Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

When I was 12 we were visiting family over the 4th of July, and brought our scottish terrier with us. The afternoon of the 4th, we chained him to the back deck outside while my brothers and I set off fireworks in the front yard. Half an hour later we went back to play with the dog, and found the chain pulled taut going in through a basement window. Ran inside and discovered him dead and hanging, the chain was about 2 inches too short.

Holy poo poo. :smith:

When I was in first grade or so i was really excited to tell my Dad about something so when I heard his car pull up I opened the front door. Every once in a while our Britney Spaniel, Annie, and our little mutt, Ted, would try to escape and they picked that day to make a go. Ted squirmed out between my legs and Annie went out under my shoulder. I snagged Annie's collar but she was way stronger than me so she just yanked me into a bush off the front step. When just one got out they usually were easy to catch but when it was both they usually disappeared for a bit. If I had happened to get Ted's collar he was a tubby little old chi mix so the whole thing would have been avoided.

This time we never saw them again. My Dad freaked out and screamed at me when it happened and I still get emotional thinking about it. I would go out into the little scrap of woods in our suburban hell rattling leashes and dog biscuits and calling them every month or so for, I want to say, five years at least. There's been loads of other stuff I've done or seen or had happen to me that was way, way worse, but that's probably the single thing in life that's bothered me the most because I internalized it so heavily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread