Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I was thankfully away when my dad hit one of the local cats with the minivan one day on the way to church. I heard my sister was in tears for hours after that. I probably would have been too, to be honest.

HondaCivet posted:

I guess it's not really my fault since I was a kid and had no control over it but I grew up on a farm and we always had lots of outdoors cats. They'd either wander over from other farms or were housepets dumped on our property by soulless garbage people. Oh yeah, the important thing is that our farm was right next to a busy 55 mph highway. Of the dozens of outdoor cats we had, only a few made it to old age. So that was pretty fun as a kid. Sometimes they'd get killed right by our driveway and I'd get to walk by the body while boarding the school bus. :) :) :) And then I got to wonder all day which cat it was and have my parents tell me when I got home.

Yeah, that's the downside of having a cat-herd outdoors. I lived outside city limits when I was growing up, surrounded by farms on all sides, and we had a little acreage as well, so farm cats would occasionally show up on our doorstep, and once I got it in my head to start feeding a couple in particular, the rest learned pretty quick where to go. But cats disappear and you worry, and they run across streets, and... y'know.

Actually, the worst incident I had was within 6 months of starting to drive, headed down the gravel road to my house, probably a bit too fast, and all of a sudden, BAM CAT out of nowhere, I couldn't maneuver to avoid it, and it met the front end of my car. I stopped for like, 4 minutes to have a panic attack and decide what to do, got out to check and make sure there was nothing I could do (it mercifully was killed instantly by the impact), and drove the last mile or so to my house, but I realized I should probably take the body off the road, so I drove back to put it in the ditch so no one else could hit it, and around the time I picked it up and put it down again, I was bawling something fierce. I got to my house, came in the door to my parents who were in the living room, I was bawling, and my mom hugged me while I tried to explain what had happened. After I calmed down, and we talked about it later that night, my dad told me that when I first started trying to explain, he couldn't quite understand me, and got really concerned because he thought I said that I had "hit a kid with my car".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread