Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

For a pilot, I thought it was pretty good. The Rock is loving amazing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This show is good but Survivor's Remorse on Starz is way better.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There was definitely an old photo of someone in the 81 jersey in the trophy room. I immediately assumed it to be his father but I don't think there was anything that directly alluded to it. It was clearly too old to be Ricky.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pentyne posted:

Reggie's getting a bad rap. He's a dick, but he's looking out for the guy he grew up with and has this preconceived notion that the world of sports is racist as hell and his friend is always going to be undervalued and shafted on money deals.

Maybe there's more to it but while Reggie is a huge prick, he's not malicious or vindictive. He doesn't trust all these new guys in their expensive suits to look out for his best friend's career to their fullest. He's arrogant, naive, and completely out of his element but his biggest concern is getting his buddy the fat paycheck Reggie thinks he's worth.

He's indirectly malicious. He has no idea what he's doing and is overvaluing of Vernon is very likely going to cost Vernon in the long run. Plus, you can tell by the way Vernon carries himself that Reggie is the one causing all of this financial grief by spending money they don't have. They've shown multiple times that Vernon seems to know what to do, he just won't do it because Reggie's encouraging him to do something else and Vernon doesn't have the heart to shut his buddy down.

It's a complete reversal from the Cam/Reggie relationship on Survivor's Remorse where the athlete wants to live large and the handler is calming him down.

It would be one thing if Reggie just wanted to get him as much money as possible for security. But they've shown ad nauseum that Reggie wants to get him all of that money so they can go spend it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I loving laughed my rear end off at the ending. That was hilarious.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really thought Dan was going to turn around and drill Spencer with the ball, but what happened was a million times funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The season of Ballers was obviously meant to stand on its own in the event of cancellation. I expect next season to be better, but even if it's not a significant improvement, I think it's perfectly acceptable summer TV.

• Locked thread