Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

One summer a co-worker of my mom found a nest of flying squirrel babies. And for some reason we ended up with one, or more exactly my brother got one. He had this kind of hosed up "top open" cage that had been scrounged up from some place. It was the worst loving cage, since the whole top would lift instead of just a little door opening. Yes that is foreshadowing. I don't think this poor terrified flying squirrel had been in our house more than 24 hours when IT happened. I was in the room when we were trying to feed it, it was pressed up against the lid of the cage..as soon as my brother opened it, OUT came the squirrel. Cue about a minute of us hopping around trying to catch it. Him a 10-12 year old, and me a 9-8 year old. Well, the poor thing darted out from under my brothers bed just as my foot was coming down. I felt it's neck snap and it it kind of struggled for second and then went limp. Cue me screaming hysterically for five minutes. Was possibly the most traumatic thing that had happened to me up to that point in my life. :smith: I felt guilty and lovely for years after that, and to this day I tear up when I think about it.

Now that I'm an adult with my own kid about the same age, I just wonder wtf my parents were thinking to bring a WILD ANIMAL into our house and think it would end any way OTHER than tragically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread