Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I grew up with divorced parents and had a half-sister who moved into my mother's house when I was...like nine? I don't know exactly when. But when she moved she insisted on bringing her cat Joey, a grey tabby tom. She assumed he would get along with the other two cats that lived with mom at the time. They didn't. They fought all the time, two vs one, to the point that we decided as a group that it might be best to make him an outdoor cat. For a while it was fine, but there was a point where he simply didn't come back. As a kid I assumed that he ran away, and our mom supported this theory. We didn't have a cat door or anything, we'd simply wait for him to come back and meow at us to let him in since the only way in was a locked sliding glass door. He could not come in at night because he kept us up by fighting with the other cats.

It wasn't until I moved back into the area much later to have an apartment that I realized how many loving coyotes are around there, like holy poo poo. I would literally run into them on my way to the car in the morning and they are super interested in whatever the hell leftovers I am dragging to work for breakfast. Pretty much any 'lost small dog' or 'lost cat' critters are assumed to have been a good meal for one of them, or maybe a hawk. That's assuming they weren't hit by a car on the massive roadway nearby.

We probably locked that cat outside which resulted in his demise. The only real thing that supports this theory is how fast my mom got my little sister a new kitten, like the next day sort of deal. She ended up being with us for many years.

Of course, there were plenty of fish that we went through as well when we were little. It happened so often my stepmother banned any pet fish in the house at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread