Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

My dad let the house get too cold and the hamster went into torpor and died and I found her and put poor little Kiz into a box for burial. Dad opened the box before putting it in the hole, I guess to say bye and Kiz looked up at him like hello wtf am I doing in this nice warm box. Then he put her back in the cold cage and she really died.

That was like 12 years ago, I have a hamster now and keeping her alive is a fun challenge, why the hell does anyone give hamsters to children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm reading it but I couldn't tell you why, it's very upsetting and makes me want to hug my stupid hamster (not too hard tho).

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Parahexavoctal posted:

My mother insisted that we didn't have to give hamsters water -- that they would get their water from their food, and that if we gave them water, they would stink more. We were kids, so we couldn't argue.

Three hamsters in a cage.

Within a week, two hamsters in a cage.

Within another week, one hamster in a cage, eating the other one.

I don't remember precisely how long it was between when we found the cannibalism and when we finally gave the survivor a water bottle, but he nearly died too.

Spent a long time drinking. Lived another two or three years after that.

What the gently caress :cry: how many siblings did you start with and how many did you harvest for their blood and fluids

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Sounds like your mom mistook hamsters for camels cacti or something.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This thread is equal parts depressing and horrifying but I can't stop reading it.

It makes me a more careful hamster keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Some dumb as gently caress mothers itt

• Locked thread