Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aerialsilks
Nov 28, 2013

please stop telling me about how you "humanely euthanized" your hamster by drowning it in its ball
I'm both impressed and horrified by some of the poo poo you guys did as children, goddamn.

As far as pets go, worst thing I probably did was give my(i was 13) hamster tiny pieces of salted french fries/cocoa puffs because I didn't really know any better. She lived for more than a year so I guess it didn't hurt her too badly.

One of my parakeets had a horrible mass growing from under his eyelid(I was 15 at the time) which would scab up into this huge, disgusting thing that caused him a lot of pain if he hit it on something. Obviously he eventually died, probably from that, because my grandmother doesn't believe that anything not a cat or dog should be taken to the vet. At least he lasted seven years, but that wasn't really my fault.

As far as the rest of my family goes, none of them believe in euthanizing an animal in pain, which pisses me off to no end. Grandma's two cats(about 16), one eventually couldn't move because his arthritis was so bad and the other died of failing kidneys. Aunt's boxer recently passed was obviously in a lot of pain and stopped being able to go to the bathroom outside and was obviously senile. When my female budgie was eggbound(we thought it was a tumor from the x-rays) and eventually passed it, but lost the ability to move her feet and poop on their own, I scheduled her vet appointment the very day I came back from vacation to see she was like that. Grandmother tried to tell me I should just "let her die on her own in peace". Like, nah. gently caress that. I'm not drawing out my pets' inevitable suffering if I have a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread