Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who ya got in the money in the bank match
This poll is closed.
Sheamus 7 8.14%
Dolph Ziggler 1 1.16%
Kofi Kingston 10 11.63%
Roman Reigns 23 26.74%
Randy Orton 3 3.49%
The Demon, Kane 11 12.79%
there's somebody else in this match but I forgot who and I don't want to look it up 31 36.05%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Amazing main event. The finish was slightly odd but it really didn't spoil it for me, especially with the commentary selling the idea that Rollins did it on his own, which was necessary. I want to see Ambrose win the belt but both guys looked good.

Also PTP! Yes!

And yeah, Cena got his win back but there's gotta be a rubber match.

Good PPV overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Tag title finish was perfectly fine.

So was Owens vs Cena, and honestly Ambrose vs Rollins was a good finish too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

The story is that despite relying on the authority all the time, Seth is genuinely a threat and can back it up, but Dean Ambrose is a man too stubborn and vengeful to die and even after throwing everything he had at him and putting a proverbial stake through the man's heart, Seth still only won by the narrowest of margins. Both men looked incredible. Seth will come out on RAW and brag that he won fair and square while we know how close it really was.

I am not disagreeing with any of this? I am saying Brock is not going to lose to Seth.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Also we get to wait MORE than a month for the next PPV!

Of course it's Battleground but win some, lose some.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Cool show. I like wrestling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

What? Think of all those important feuds Ambrose can have with... um... yeah

What are you talking about? There's Set-oh, Brock's back tomorrow

Well there's Bra-oh he's against Reigns now

Well Shea-oh yeah because of Rusev's injury, he's probably fighting Dolph or Neville now

Well he could be on a tea-oh, New Day have a rematch clause

Well there's always Ce-oh he's having his third match with Owens next time

Well BIG SHOH poo poo yeah he's against Miz and Ryback

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
A long time ago I guess I liked a page called Wwe programming on facebook and it never posts anything. Until tonight.

"Well, bullshit is the word. WWE dropped the ball with Owens. Does not matter if the obviously next bout is title vs title and he wins because its the rubber match, this feud is dead. Dead and nothing left to resurrect it, they gave away the ending after the three count. Sad WWE sad."

lol what a baby.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am not disagreeing with any of this? I am saying Brock is not going to lose to Seth.

Brock will not get the title back at Summerslam, unless he is doing way more dates this year than last. His deal is 3 years, they're not going to want to go with the big brock title reign straight away again after having the belt gone for most of last year.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have no powers of prognostication with Brock Lesnar but if pattern holds, I will watch it and enjoy it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There is ONE thing WWE could do to keep me excited, and that's Dean/Seth/Brock triple threat or even Dean/Seth/Brock/Roman four way.

And admittedly both of these are reasonably plausible.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wtf are they gonna do with sheamus tho actually

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There is ONE thing WWE could do to keep me excited, and that's Dean/Seth/Brock triple threat or even Dean/Seth/Brock/Roman four way.

And admittedly both of these are reasonably plausible.

I'd be very surprised if the match isn't at least Brock/Reigns/Seth triple threat seeing as Summerslam's the 2nd biggest show of the year and Roman doesn't need more than a month to kill Wyatt since he's already beaten him after wrestling two previous matches and with Authority interference.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

There hasn't been a Sheamus segment I haven't fast forwarded through since he came back so boy was I surprised when I saw that Roman didn't win MitB!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'd be very surprised if the match isn't at least Brock/Reigns/Seth triple threat seeing as Summerslam's the 2nd biggest show of the year and Roman doesn't need more than a month to kill Wyatt since he's already beaten him after wrestling two previous matches and with Authority interference.

And I'd be mildly shocked if Dean wasn't involved given how loving much WWE protected him in that match.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

WeaponX posted:

wtf are they gonna do with sheamus tho actually

Sheamus will try to cash in on some random Smackdown in October and will lose in 5 minutes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roman reigns vs bray wyatt

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

first big show now this, good plans for roman all around

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I thought Owens/Cena and Rollins/Ambrose both made perfect sense and were really good matches

Eventually Seth actually had to win a match and prove that he wasn't a useless sack of poo poo. He did so while still letting Ambrose look like a complete insane badass. I suppose everyone complaining about this thought Austin should have powered out of that Sharpshooter and made Bret Hart submit. (No, I'm not saying in any way that this match will turn Ambrose into a star like Austin, merely that sometimes the bad guy should get to win)

If you keep booking Rollins like a useless crybaby that can't actually win a match, you end up with another heel like Wyatt, Kane, Show...gently caress EVERY HEEL THAT ISN'T ROLLINS. In that no one gives a gently caress about their matches.

