Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
That's what you heard? I heard games are magical dead zones. A Merchant can't get rich selling WoW poo poo, and you could be drinking 300 year old wine out of Lord Byron's skull, but if you're playing Doom at the same time your Dipsomancer rear end ain't getting anything but a hangover. The real fun is the hackers who figured out how to turn on Candy Crush remotely on some people's phones... 'course if you're real heavy into this poo poo, why do you even have a phone?

There's a sect of traveling surfer adepts. I dunno the details, i'm not into all that mystical bond of the waves poo poo. But they lose charges if they're out of site of the sea, which is why harbourfront property is so expensive. Just don't ask how they get to some of those isolated breaks, or what they make the boards out of to make them to so fast.

Every year in a secluded beach in Australia one tourist is fed to the sharks so the shark nets will work for another year.

Skull & bones members ain't just powerful because they're rich and powerful. It's whatever's in that goblet or skull or whatever they drink out of.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

You ever notice that some food is very heavily gendered in it's branding? Like if you believe the commercials, only women are interested in yogurt, for some reason. Anyway, that poo poo is training wheels for wannabe avatars of the Mystic Hermaphrodite; just eat food that clashes with your presented gender, and you're taking the first step on the path to cosmic power!

I hear out of New York there's a school of snooty bartender adepts, Mixolomancers, that serve up cocktails with extra juice, kinda like Narco-Alchemists without the meth teeth. They're the mortal enemy of dipsos, however; their swill breaks taboo for Dipsos. What good is a drink that doesn't get you charged up?

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
There's an adept path that is focused on murder. Thankfully there aren't many--you have to be obsessed with particular murders, famous killings, that you can reenact. Significant charges can be raised if you use a famous murder weapon in your slayings: OJ's knife. James Earl Ray's rifle ...not Mark David Chapman's .38, though... these adepts say it's completely clean of any magical residue.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Count Chocula posted:

That's what you heard? I heard games are magical dead zones. A Merchant can't get rich selling WoW poo poo, and you could be drinking 300 year old wine out of Lord Byron's skull, but if you're playing Doom at the same time your Dipsomancer rear end ain't getting anything but a hangover. The real fun is the hackers who figured out how to turn on Candy Crush remotely on some people's phones... 'course if you're real heavy into this poo poo, why do you even have a phone?
Here's what I heard, and it's because I have an uncle who worked at Nintendo (in the mail room).

You know the console warrior BS that creeps up on forums and message boards? That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are real warriors out there-- digital holy knights who kill each other over their platforms of choice. The success of each generation is actually foreordained at a secret battleground every three years in Tokyo. The magic power unleashed is channeled into the creative drive of the developers and into the influence of their marketing.

Sega never recovered from their crushing defeat in 1993 which doomed the Saturn, and the industry is only now emerging from the arcane fallout of Nintendo's complete domination of the proceedings in 2005. Nobody saw that one coming.

Good ol' uncle Walt. He'll be missed.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Jim Nabors, the actor who played Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C, was actually made an honorary marine and promoted - twice. The first time was a month before 9/11. The second was at the tail end of Bush's last term.

Just the rumor that someone has possession of the lost 151st episode "Gomer and the Thermite" is enough to drive Videomancers to murder.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Dammit Who? posted:

Jim Nabors, the actor who played Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C, was actually made an honorary marine and promoted - twice. The first time was a month before 9/11. The second was at the tail end of Bush's last term.

Just the rumor that someone has possession of the lost 151st episode "Gomer and the Thermite" is enough to drive Videomancers to murder.

Murder? Is that all you're afraid of? Because the fanatics who search for missing Doctor Who episodes will do a lot worse than that.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Everything Counts posted:

Murder? Is that all you're afraid of? Because the fanatics who search for missing Doctor Who episodes will do a lot worse than that.

How do you think they got the monsters to look so disturbing on a BBC budget? How did the BBC end up trademarking a police box, of all things? And what happened to the REAL first Doctor? And how did a ransom sci-fi show JUST HAPPEN to preserve rare Beatles tapes?

You could write an occult history of Doctor Who. Luckily, somebody already has.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
You know the shard that they finished in London? Theres two things I heard about that. First one is that it is actually Barad Dur. Tolkien dreamed forward and we are just now getting the first blocks in place.

