Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Due to the recent thread about the guy who stepped on his kitten, I thought maybe it would be cool to have a thread where we can all share stories about pets we accidentally killed. Sometimes it's cathartic for a community to share stories of loss when confronted with tragedy. This isn't a mean thread; I'd like for this to be a place of healing. Please do not shame fellow pet killers in this thread. It happens. Pets are fragile. We do the best we can.

I'll start: I had a pair of fire belly newts when I was a kid. One time I left the lid on their aquarium ajar, and they used their squishy leech-man feet to climb up the glass and escape. I only ever found one of them; weeks later I moved my dresser from the wall and discovered its dried out corpse. I was terribly sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Ive killed fishes before. I tried really hard with the last fish I had but it was a big sideways goldfish that had been kept in a too small tank forever before a family friend sloughed him off on me. I retanked him into a freaking 40 gallon, but no matter how I hosed with the tank chemistry and how many drat peas I fed the thing he just wouldn't straighten up & eventually he went permanently upside down

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Fish are so easy to kill

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

My little sister once Lenny'd a recently hatched baby duckling when she was, idk, three or four. She was inconsolable. It was a bad scene.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Sounds like your mom mistook hamsters for camels or something.

I think there actually is some kind of rodent that gets its fluids from food. Gerbils? I don't remember.... Definitely not hamsters though.

• Locked thread