Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Utterly perfect.

SirSamVimes posted:

This is going to be fun. :allears:

When you get tired of Nethack, I highly recommend trying Crawl.
Definitely this. Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is an oldschool roguelike updated with sane, modern design philosophies in mind, while nethack is "gotcha!" the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

It's also the best roguelike. ADOM rules.
ADOM is somewhat more sane than nethack but it's still not really sane and far from the best

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't actually remember what it means so skinny

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

uPen posted:

VI keys really are the best. Look at this, he's been playing nethack all of 20 minutes and he's already converting. If that's not proof I don't know what is.
"If you spend like half an hour you can begin to learn them" is not very convincing, no

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm surprised you leveled up killing the stuff that dude made from a wand. I guess they give experience just like normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

rchandra posted:

That would be a pretty terrible design goal when coupled with permadeath.
Yeah, that's why nethack isn't actually a very good game.

It can be funny sometimes though.

• Locked thread