The second is that there is an actual shard of one of the First Pyramids down there. Its mixed into the concrete and is slowly warping the whole of London into a place that is part dream and part reality. Don't believe me? Check out any pub on a Friday night and see how many people seem a bit too shiney to be real.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nobody likes to talk about it, but Videomancy is dying. The communal experience of scheduled broadcast TV that vidiots charge off of is dying, and decentralized VOD doesn't have the same mojo. (There are dedicated vidiots working to change that, along with who knows how many mageekians who watch whole seasons of Netflix shows at a shot and get all tingly from it, but the global unconscious that magick draws from just hasn't caught up to VOD yet.) Short or truncated seasons are hell, too -- you don't want to know how many vidiots got dead, or worse than dead, after the writers' strike cut off their charge sources, and how many others managed to get themselves into deep poo poo picking up more obsession programs. The only Videomancers still thriving are the ones with obsession programs that Netflix can't supplant: local news, live sports, and game shows.

The game-show guys are kind of interesting, actually. They're not exactly trendy -- they tend to be kinda older and fustier than your average adept -- but charging off on big cash and fabulous prizes seems to leave you a little stabler than the vidiots who charge off of shoot-em-up cop shows or family dramas. It's also a lot easier to get onto game shows than conventional dramatic TV, too, and requires less crime than getting on the news, so a lot of game-show vidiots can grab at least a few major charges. Some of 'em say that your mojo multiplies if you manage to win... and, of course, winners usually come back for the next episode. I know a guy who claims that Ken Jennings carried more major charges than any man alive by the end of his Jeopardy winning streak. What I wanna know is, how'd he manage to keep from tabooing himself? Do they let you watch Jeopardy while you're filming Jeopardy?

Nobody can figure out if that Press Your Luck guy from the '80's was a vidiot or not, but c'mon. Nobody does that poo poo without the magick on the line. Right?

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Antivehicular posted:

Nobody likes to talk about it, but Videomancy is dying. The communal experience of scheduled broadcast TV that vidiots charge off of is dying, and decentralized VOD doesn't have the same mojo. (There are dedicated vidiots working to change that, along with who knows how many mageekians who watch whole seasons of Netflix shows at a shot and get all tingly from it, but the global unconscious that magick draws from just hasn't caught up to VOD yet.) Short or truncated seasons are hell, too -- you don't want to know how many vidiots got dead, or worse than dead, after the writers' strike cut off their charge sources, and how many others managed to get themselves into deep poo poo picking up more obsession programs. The only Videomancers still thriving are the ones with obsession programs that Netflix can't supplant: local news, live sports, and game shows.

The game-show guys are kind of interesting, actually. They're not exactly trendy -- they tend to be kinda older and fustier than your average adept -- but charging off on big cash and fabulous prizes seems to leave you a little stabler than the vidiots who charge off of shoot-em-up cop shows or family dramas. It's also a lot easier to get onto game shows than conventional dramatic TV, too, and requires less crime than getting on the news, so a lot of game-show vidiots can grab at least a few major charges. Some of 'em say that your mojo multiplies if you manage to win... and, of course, winners usually come back for the next episode. I know a guy who claims that Ken Jennings carried more major charges than any man alive by the end of his Jeopardy winning streak. What I wanna know is, how'd he manage to keep from tabooing himself? Do they let you watch Jeopardy while you're filming Jeopardy?

Nobody can figure out if that Press Your Luck guy from the '80's was a vidiot or not, but c'mon. Nobody does that poo poo without the magick on the line. Right?

You think it's a coincidence that streaming is killing the video star? I have it on good authority that the cbs.com 24/7 Big Brother stream was pitched by an adept who wanted to take down a cult of reality-show vidiots. It's every videomancer's dream and nightmare - new content of your favorite show, airing at all times, and if you ever walk away from the computer you bottom out.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Count Chocula posted:

Pick Up Artists have a life built around an Obsession with getting laid, a philosophy full of obvious Paradoxes, and a set of mechanistic actions ('talk to 30 people a night') that slot easily into charging rituals. So why aren't they Adepts yet? Is the Flying Woman preventing it? Does the Choir Invisible prevent it? Or does every stupidly-named leader of the scene who comes close get a meeting with something who offers them real power?

