Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who ya got in the money in the bank match
This poll is closed.
Sheamus 7 8.14%
Dolph Ziggler 1 1.16%
Kofi Kingston 10 11.63%
Roman Reigns 23 26.74%
Randy Orton 3 3.49%
The Demon, Kane 11 12.79%
there's somebody else in this match but I forgot who and I don't want to look it up 31 36.05%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

He's actually bad at everything, politeness isn't welcome here

That dude is about as slow as John Cena setting up his finishing sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also we get to wait MORE than a month for the next PPV!

Of course it's Battleground but win some, lose some.

We do get the 4th of July show in 3 weeks though...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cena should have used the Avalanche AA as the finish, imo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the problem was there wasn't a finishing stretch that built into the AA they just both stood up and then cena did a third one. It was still a great match but the ending wasn't a moment or any kind of payoff for the work that preceded it. Botching the springboard stunner moments earlier didn't help

looking forward to owens/cena III with a longer build this time i hope they can keep up the work they've been doing it's stellar

projecthalaxy posted:

Cena should have used the Avalanche AA as the finish, imo
yeah he went back to this a couple times in the match but owens kept escaping if they weren't going to do it tonight it would be nice to see in their third match

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

That dude is about as slow as John Cena setting up his finishing sequence.

John Cena did his stunner and immediately did an AA (attitude adjustment)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Astro7x posted:

We do get the 4th of July show in 3 weeks though...

I think most of the build up to that will be done on NXT though. Owens/Balor is the only match on the card that fits into the current storylines.

That said, if we get a few weeks of New Day/Brock & Heyman confrontations, I'll forget any misgivings I have toward WWE.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oatgan posted:

the problem was there wasn't a finishing stretch that built into the AA they just both stood up and then cena did a third one. It was still a great match but the ending wasn't a moment or any kind of payoff for the work that preceded it. Botching the springboard stunner moments earlier didn't help

Yeah, this is what I mean, the match goes into "okay time for sig into finisher for the second/third time and the pin". It doesn't really tell a story, it feels disconnected from the rest of the match and it's kinda...robotic. Not that the finish to the first match was anything outstanding either, to be fair, it suffered from the same problem than this one.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Yeah, this is what I mean, the match goes into "okay time for sig into finisher for the second/third time and the pin". It doesn't really tell a story, it feels disconnected from the rest of the match and it's kinda...robotic. Not that the finish to the first match was anything outstanding either, to be fair, it suffered from the same problem than this one.

Too abrupt then? Fine. I agree with that. But since you were mean to me, I'm going to point out that this is contrary to what your problem with John Cena finishes was before.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The Cena/Owens match didn't seem particularly great to me. It was just spamming the gently caress out of finishers like everyone had infinite health and cheat mode on, just like the first one. Then Owens loses for no real reason other than Cena used a move he had already failed to defeat Owens with twice prior. There didn't seem to be any particular moment that the tide turned since all they were doing was trading super combos the whole match.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Dias posted:

knocks his opponent unconscious to the point the ref needs to call a tko

that was literally one match and it didn't involve John Cena or a WWE PPV

Angry Grimace posted:

The Cena/Owens match didn't seem particularly great to me. It was just spamming the gently caress out of finishers like everyone had infinite health and cheat mode on, just like the first one. Then Owens loses for no real reason other than Cena used a move he had already failed to defeat Owens with twice prior. There didn't seem to be any particular moment that the tide turned since all they were doing was trading super combos the whole match.

yes in wrestling that's called "a close match"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dr. rear end posted:

yes in wrestling that's called "a close match"

go rewatch HBK/Mankind and tell me how many nearfalls they had

I mean, I love Cena when he does wacky moves but that match was overkill

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I was there live and I couldn't tell that Cena had hit the stupid springboard stunner. I thought Owens had tossed him off but suddenly AA pin win. Also what were they sayin about Ambrose at the end? I didn't mind that he lost but I'm curious cuz...no commentary live.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Good Listener posted:

I was there live and I couldn't tell that Cena had hit the stupid springboard stunner. I thought Owens had tossed him off but suddenly AA pin win. Also what were they sayin about Ambrose at the end? I didn't mind that he lost but I'm curious cuz...no commentary live.

The general consensus was that the match was good but probably not good for the immediate future of Ambrose cuz Brock Lesnar is making an appearance tomorrow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The general consensus was that the match was good but probably not good for the immediate future of Ambrose cuz Brock Lesnar is making an appearance tomorrow.

