Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I'm the worst at keeping fish. If it can't make noise to bother me when it needs something then I'm terrible at it. I am also terrible at houseplants for the same reason.

I've never straight up killed a pet besides neglecting fish to death, but one time I got a new chinchilla and left town for a couple days and left my chinchillas with my mom and she decided to put them in the same cage together before they were ready to start sharing a cage and my older chinchilla killed the new one :( A few years later I got a different new chinchilla and never tried to put them in the same cage because of it, they're forever in separate but adjacent cages so they can still be buddies but can't do much damage to each other if they get in a spat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I was about 6 or 7 and gave my brand new turtle a ride down the stairs in a box. :smith:

Why would anyone give an animal to a small child to take care of? This is the worst goddamn idea.

My parents didn't let me have my first non-fish pet (a guinea pig) till I was 10ish, aka old enough to recognize it as a living fragile creature not just a living stuffed animal. It was a wise parenting decision I think.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I have to admit whenever I'm in a pet store and I see a parent buying their young kid their first pet I wonder what sort of untimely demise will happen to it.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

If your critter gets a lot of fresh veggies they're getting a lot of hydration from the water retained in their food. There's no way anything can get fluids from dry pellets though.

• Locked thread