PUAs don't become adepts because all that magical power they generate gets collected from them before they have a chance to use it. The reason for his is because the rituals that PUAs use are designed do to this. Also if PUAs manage to generate or get charges from other means, that magical energy is collected as well. Who is collecting all this magical energy? It isn't the leaders of the PUA movement. If anything they're oblivious to what they are really doing. Its probably not a coincidence that the leaders of the PUA movement all have seen the original tape of the Naked Goddess.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There has never been a website known as something awful dot com. You're all watching a dead monitor.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Once you graduate from duke to lord, you start doing a lot of Comte-watching. It's hard to avoid; the guy's got a finger in all the Occult Underground's pies after a certain power level. He's also got a body count like you wouldn't believe. (Come to think of it, nah, you'd probably believe it. You believe a lot of poo poo.) The Comte ices practically everyone he talks to for longer than a take-out order, and after a little while of hearing the latest horror story, you start to wonder, why? Is the First and Last Man just another burnt-out sociopath?

Quite probably, but that's not actually why he does it. You see, the First and Last Man is humanity -- like a proxy, except that proxy rituals are like a bad photocopy of what he is to us. It's complicated, but in this case, what it means is that everyone the Comte loves ends up ascending to the Clergy. That doesn't mean romantic love, either; the first one was his mother, back when we flopped over the line from tool-users to archetype-makers, and it can happen to anyone from a close friend to a really good Craigslist hookup. (Some people are wondering just how and when he met the Naked Goddess, but me, I think a guy deserves a few secrets.) I reckon he's a pretty hard bastard, but he can't just stop caring about people, because he's Humanity, you know? So it happens, over and over again.

The upshot is: every time the Comte really cares about somebody, he has a choice. He can let that person ascend to their archetype of best fit -- maybe kicking out someone else he loved once, or maybe filling in another seat and ticking the world's doomsday clock towards 333. Or he can kill them. Every shot he puts in somebody's head is a vote to keep the world going a little longer.

Some Comte-watchers say this works in reverse, too -- everyone who hits the Clergy is someone the Comte once loved. They say the trick is getting authentically close to him, no mojo (he smells that poo poo a mile away), and hopping onto the big gold elevator to Heaven before he notices. They say the Freak's got a plan for it, and Dermott Arkane, and Alex Abel, and God knows who else... couldn't pay me enough money to even try, though. Who wants to be loved by a guy like the First and Last Man?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

God is dead. His grave is in the middle of the Craters of the Moon national park. It's a bit of a hike to get there. Bring flowers.

Banana Moon Pies are 0.1% moon dust. That's why they taste chalky.

About 1 in 10 Mosin rifles has a minor charge in it. Damned if I know how it got in there or how to get it out.

Take a CD of Queen's Greatest Hits Vol 2. Break it into inch-long slivers. Load it into a 10 gauge shell. Keep it on you at all times. You'll know when you need it.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Early in their career, They Might Be Giants made a video for their song "Rabid Child." They've never released it. To see it is to see the kind of ritual that can keep a band like this going for 30 years while million-selling musical acts disappear in just a short time.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Guys, guys! I figured out the best way for Personamancers to get major charges. Being a stunt double. I mean, c'mon, it's right in the name! You think maybe that's why superhero and action movies are so popular: 'cuz Personamancers are trying more chances to pose as a famous celebrity? It's the perfect plan. I mean, c'mon, nobody watches to the ends of the credits. And barring a few cinematography glitches, can you really tell when it's the actor up there and when it's the double? No, not really.

Course, 100 million people is still a lot. And they're not getting significant charges while filming because even though we don't know when the stunt double's on the stage, the film crew certainly does. The only way they could possibly get a major charge is if a whole lotta cineplexes showed the movie at literally the exact same time, down to the second, and they all watched it together, Videomancer-style. But nobody's ever organized something on that scale, right? Seriously, what kinda crazy fanbase would you need to get something that precise?

Say, when is Star Wars VII gonna be airing again?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
After his death, Kurt Cobain's soul made its home inside a CD. Anybody with the album and the game Monster Rancher has the ability to resurrect him. The catch?... it's not a Nirvana album.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Footage of The Freak surfaced recently: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y23dEyGaGlg

It's missing the gag where he can't feel pain.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Speaking of "Go Set a Watchman": so everyone's all up in arms about how the Atticus is practically a different character from Mockingbird, yeah? Well here's the thing-- go back and read the first book again. I bet those words look a lot different from how they did when you read it in high school.

Coincidentally, I heard a rumor about a rash of sudden resignation of English teachers in the past month...

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Count Chocula posted:

Footage of The Freak surfaced recently: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y23dEyGaGlg

It's missing the gag where he can't feel pain.