I think he meant the commentary. It was sorta okay; they put Ambrose over pretty big with even JBL begrudgingly giving him credit, but not as much as they probably should've. JR, for all his faults, would've been losing his poo poo, and this match really needed that.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think he meant the commentary. It was sorta okay; they put Ambrose over pretty big with even JBL begrudgingly giving him credit, but not as much as they probably should've. JR, for all his faults, would've been losing his poo poo, and this match really needed that.

My mistake. Commentary had the "hell of a fight" thing going for it, but it had a sense of finality to it, which may or may not mean anything on either account. Tune in Monday.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

RacistGuidingLight posted:

My mistake. Commentary had the "hell of a fight" thing going for it, but it had a sense of finality to it, which may or may not mean anything on either account. Tune in Monday.

Got it haha, thanks for the help. i think I'll skip Monday though. After NXT and MITB live, I need a wrestle relax.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Good Listener posted:

It looked like he tried to hit it as a top rope variant, like off the turnbuckle, which would have been a way he hadn't hit it before and probably a cool way to end it. But it didn't connect at all, so it ended up being kind of lame since it turned into just an AA finish. I can't be too mad at it since I can see what they were going for. Cena just needs to dump the springboard stunner, it looks dumb even when he does hit it, and it seems really easy to botch since it depends on the opponent being in near-perfect position and some uncontrollable variance on how Cena is going to come off the ropes.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Good Listener posted:

Got it haha, thanks for the help. i think I'll skip Monday though. After NXT and MITB live, I need a wrestle relax.

BORK LASER

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I appreciate that John is very athletic and knows lots of MOVEZ~~ but he probably shouldn't be using most of them. If he wants to impress all the smarks there's much easier and impressive moves to pull off that don't expose the match for poo poo constantly

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that divas finish was loving HORSEpoo poo!!!!!!!!!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

What's really grating about that Cena match is that they were telling an interesting story there with Cena starting to flip out about not being able to beat Owens. Then...he beats Owens and Michael Cole, Voice of the Plot, informs us that little bit of trouble is resolved, Cena's fine. Rise Above Character Development.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DeathChicken posted:

What's really grating about that Cena match is that they were telling an interesting story there with Cena starting to flip out about not being able to beat Owens. Then...he beats Owens and Michael Cole, Voice of the Plot, informs us that little bit of trouble is resolved, Cena's fine. Rise Above Character Development.

that was fine, the story was that Cena was frustrated/stunned that he couldn't put Owens down. sometimes it's about the story in the ring, not "character development"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That was a solid show and a lot of people are :qq: over it.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I fell asleep during the ladder match and woke to see Shemus?!? win...like did I miss something because why the gently caress did they think thats a good idea.

The Bella Twins twin magic stuff is getting stupid but I guess Nikki will be champion until she beats AJ's record.

Cena vs Owens I thought was an entertaining match the ending did fall a bit flat but I enjoyed it especially Owens being a oval office at the end.

I fell asleep during the New day vs PtP match but I'm assuming it sucked as nobodys spoken about it.

And Ambrose vs Seth was good I'm glad Seth won with no interference it stops his character from looking like a coward who can't wrestle and win without help (when we all know he's extremely good at what he does).

I look forward to Raw especially if THE 1 IN 21 AND 1 BROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAKK LAAAASSSNAAAAAarrrrr is there

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The pre-show match was the best and I hope JBL takes his new job of Drawbridge Supervisor very seriously.

Also there was the rest of everything, I guess.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Alain Post posted:

go rewatch HBK/Mankind and tell me how many nearfalls they had

I mean, I love Cena when he does wacky moves but that match was overkill

Not every match has to be the same. One match can be good for one reason, another match can be good for another!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wendell posted:

One match can be good for one reason, another match can be good for another!

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
I am very much into the Cena/Owens program generally, but I don't think either of the matches have really been that great.

I appreciate the novelty of Cena wrestling like he's in six-man scramble in 2002 ROH, but at the end of the day there are lots and lots of other wrestlers who do MOVEZ! in a more aesthetically pleasing fashion.

I think spacing things out a bit and doing things that are not "No Mercy hold the a-button" moves would allow me to get caught up in the drama a bit more. I didn't really bite on most of the nearfalls because we already established two weeks ago that they are going to kick out of each other's finishers.

Anyway those are just my thoughts.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Great show. I liked everything until the main event, if you ignore the big show and Kane bits.

