Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I think it makes sense to let fellow blind players give suggestions, and to let vets to give advice on controls (but only controls). In that spirit, you can drink from sinks by pressing 'q' while standing on top of them. You can open an unlocked chest by standing on top of it and typing #loot, or by picking it up and using 'a'pply. I don't think you can pick your dog up, though, which means you can't #dip it into the sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

If you want to talk to a monster, use the #chat command rather than moving into it. Looking forward to seeing what happens next! :)

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

dont ruin the thread
The guy literally just said that help with controls was fine.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Nice move closing the door to keep the monsters out of the shop!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

Weird, I would have bet my left nut it was those monster the men from the east ride in LOTR but I can't find a single thing backing that up. Apparently they were introduced in the Fiend Folio way back in 1981 which is certainly timely enough to get into nethack. I even had that book.
Nah, you're thinking of mumakil.

• Locked thread