Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
netcat
Apr 29, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is not the case according to gamexplain. All the styles share the same physics.

I dont know what gamexplain is but is this true? I heard the complete opposite from people who played the game around e3. Also from looking at the gameplay the physics look different to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Nolgthorn posted:

The other thing I really want the game to have is level sets and for 1ups to matter, so that I can have one level lead into the other. Not necessarily buttfuck hard, but enough so that there's incentive to get the 1ups. As it is each level is like its own separate universe from the rest.

Wasn't there a game mode for this?

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Creating hard levels is fun, but it takes some skill to make a hard level that's also fair and fun

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I think the "you must complete before uploading" caveat will weed out a decent amount of kaizo nonsense.

Wow, is that a thing? That's honestly amazing. No way to cheat it like making a really short level and then moving the goal?

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

ColdPie posted:

This is finally the game that will get me to buy a Wii U. Good job, Nintendo.

Same. I want to get the Mario maker bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Countblanc posted:

most of the levels I've seen videos of seem to rely on having a lot of enemies/projectiles to dodge on the screen for challenge rather than platforming itself with a handful of enemies used to limit movement options. I replayed SMB3 this last week in preparation for SMM and it definitely seemed more like the latter than the former. Hopefully some people take a note from that because it was really cool to see again.

People tend to go overboard with tossing a billion enemies all over and forgetting actual platforming challenges. Actual Mario games are pretty sparse on enemies in most cases I think

• Locked thread