Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I'm actually loving this show. This is real life at this level in Miami, right down to the $3k Biltmore brunch. I just wish The Rock had enough range to pull off the stone cold panic you feel when you see "insufficient cash" at the ATM. Or the stress he'd actually be under after being told he's an unwanted, failing financial adviser. John David Washington is killin it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Hopefully they get in some great cameos. There are so many deadbeat or still baller ex pro-athletes (and their families) in this town that they'd really be missing out if they didn't make the effort.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

pentyne posted:

For me the big thing is how Reggie always try to paint everything in racial terms. His friend is going to get tens of millions of dollars to play a game and every little disagreement brings Reggie back to the "oh so white people get better treatment in this game?"

The racial undertones are part of what's drawing me to the show. Ricky (black, unemployed) shows up at the white coach's boat, gets treated like a boy, lectured on his life choices by white Czonka and called an rear end in a top hat by great white god Don Shula. The only thing to add in that scene was Dan Marino eating an eggplant sandwich on the bow. With only one arguable Uncle Tom, everyone with power on this show has been white. Reggie is an rear end in a top hat, but I think there's plenty of not-so-subtle racial commentary going on in this show.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

I think Reggie is being set up by Spencer. Reggie doesn't seem overtly malicious, just someone who's in way over his head.

Spencer either got the girl to rope Reggie in on the scheme or flat out lie about Reggie's involvement.

It's also why he brings Joe along to the meeting.

I'm with you, or at least I hope that's where it goes. From at least one point of view, he's a brain damaged, pill-addicted near failure desperately trying to project an air of success. Would love to see The Rock go a little darkside on this show.

Also kind of interested in the flashback Spencer keeps having when he wakes up in a cold sweat, now in a couple eps including the opening scene of the season. The QB he sacks doesn't move. Did he kill/cripple the guy or something?

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Agreed, I'm watching it but I'm not intrigued. The show has the opportunity for nuance but just doesn't care, so neither do I.

• Locked thread