Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I had a number of pet birds over the years. I had a friend of the family offer me a conure that they had owned (neglected) for years. I took care of him for about 6 months and he went from a bitey jerk who would maul any hands that came anywhere near him to being cuddly and affectionate and understanding that biting was not an acceptable way to interact with people.

He was hanging out on my shoulder one day when I suddenly sneezed, he panicked and flew back to his cage, missed the landing, and broke both his legs. I'm pretty sure even if I had the money to rush my pet to the emergency vet they wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway.

He was such a good bird too, talkative and friendly with strangers, just a frustrating freak accident I still think about.

My favorite bird I ever owned was a budgie who I had for 5 years, he got out one day and I couldn't coax him down to bring him home. He eventually flew out of earshot and I lost him. He was the best bird I've met and an extremely friendly/cuddly budgie, who aren't known for being hand tame. Still miss him 2 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

drat most of the stuff in this thread falls into the category of 'sad but not ~that~ sad' for me but the poor rat you had for only 3 weeks hits a little harder than most for some reason.

• Locked thread