrarily miss some cycles because of dumb crossroad belts?

Here, the red rocks don't always get sent left/right alternatingly, even though it is possible to alternate perfectly. So sometimes one of the mixers doesn't get both ingredients in one cycle and it takes three instead of two cycles for it to produce output.

Edit: Right, yes. The answer is to have some extra buffer space.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 24, 2015

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Atmus posted:

Really? That seems kind of dumb.

The active concentration range is always the same but the maximum strength concentration is randomized every game so there is still a need to test stuff but yeah. I've got a little notepad with all the ranges written down I can glance at though with enough time played you'll remember at least roughly where the active range is for the more common stuff.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
No zombies addicted to adderall in this silly management game? 0/10

I have referenced nation z and must now be publicly shamed! :qq:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Man, gently caress whoever thought patents were a good idea to put in this game.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Looks like this just released on steam.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Have they made any announcements about steam keys for those who bought it off steam yet?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Gibbo posted:

Have they made any announcements about steam keys for those who bought it off steam yet?

You got a Steam key when you first bought it. I activated mine but it was listed in my games list as un-released because the beta wasn't uploaded. It automatically updated itself and let me install when they released the game on Steam.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Demiurge4 posted:

You got a Steam key when you first bought it. I activated mine but it was listed in my games list as un-released because the beta wasn't uploaded. It automatically updated itself and let me install when they released the game on Steam.

Uhh, I sure as hell didn't. I bought my pharma 3-4 months ago.

Nm I'm an idiot. Don't know why you wouldn't bold that or give it a header though.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'll add it to the OP.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

less than three posted:

I'll add it to the OP.

I meant you being the people that sent the email, but probably a good idea.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Really fun game. Some of my strategies must be wildly unoptimal, but I like figuring out how to make a complex drug (I haven't gone above the third tier though).

I am puzzled regarding how the competitors manage to produce way more drugs than me. They use more lines in general or there is some production technique I am not aware of (I always try to set up two pill printers at the end for instance)?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
My lines seem to jam up if I don't send both outputs of a centrifuge somewhere, but what do I do with the output that I don't want to keep?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Concatenation posted:

My lines seem to jam up if I don't send both outputs of a centrifuge somewhere, but what do I do with the output that I don't want to keep?

At the moment, you have to send it into an Analyser. Tim is aware of this situation and is going to (eventually) make the analyser cost $0 per drug to make it an incinerator.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Atmus posted:

Man, gently caress whoever thought patents were a good idea to put in this game.

Seriously. Is there some way to delete the drugs on the belts without deleting the belts that I'm missing? Also belt placement/deletion is pretty wonky along with selecting ports.

Fake edit: oh yeah I guess I could use the analyzer like I've been doing for other trash. Still though. Also every "LOL can't sell that now" notice should come with a link to bring you to the offending drug on the map.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Arkangelus posted:

Seriously. Is there some way to delete the drugs on the belts without deleting the belts that I'm missing?

Select the Delete tool, hold down LeftCtrl when dragging the box over the area you want to clear.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

This game is awesome. Does anyone know if it's possible to put your competitors so far in the red that they can't recover? I had a really good game going last night, where I patent trolled one of my competitors out of 4 different level 2 drugs in the early game, but it didn't really seem to affect them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So now that this has been out a few months, how are people feeling about it? I just missed a 33% sale on it (:argh:) but I've got my eye on it for the big black friday sale at the end of the month.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I got bored with it really really quickly and regret buying it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought it for $12 I think? And it provided me probably four solid days of play. Like, sunup to sundown. I am biased, though, because I was in an area with no internet or phone during that time.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Splode posted:

I got bored with it really really quickly and regret buying it.

Same. Patents also ruined it for me.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Bhodi posted:

Same. Patents also ruined it for me.

Yeah.. patents really affect the metagame. I just like making cool drug combinations, the business element is kinda secondary for me (also I am bad at it).

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
If you can get it for $10 or less it's a solid buy if you like this style of game, even with the flaws in the business metagame.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've had a lot of fun with it. A few random events ala sim city and a little more cutthroat corporate espionage and this would be a solid game.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Does anybody have anything to say about the expansion?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

TheCenturion posted:

I am surprisingly unhyped about engaging in all the bad poo poo I hate about pharmaceutical companies.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

I'm not willing to spend more money on this letdown . I'm actually really surprised they chose to push a dlc out instead of just pulling a cut and run

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The game was good. Then...it got worse. Don't know how they did that.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So would there be a way to disable Patents? Like some kind of WorldGen mod? Because like other Goons here, I am more interested in making a drug factory that dispenses drug pills for drug illnesses. :catdrugs:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

The game was good. Then...it got worse. Don't know how they did that.

I haven't played since the time it came out. Did it change significantly since then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Demiurge4 posted:

I haven't played since the time it came out. Did it change significantly since then?

They added 'patents', which is basically just a way for the computer enemies that you aren't actually in tangible competition with to gently caress you over when you are sprinting towards whatever bullshit objective you are after. That, or you have to pony up a bunch of money and research to get one first, which fucks you over slightly less.

• Locked thread