"He built Mariah Carey from scratch!"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

You know why they are called wisdom teeth, don't ya? They are critical conduits for psychic power. Just like your eyes are conduits for your brain to understand images, your wisdom teeth are a lot like psychic antannae that are connected to your brain. The deal is, the governments that have figured this out are concerned that a large explosion in the psychic population is brewing and that their control over us will erode if such an event occured... and so they promote the removal of wisdom teeth before the person is old enough to potentially tap into their latent powers. Didn't you ever wonder why psychics always seem to come from places that are just a bit off the beaten path? It's because they can't afford good dental care.

There is no significance to the fact that dog is God spelled backwards. It is, however, very significant that deus is suede spelled backwards. Why do you think there are all these sightings of the King?

Why were so many scientists pushing to have Pluto no longer be a planet? Think about it. Pluto was the god of money and the underworld. His prominence as a planet strengthens both the dead and the dollar. The scientific community is trying to weaken the dead, make it harder for them to cross over into our world. Or maybe they're just commies. Probably both.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pop rocks and soda doesn't make your stomach explode. The soda just makes the eggs hatch, and...well...the little guys gotta eat something...

Noticed the increase in smiley yellow faces over the last few decades? Seventies peace symbol, icon of eighties "have a nice day" optimism, acid house and now all over the internet and on the logo of the World's biggest retailer... You think it's just coincidence? Sure it is. Have a nice day now.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
Everyone knows that the "entries" on the scp foundation website are just some creepypastas thrown together by nerds. But the discussion section? All I can say is that you better have Omaha level clearence before you dive into that poo poo.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The Greil Marcus book I'm reading has a whole chapter on people allegedly stealing the corpses of famous people and eating them as burgers - Elvisburgers, Viciousburgers, Lennonburgers, James Dean burgers with bits of metal still in them. It would make a fun Adept school.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

The Greil Marcus book I'm reading has a whole chapter on people allegedly stealing the corpses of famous people and eating them as burgers - Elvisburgers, Viciousburgers, Lennonburgers, James Dean burgers with bits of metal still in them. It would make a fun Adept school.

"One disgusting canvas seemed to depict a vast cross-section of Beacon Hill, with ant-like armies of the mephitic monsters squeezing themselves through burrows that honeycombed the ground. Dances in the modern cemeteries were freely pictured, and another conception somehow shocked me more than all the rest—a scene in an unknown vault, where scores of the beasts crowded about one who held a well-known Boston guide-book and was evidently reading aloud. All were pointing to a certain passage, and every face seemed so distorted with epileptic and reverberant laughter that I almost thought I heard the fiendish echoes. The title of the picture was, “Holmes, Lowell, and Longfellow Lie Buried in Mount Auburn”."

EscortMission
Mar 4, 2009

Come with me
if you want to live.

Count Chocula posted:

Who says they're just "stealing corpses?"

Sure are a lot of celebrities "dying" recently.

EscortMission fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 31, 2015

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Ever since all this new age talk of quantum mechanics started getting tossed around, people have been chatting about how they can hop through alternate realities and stuff. Now, I dunno about you, but I figure we all end up hopping when we sleep. Here's the catch though; you'll only actually shift to an alternate dimension when you realize that the world you're in isn't the one you remember being in. A word of advice if you wanna do the planeswalker thing, check out videos you watched the day before, you might catch some...discrepancies.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

EscortMission posted:

Who says they're just "stealing corpses?"

Sure are a lot of celebrities "dying" recently.

I can copy the quotes if anyone wants them, but the idea is that by eating a bit of the corpse you gain what it had in life. Bits of memories and skills. It would work on normal people but it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble, but start chowing down on Avatars and superstars and you get mojo. Of course it's implied that famous people literally engaged in cannibalism.

There's also a Lester Bangs exceed about getting a massive charge from taking the drugs that were in Elvis' gut when he died.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

I can copy the quotes if anyone wants them, but the idea is that by eating a bit of the corpse you gain what it had in life. Bits of memories and skills. It would work on normal people but it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble, but start chowing down on Avatars and superstars and you get mojo. Of course it's implied that famous people literally engaged in cannibalism.

There's also a Lester Bangs exceed about getting a massive charge from taking the drugs that were in Elvis' gut when he died.

It's not that they were famous, its that they were rich. This feels like something plutophage could be capable of.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Count Chocula posted:

Les Paul, who was a secret Mechanomancer, used that exact procedure to fuel the Major Clockwork that the rest of the world recognizes as Keith Richards. Most of the major deaths in popular music, from Jimi Hendrix to Amy Winehouse, were engineered as rituals to keep him going.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

Celebrities, Cannibalism, and Drugs chat posted:

Speaking of all that, Wayne Coyne isn't going through a midlife crisis. It's the cannibal ritual screwing up something fierce. Normal people, even people who get into that meat grinder of rock and roll and corporate fame, don't act like that after getting handed an ecstasy pill on their 50th birthday. If that even was an ecstasy pill.

