Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

I wonder as well why these are half hour episodes. It seems like longer would be better, considering waiting a week for not much to happen sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Cole posted:

ESPN did a pretty good documentary about this exact thing if you have an hour or so to kill and wanna watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOAwNSv8EM

It's on Netflix as well if 360p is not enough.

Binary Logic posted:

Yeah but his addiction seems to have no negative effect on his decision making, speaking, fitness etc. If anything, the pills are making him the most rational and even-tempered person in the show. Or maybe it seems that way because everyone else is a whiny bitch man-child.
The other worst kept secret is the long-term effect of head trauma but I guess that won't be addressed at all in this dramedy that prefers to show faceless bikini babes at a hotel pool and expensive cars.

Some people develop tolerance to the soporific and euphoric effects of opioids (assuming that is what he is taking) but not the analgesic. Addicts in treatment take their daily methadone or what not and go to work; the same dose would be life threatening to the uninitiated. Further, opioids are not alcohol: they don't waste away your body and brain. Yes, they have negative effects and certainly get people blasted, however Rock's habit and its effects are not beyond belief.

Perhaps a more common example are amphetamines prescribed for ADHD: patients who take them for years can go for a nap or eat after 20-40mgs of speed, whereas (presumably) you or I would be higher than a kite. Notice also that after taking said drugs for decades, they don't look like a meth junkie.

In short, I give them a pass. Now, if he misses his morning pill chewing and is not seriously sick...

• Locked thread