Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Anubis posted:

So, what's the over/under on when schools will be brought back up from their now inevitable shutdown?

If the schools shut down there will be no need to comply with the transgender bathroom order. Check and mate, LIEberals.

It's depressing that a sizeable chunk of my acquaintances are more concerned about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

Newt Gingrich's old district: SAFE BLUE STATE VICTORY LAP. loving hell.

Do you have any sourcing on this? Everything I've seen is that the DNC/DCCC/HousePAC prefer to put the focus and narrative of The First Test of Trump on GA-6, where they'll be top votegetter in the primary even though they'll likely fall short of 50% and have a tough fight in the runoff. "We lost by less than 20% for the first time in decades! Proof that even Republicans hate Trump!" isn't a great story to push when the strength of the party is behind you.

Republicans have a vested interest in making this seem like a tight race right now, which is part of the reason you've been seeing all the stories and leaks. They badly want to keep the margin at double digits, but they're leaking that it's within a point or two. They do that to put more attention on the race (which is needed when your base is tired of winning Trump and Brownback) and because it paints Thompson losing 53-45 as underachieving rather than being the best D result in decades by a wide margin.

It'd be wonderful if Thompson wins but I doubt that was ever in the cards here. So what story do you want after the loss? I'd rather have "Grassroots Activism puts the pressure on candidates in safe Red districts" than "Republican wins by 8 up against full force of the DNC". And if a few armchair slacktivists decide they can't trust the party and they'll have to put the effort in themselves in 2018, so much the better.

e: I'm a few days behind the times? Oh well. TankieDog will live on in my memory, and upon my clipboard.

I love Very Serious People and their analysis which continually writes off my state entirely. Hey at least they've been successful elsewhere. What's that, the strategy has worked literally nowhere? :thinking:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

No, you see I am a very serious person who lives on the coast and knows that all people in Kansas are toothless gomer neanderthals who would never have the inclination to vote for anyone that wasn't screaming about killing gays and immigrants.

I thought losing to an idiot game show host would at least give give the Democratic leadership pause, but instead they are fully committed to the same strategy that got them locked out of federal power and most state legislatures. They really would rather retain their personal positions of authority within the out of power Democratic party rather than make changes that risk ceding that personal power.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

Literally any other thread, you useless fucks.

Yoder's got to be pissing himself at this stage. Is there any word on who'll replace Estes?

How dare you discuss the failures of the national party after just witnessing the failure of the national party??? I think it's alright to throw some blame their way.

• Locked thread