I even loved Triple H's maniacal villain pumping up. "SHOW THEM! SHOW THEM ALL!!!" It's like he decided to be what Max Landis thinks he is. Max Landis should post reaction videos to wrestling more often.

Boy that whole main event was just sweaty injured men gasping and resting forever. Sure, it made sense, but it was so slow I just wanted it to be over.

Main event in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wjJzqA_fc

Young Pageviews posted:

I am very much into the Cena/Owens program generally, but I don't think either of the matches have really been that great.

I appreciate the novelty of Cena wrestling like he's in six-man scramble in 2002 ROH, but at the end of the day there are lots and lots of other wrestlers who do MOVEZ! in a more aesthetically pleasing fashion.

I agree they possibly went too far - it went from this Wrestlemania "Cena learnt a new move" to "Cena learned like 15 moves" for this match - too much for the audience to care about. Neat in a nutshell, not necessarily good long term.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 15, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was pretty solid, the only things I actively disliked were the IC title match and Divas title match, both of which had the same issue: nothing matches with bad finishes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wazzu posted:

I agree they possibly went too far - it went from this Wrestlemania "Cena learnt a new move" to "Cena learned like 15 moves" for this match - too much for the audience to care about. Neat in a nutshell, not necessarily good long term.

It seemed to me that the audience cared quite a lot. More than they did for anything else on the show, anyhow.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
John Cena is the best. more moves. more moves!!!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The rana worked, the infa-red attempt was pretty ugly....for a second I thought Owens was going to turn it into a Yoshi Tonic (I think that's the name of the move where land on their chest in a pinning predicament from a rana reversal)

At any rate I appreciate that John apparently cares enough about his work to vary things up a little

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 15, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a red alert is a yoshi tonic. I thought Steen was just going to say gently caress it and do an omori driver to save the spot but they powered through and did it anyway

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Bard Maddox posted:

John Cena is the best. more moves. more moves!!!!

John Cena and Kevin Owens continue feuding until they've just learned all the moves. Cena chokeslams Owens. Owens 619s Cena. Cena mandible claws Owens. Owens stinkfaces Cena. Stink Owens Stink.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oatgan posted:

a red alert is a yoshi tonic. I thought Steen was just going to say gently caress it and do an omori driver to save the spot but they powered through and did it anyway

I thought a vertebreaker was coming, then I realized "naaaah, there's no way".

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just want to make it clear that I think Heel Sheamus is cool and good, it's just that the briefcase win was so out of nowhere. Sheamus has had no real feuds beyond "Doesn't like short dudes" and "wants Dolph to kiss his arse"

We even just established that Sheamus couldn't beat Ryback, even though he was at a huge advantage by entering last at the Elimination Chamber. Everything about this feels like a last minute decision to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

I just want to make it clear that I think Heel Sheamus is cool and good, it's just that the briefcase win was so out of nowhere. Sheamus has had no real feuds beyond "Doesn't like short dudes" and "wants Dolph to kiss his arse"

We even just established that Sheamus couldn't beat Ryback, even though he was at a huge advantage by entering last at the Elimination Chamber. Everything about this feels like a last minute decision to me.

Going into that match I felt like only Sheamus and Reigns had a real chance.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wazzu posted:

Agree 100% here - Austin mentioned in his most recent Heyman podcast that a lot of moves have been watered down because they get overused so often, and aren't a surprise any more. They lose impact when you take something like a stunner or DDT that was a legit horrifying-looking finisher where almost nobody was guaranteed to get up, then that finisher gets turned into a move that everyone kicks out of regardless of how well a guy sells it. Case in point: look at how RVD or even Kofi would sell a DDT and do that whole headstand-bounce thing...it looks like they're legit getting concussed or having their drat neck broken, but they ALWAYS kick out, and it makes zero sense. Same with the top or middle rope versions of the same moves (like Randy's middle rope DDT).

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
MITB is good for Sheamus. I like his heel work and he hasn't sniffed the top title scene in a long time. Just for gently caress's sake stop putting him against Orton, because their chemistry is boring as poo poo.

Young Pageviews posted:

I think spacing things out a bit and doing things that are not "No Mercy hold the a-button" moves would allow me to get caught up in the drama a bit more. I didn't really bite on most of the nearfalls because we already established two weeks ago that they are going to kick out of each other's finishers.

I just appreciate that WWE is having Cena treat Owens of all people like a long time nemesis. Cole was making comparisons to Cena/Rock during the match.

• Locked thread