Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Years ago I had a beautiful long haired Tabby cat. That cat was the most adorable cat ever. Extremely friendly towards any and all humans. Never bit or clawed anyone. He would walk around the house and a simple nod in his direction would have him running up to you. He loved to sleep on me when I was lying down on the couch.

One day I came back from a friend's place and decided to play with him. The way I always did. One of the thing I would do, would be to hold him tight against my body while lying on my side, and simply rotate to bring him on the other side of me. It never seemed to bother him and he would just stay in teh new position. That day in question, I did what I usually did, but with one exception. I did not hold him tight enough and did not fully support his weight.

I did my usual thing and immediately noticed something was wrong. His eyes went wide and he stiffened in a way I had never seen him do. A few seconds later, he started meowling really loudly in a way I had never heard him. It definitely sounded like he was hurt, and possibly hurt bad. It took me a few seconds to realise what I had done. I had just broken his back. Time just.. held still at that point. It took him maybe 2 or 3 minutes to die, but it seemed like an eternity. The whole time, he was meowling and it was clear that he was in extreme pain as it happened.

To this day, I have not yet forgiven myself for this. I loved that cat like no other and he was, for lack of a better term, a member of my family. I remember crying for hours that night and laying down on the floor with him the whole time. I later went to bury him at a friend's place who lives outside the city and has a forested backyard.

I've learnt a very very painful lesson on that day. Cats are more fragile than we think and carelessness kills.

:rip: Shaggy, I will always miss you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread