Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
markus_cz
May 10, 2009

I never played Nethack but it pains me to see that chest on the first floor unopened and the sink undrinked from. If you can even do that? Surely there must be commands for drinking from sinks and prying open chests? Don't leave anything unexplored!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Okay guys, giving advice of any kind (beyond "you can use these commands to interact with things", because forcing players to resort to the documentation is dull) is probably against the spirit of this LP.

Well I haven't played the game so calling my calls for "Drink from the sink!" an advice would be a stretch. I do agree that people who have played the game and know the cause and effect of things should probably censor themselves. But people who are as green as Espilae? I don't think that letting them ask questions and post ill advised "suggestions" can hurt anything, can it? It doesn't feel to be against the spirit of playing blind. Because if even clueless people can't say things then... well, there won't be much thread activity, will it?

But Espilae should probably weigh in on this.

===

I vote for the thin staircase!

• Locked thread