Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When my best friend and I were like 10 we came across a squirrel acting really strangely, caught it in a butterfly net, and fixed up a home for it in our ~*secret clubhouse*~ inside a fishtank. In the middle of summer. The poor squirrel didn't last very long. It was very ill or injured to begin with but I don't think the fishtank did it any favors.

This reminds me of the classmate of mine who brought a fish to school in a Tupperware bin back in fifth grade. It was some kind of bottom-dwelling thing that his dad had caught in a slough, I think he said? Anyway, it turns out a Tupperware bin full of muddy water, regularly opened so fifth-graders can gawk, is not a good environment for a wild-dwelling fish. Thing was dead by lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I can almost buy the desert-hamsters story as well-meaning dumbness, but what kind of lovely parent blames a pet's death on a kid not taking care of it while the kid's at camp? Did she expect you to loving teleport in to feed the hamster, or had she just decided the inevitable death of the animal was going to be a Lesson in Responsibility(tm) even when that makes no sense at all?

• Locked thread