Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I've never watched a serial drama while it was airing, and following along with you guys has been fun.

I have to be totally real, the slow camera pan over the pile of dead Confederados, Logan slowly rising, seeing all the 'drunk' soldiers... then the leg... then the pools of blood...

I can't imagine what the experience of being William is. Spends life as a panty waste, goes on vacation with soon to be brother-in-law, cheats on wife with robot, ruthlessly slaughters 30-50 men in their sleep...

We are watching an incredibly broken man at the breaking point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Arnold's suicide didn't accomplish what it was meant to because William turned around and convinced his father in law's company to funnel oodles and oodles of cash into the park. The park was probably not yet the 80 sub-basement behemoth that we have now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What was the wolf about? That was the only prt of the show that made me go... "What the gently caress is that about?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For anyone who cares about the post-apocalypse as a fun setting for beautiful vibeo games, (http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/the-last-of-us-part-ii-story-to-be-co-written-by-westworld-s-halley-gross-1634040) word on the street is that Halley gross, Westworld Staff Writer, will be co-writing The Last of Us 2 with Neil Druckman. I was personally scared when they announced this game because the original is a classic and certainly a pinnacle of gaming for last gen but the turnover in writing talent they've had is pretty severe, but now I know I can count on some quality poetic waxing inbetwixt violent shoot-outs and skull-bricking...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQEojWqdDM
This is worth watch if only for the lyrics it adds to the opening theme.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One of my homies is an English Lit. nerd and she says almost every speech Ford gives is in Iambic pentameter, but she didn't realize it until Ford's speech in the Finale before Dolores breaks the piņata and everyone starts dancing. She says it's most obvious there. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sudden realization that Ford will never be punished by what he did to Theresa, he just gets what he wants and the 'leaves' laughing all the way to hell...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ghost Nation also have dolls that look like Butchers//Techs, so they clearly have evolved a form of spirituality or after-life philosophy since it exists and its doubtful the park itself had them fabricated.

Going back over season 1 and the thing about the role flies play in this show is what gets me the most. So many amazing details... ugh ok just gonna stream the soundtrack on soundcloud again now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
S2 Plot Threads:

Robot Revolution

Robot Sapience AI Coding in Dolores's Dad's head

Maeve's daughter

Elsie & Security Man

Ghost Nation

Samurai World

Anything else?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah and i think the same interview or one in the same publication says that the showrunners have distinctly said they won't go to any of the other 'worlds' from the movie, so we'll never see Romeworld or medieval World, in part because HBO already has GoT

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My problem is that I don't have any friends who watch Westworld, but every plot twist was so meticulously laid out weeks beforehand that I feel like if I want to enjoy this season as a viewer I have no choice but to fly blind and consume it without reading a hundred pages of "TWO TIMELINES IS THE DUMBEST poo poo IVE EVER HEA- WHEEEEEEEEELP".

With Anthony Hopkins dead, and Bernard some kind of generalismo, it will clearly fall to Ed Harris to do the heavy lifting. According to Jimmy Smitts twitter he and Evan Rachel Wood are BFFs now but he hasn't been contacted about reprising his role so that storyline is definitely over.

Also it's crazy that Dolores almost caused the evil corporate bitch lady to not exist by seducing her dad like 30 years ago. I hope that comes up and that Dolores/Wyatt is not above constantly holding it over MiB's head that they use to be in love, that he hosed a robot and it almost drove him completely insane, etc. that's is the most important plot thread to me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Collateral posted:

Are you suggesting that Charllote Hale is William's daughter?

The show suggests it when she blatantly starts talking to him about her mom i.e. his ex wife i.e. the woman he cheated on with Dolores. I haven't watched it since release but I am certain I can't have gotten that much wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL that such an annoyed, corporate e-mail could be the trumpet that sounds the Fall of Man

• Locked thread