Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

I once had a job doing yard work for a natural gas company and whacked a mole with weedwhacker. It died instantly but I felt terrible.

I MAY have killed my hamster by neglecting him. It's hard to say, he was a few years old, but I wasn't the best at making sure he always had food and water. We have rats now and they make it a point to let you know when they're out of something.

I killed my betta because I kept him in a filter-less vase and did regular water changes where I dumped ALL THE WATER OUT and refilled it all. Granted it was always RO water, but I was constantly removing any biofilter that built up.

A similar thing happened when a roommate and I bought a 10 gallon fish tank during college and filled it with cichlids. That was an obvious no-no, as they constantly fought with each other. We never did any water changes and eventually they were all murdered or died of nitrate poisoning. Needless to say, I did DAYS of researching before I set up my first tank (another little 10 gallon) as an adult. I got a Panda Cory shortly after cycling that tank and he is STILL alive and kicking in a planted 30 gallon!

Sadly, that same 30 gallon has played host to countless tetras that have gone carpet surfing. I should probably put some egg crate over my tank to stop that from happening again.

Neitherman fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread