Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

cstang posted:

I really dig The Brink. All the episodes have been really fun to watch. Tim Robbins is hilarious in it.

I enjoy The Brink, except for the Navy segments, which seem really out of place and stupid. The rest is pretty solid gold though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Having said that, watching on HBO Now, it'd be nice if they'd put the chapter marks right at the end of the opening.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, Brink was incredible all season. It is a loving shame they aren't getting another couple seasons. I blame the marketing - I had never heard of it besides offhand comments in this thread, and it is the sort of thing that is extremely my jam. I can't imagine how many potential viewers simply never knew about it.

I saw a few commercials for it before it aired, but there was absolutely no insight into what we actually saw, and I never saw anything after it started airing that really changed that. There's also the issue of just how much was outright farce and how much was thinly veiled criticism? Like the writers were trying to show how smart they were and not how funny they were.

quote:

the series was addled by low buzz and modest ratings.

This is because it didn't get its own thread! :argh:

• Locked thread