Ignore the creepy press with Miley Cyrus and Kesha, what about that business with the Gummy Skull and Fetus EPs? The former of which having a brain that tasted like marijuana? And the talks of a gummy simulacrum of Wayne Coyne with a hard drive of his entire work for a heart? The first Heady Fwends album being pressed into vinyl with blood offerings from the collaborators? An entire 24 hour song embedded in actual human skulls? And just who the hell hands you a disarmed, gold-painted grenade just for kicks anyways?

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 1, 2015

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

AlanWhats posted:

Speaking of all that, Wayne Coyne isn't going through a midlife crisis. It's the cannibal ritual screwing up something fierce. Normal people, even people who get into that meat grinder of rock and roll and corporate fame, don't act like that after getting handed an ecstasy pill on their 50th birthday. If that even was an ecstasy pill.

Ignore the creepy press with Miley Cyrus and Kesha, what about that business with the Gummy Skull and Fetus EPs? The former of which having a brain that tasted like marijuana? And the talks of a gummy simulacrum of Wayne Coyne with a hard drive of his entire work for a heart? The first Heady Fwends album being pressed into vinyl with blood offerings from the collaborators? An entire 24 hour song embedded in actual human skulls? And just who the hell hands you a disarmed, gold-painted grenade just for kicks anyways?

Wayne Coyne is what happens when a Fool Avatar decides he's the ideas guy.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

In Portland, there's a cabal of dukes calling themselves The Bostonians. The only thing binding them is they all came to Portland from Boston... Boston, Oregon.

See, Portland got its name when two of its founders agreed to decide on a name for the new city with a flip of a coin. One wanted to name it for Portland, ME; the other for Boston, MA. According to the Bostonians, Boston was supposed to win the coin toss, but... Something changed history to name the city Portland. When history got rewritten, everyone else forgot, but The Bostonians still remember. You'd think they're just crazy, but some of them still have memorabilia; one still owns his Boston Timbers jersey (apparently hockey got real big in his town's universe instead of soccer).

The Bostonians are fighting to restore their timeline, starting a mystery cult around their nonexistent city and looking for the Portland Penny (the one in the museum is a fake). But they're losing against the competition; it's too bad the Cult of The Flesh God got their hooks into Wayne Coyne...

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hitchhiking-robot-hitchbot-meets-demise-philadelphia-after-about-2-weeks-n402606

You guys seen this? I don't know if the Robots dismembering was the Ritual's completion or a fight against it, but we need to start looking into this kind of poo poo. Someone is getting charges off it.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Saw this in the news the other day. Some random Congressman stole the Pope's water glass; apparently, he did the same thing with President Obama's after the inauguration speech. Sounds like classic Dipsomancer activity to me; all the talk about sprinkling holy water on his family is just a smokescreen for his real intentions. Or is there actually something he can do with that water, considering he's got plenty of charges from the Obama cup? What would he need with two of them?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Backup in case one gets stolen/broken, obviously.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
The question isn't what did he want with it. The question is whose hands he was keeping it out of.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Ever wondered why the Department of Defense dropped serious bucks on developmentof the Internet, of all things, and then kind of gave it away for free? You see, the ARPANET project wasn't at all about creating a computer network, even if that technical necessity turned out to be a very convenient thing. ARPANET was in truth a research project to weaponise the memes.

Just think of all the archetypes the Department could create at a moment's notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

There is a video game adept school - a recent one. One that wasn't possible in the Atari era, but now has weight. Nintendo and Capcom wanted it that way: why else would they deliberately release games as buggy as Mario 64 or the original Mega Man games? The bugs were lurking in the code as a test, a rite of passage for a new school of adept bullshit that takes advantage of the bugs in the universe's source code. They call it ludophagy, the consumption of games - because let's face it; beating Ocarina of Time in under ten minutes is a hell of a feat, but it sure as hell isn't playing Ocarina of Time any more.

Toby Fox knew this. This is why he made a terrible bargain with the masters of Ludophagy never to speedrun Undertale, and why he is powerless to stop the excesses of it's fandom.

So, then. How was your SGDQ?

• Locked thread