Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Soooooooo many tetras.

Fraction posted:

my worst pet death (I have had small animals, so I've had a lot) was when one of my chipmunks killed (?) and ate half of the other. I went in to feed them and found a pair of back legs and tail in the nest box.
Similarly when I was a young kid I occasionally would forget to feed my gerbils thanks to all the distractions of elementary school and Super Nintendo. They had a couple of litters, or whatever you call it for gerbils, and a couple of times the babies would be gone when I got back from school. Parents just told me they died, no specifics. For a while the male and female were separated into two cages, but eventually were put back into one. Later the female gerbil 'disappeared' in the same manner, and I was told she died. As you've undoubtedly guessed by now the male was eating the other ones and they were cleaning the mess up before I got home. I finally found out the truth when I was like 20 or so.

The best part of this story was after 2 litters being eaten my dad got mad enough about the whole thing that he managed to convince our dogs' vet to neuter the gerbil. I have never heard of anyone else doing this in my life, nor do I have any loving idea how you anesthetize a gerbil. But the vet did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread