Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i kno its old now, but its the ps+ game this month. i played thru the ps3 version once but im going to s rank at least some of the missions this time. ne1 else playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I play it from time to time OP.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I still have to do the one where you find all the other medal gear logos, and get the good rating on the body snatchers and shoot everyones head with one bullet from a helicopter missions.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I am terrible at it. I can get to the dude every time but I can't get out without the alarms going off. Am I missing something?

I've still completed the mission and it's fun to replay from time to time.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I am terrible at it. I can get to the dude every time but I can't get out without the alarms going off. Am I missing something?

You must go back to gbs to complete your mission lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

You must go back to gbs to complete your mission lmao

Says the ice rear end...... smdh...

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Larry Parrish posted:

Says the ice rear end...... smdh...

gg, allen

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the side missions are pretty cool too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The easiest way to S-rank the GZ mission is to sneak through up to Paz, call the helicopter immediately and then grab her, throw her in the truck and drive to the landing zone and ignore the alarms. You get more than enough points in the speed bonus to make up for setting off one alarm. Also don't kill anyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

the side missions are pretty cool too

S ranking the sniping mission was a pain in the rear on normal. I still haven't gotten the 100% but I'm going to at some point, I have a lot of challenges and tapes left

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

S ranking the sniping mission was a pain in the rear on normal. I still haven't gotten the 100% but I'm going to at some point, I have a lot of challenges and tapes left

I plan on doing this before 5, since some things transfer over I heard?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

i think you get a special sneaking suit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

That's my understanding as well, it's why I'm saving it for August so I can fully prepare myself

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
there was a code for some dlc in the case of my ps3 version .. duno what you get thoe.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Whats your longest tranquiliser headshots. i just got 84 metres

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Whats your longest tranquiliser headshots. i just got 84 metres

Ill check when I get home, remind me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Murkeing anor londo archers with a shortbow on my sl1 characters has prepared me for the role of a sniepr

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

Murkeing anor londo archers with a shortbow on my sl1 characters has prepared me for the role of a sniepr

[nods sagely] its true

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I caught the Appleseed ref in the snatcher mission. or was there something called bioroid in Snatcher ?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

I caught the Appleseed ref in the snatcher mission. or was there something called bioroid in Snatcher ?

the snatchers are called that i think

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm not good at stealth games, but I like Ground Zeroes nevertheless.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Snatch is a word for a womans vagina

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Snatch is a word for a womans vagina

so is iCe-CuBe :ocelot:

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

starbarry clock posted:

so is iCe-CuBe :ocelot:

The gently caress?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Clock Crew Bitch!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
do u unlock anything for getting rank s in a mission?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You unlock weapons to use in that same mission so you can mess around with overpower sniper rifles and stuff from he start. Also there's trophies for it I think

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yea i already got rank A .. just wondering whgat rank s gives u.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

yea i already got rank A .. just wondering whgat rank s gives u.

you get another gun

I think it's an assault rifle w/ grenade launcher for most of the missions

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
cool. i have a route where i run str8 to chico then get in the truck and get driven to paz within like 5 minutes but im not sure how to get out quickly afterwards. maybe i should just tranq everyone in the vicinity of the helipad and call the chopper there ? or will it get shot down. hard mode BTW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

cool. i have a route where i run str8 to chico then get in the truck and get driven to paz within like 5 minutes but im not sure how to get out quickly afterwards. maybe i should just tranq everyone in the vicinity of the helipad and call the chopper there ? or will it get shot down. hard mode BTW

I take the truck from the base there and just drive to the cliff side at the other end of the map. It won't get shot down there, and you can still get S rank even f you set the alarm off at the end there

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

zen death robot posted:

You get extra points for rescuing the POWs as well

ty, i know though. what ppl might not know is that apparently each one u rescue unlocks them for use in phantom pains mother base

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

zen death robot posted:

That's pretty awesome, I wondered if they'd make that work in to phantom pain somehow

apparently kidnapping agent brian from the cassette mission and palitz + the other guy from the mission where you have to kill them unlocks them in TPP too

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
How do you kidnap them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

How do you kidnap them

er , stun them and put them in the helicopter, i mean.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh. Awesome.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Try and get every guard in there

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Mother Base is going to be staffed almost entirely by brainwashed POWs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mine will be staffed by only me, and I will pwn every punk rear end noob who shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Mine will be staffed by only me, and I will pwn every punk rear end noob who shows up.
You can't staff your own mother Base retard. Unless this post is some sort of ironic joke post, in which case disregard the rude comment earlier.

• Locked thread