However, Sheamus winning MITB is just a what the gently caress moment that makes no sense and jesus christ I'm so loving sick of Sheamus and he just came back

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I thought Owens/Cena and Rollins/Ambrose both made perfect sense and were really good matches

Eventually Seth actually had to win a match and prove that he wasn't a useless sack of poo poo. He did so while still letting Ambrose look like a complete insane badass. I suppose everyone complaining about this thought Austin should have powered out of that Sharpshooter and made Bret Hart submit. (No, I'm not saying in any way that this match will turn Ambrose into a star like Austin, merely that sometimes the bad guy should get to win)

If you keep booking Rollins like a useless crybaby that can't actually win a match, you end up with another heel like Wyatt, Kane, Show...gently caress EVERY HEEL THAT ISN'T ROLLINS. In that no one gives a gently caress about their matches.

However, Sheamus winning MITB is just a what the gently caress moment that makes no sense and jesus christ I'm so loving sick of Sheamus and he just came back

i agree with all of this actually, my hatred is contingent on the hypothesis that Brock beats Seth when he returns.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I didn't think there was a worse result than Reigns winning the briefcase, but WWE proved me wrong with Sheamus. What the gently caress? At least Owens and Cena was good and made sense. One ray of sunshine in a totally lovely event.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You'd think Sheamus would have just cashed in his briefcase while Ambrose and Seth were farting around a mile away in the audience. Climb ladder, get belt, yoink.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

i'm not sure who this post is directed to because is anybody like super bummed out and sad that dean didn't win? Seth won and should have won. The finish was still bad though. They invented a rule and then had to explain it to the audience after it happened. That's not good or decisive in the kind of visceral in the moment reaction you want for a big finish to a brutal title match.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
My friend and I enjoyed the PPV. Heartbroken Dean made me sad. :(

nooneofconsequence posted:

The New Day lost?!

What duketastrophy.
I appreciate this.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

kevin owens got to sami zayn john cena in his second ppv match

and thats good enough for me

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

oatgan posted:

roman reigns, vs bray wyatt

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Sheamus told you all he would win the ladder match he is the taller man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

i'm not sure who this post is directed to because is anybody like super bummed out and sad that dean didn't win? Seth won and should have won. The finish was still bad though. They invented a rule and then had to explain it to the audience after it happened. That's not good or decisive in the kind of visceral in the moment reaction you want for a big finish to a brutal title match.

No, not even me and I am the biggest Dean mark in PSP by like, a lot. I mean am I disappointed? Yeah. Would I have preferred the other outcome? Yes. But I don't think it was a bad decision by WWE, nor do I think it hurt Dean in any way other than potentially being a victim of circumstances.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

reignofevil posted:

Sheamus told you all he would win the ladder match he is the taller man.

Kane's taller than Sheamus though?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No, not even me and I am the biggest Dean mark in PSP by like, a lot. I mean am I disappointed? Yeah. Would I have preferred the other outcome? Yes. But I don't think it was a bad decision by WWE, nor do I think it hurt Dean in any way other than potentially being a victim of circumstances.

Yeah, nobody's upset about him losing, it's more 1) how he lost and 2) where he goes from here

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The_Rob posted:

A long time ago I guess I liked a page called Wwe programming on facebook and it never posts anything. Until tonight.

"Well, bullshit is the word. WWE dropped the ball with Owens. Does not matter if the obviously next bout is title vs title and he wins because its the rubber match, this feud is dead. Dead and nothing left to resurrect it, they gave away the ending after the three count. Sad WWE sad."

lol what a baby.

Call him stupid.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, nobody's upset about him losing, it's more 1) how he lost and 2) where he goes from here

I don't even mind #1. How he lost was fine. He looked literally inhuman (like Brock/Cena level resilient) and Seth winning clean was important to legitimize him as champ. For me it's all #2 that's the issue.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That was amazing. Will have pictures soonish.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My only problem with Cena winning the rematch is that Cena finishes are the most boring thing ever, even when the rest of his match is pretty exciting. "oh slow reversal into a sig guy gets up slooooow aa pickup aa 1 2 3 CENA WINS"

But that's more a problem with Cena and his finisher than with the booking.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

My only problem with Cena winning the rematch is that Cena finishes are the most boring thing ever, even when the rest of his match is pretty exciting. "oh slow reversal into a sig guy gets up slooooow aa pickup aa 1 2 3 CENA WINS"

The Cena finish is when he does his finisher unlike Kevin Owens who,

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The Cena finish is when he does his finisher unlike Kevin Owens who,

knocks his opponent unconscious to the point the ref needs to call a tko

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
but hey nice "snark" post i see you're good at those

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

knocks his opponent unconscious to the point the ref needs to call a tko

Or does a pop up power bomb. He usually does a pop up power bomb, which is his finishing move. Most wrestlers who win matches win with their finishing move.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

I legitimately am.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dias posted:

He's actually bad at everything, politeness isn't welcome here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My only problem with Cena winning the rematch is that Cena finishes are the most boring thing ever, even when the rest of his match is pretty exciting. "ktchew ktchew frrt bang bang brbrbrbrbrrbr"

• Locked thread