Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

The season of Ballers was obviously meant to stand on its own in the event of cancellation. I expect next season to be better, but even if it's not a significant improvement, I think it's perfectly acceptable summer TV.

Next season will be good if they get rid of the actor who played vernon. He was total poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Doltos posted:

Vernon was actually a 3 star linebacker recruit to UCLA and looked pretty decent on the squad. Fringe NFL talent. They probably put out a casting call for a football-sized player with acting experience and settled on Carter because they wanted a big calm dude to be the NFL player they were trying to sign since Reggie filled the role of the loud mouth.

That makes a lot more sense. I didn't know he was an ex football player so I guess it's understandable.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Nobody watching this? The hi jinks of Joe and Reggie were pretty hilarious. I could watch a full episode on that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Brink got cancelled because it was more accurate to the inner workings of Washington DC than any political drama in the history of Hollywood.

Accurate does not garner views. Entertainment does. Also I am pretty sure House of Cards is the Silicon Valley of DC Politics.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Dave posted:

You apparently don't realize how accurate Silicon Valley is.

I am saying SV is accurate in depicting real SV. Do you not think House of Cards has some truth to real politics? Minus the murder I am sure the power plays and underhand and backdoor deals do exist in real life politics.

Take for example Hilary getting her campaign manager in 2012 to be the head of the DNC in 2016 and railroading Bernie and making the former head of DNC her VP. That's some Frank Underwood type poo poo right there imo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Cop scene was pretty funny. I imagine that's what it's like every time a street bike goes by doing 140.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I just really hope the next episode doesn't start with Ricky learning that his father wrapped his present around a telephone pole at 160mph shortly after that scene, and start going all wiggy about how his considering the Rams' offer hosed up his karma again. The whole scene seemed more involved than just a "cops say 'gently caress it'" scene.

I think there would have been more implication of this then just him speeding in a expensive car if that was going to happen. I know if I was driving a car like that for the first time I would probably do 140 on an open stretch. Would be hard not to.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Periodiko posted:

House of Cards is about as accurate as House MD.

So the politics between politicians is a lot more boring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How does someone have a bruise or w/e the gently caress was on his leg for so long? Doesn't that poo poo heal?

• Locked thread