Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's 20+ minutes of footage with audio; you get to hear the SMB3 ghost house tune and the SMW castle theme with added Yoshi percussion, among other things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ASTsZLEPc

drat they added in drum rhythms for the castle stages in SMW that you normally couldn't bring Yoshi into. Baaallllllllllllllleeeeeeerrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Super Mario Bros isn't supposed to scroll left or vertically.

Sprites aren't supposed to rotate in these games.

You can't ride beetle shells or wear shells on your head. There is no spiny shell, they just die!

Powerups aren't supposed to interact with springs.

How dare they expand on the original engines with this garbage? They even messed up the horizontal sprite limit, ugh! I'll stick to Lunar Magic thank you.

No one is saying this, but it would be nice having total control over how levels work so that you could theoretically recreate SMB 1 in its entirety. More options is always good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That packaging is awesome. Will buy my first Amiibo for that poo poo

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Being able to go behind the goal in SMW levels is kinda freaking me out

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I see you never found all the exits in SMW :)

That's different, you went below them! Here you're just going directly through the goal, that's not how it works!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Some random Nintendo rep isn't necessarily liable to know anything about future DLC. No plans is probably the official word, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Like everything else it probably depends on how successful the game is.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's uncanny how many of those actually resemble pokemon. ScomFP is my favourite

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Do the enemies dance to the music when you use the NSMB tileset? I never thought to check.

It actually doesn't look like it, based on that level they made in the new promo video.

I assume that's just a dumb little thing they don't want people to have to account for.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly is it just me or is the text ultra blurry white on white? I can barely read the subtitles.

You can style Youtube's subtitles yourself :eng101:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think the waiting time is just as much about not swimming the online "marketplace" with the most insane, complex levels from the get-go. I can see how some people will find it annoying, but it will make for a much smoother curve and will probably result in better levels across the board.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Why do the enemies look lower res than Mario, like they're copy pasted pre-renders

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ah yeah, makes sense if you can basically fill the screen with enemies, it's probably a necessity

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm really glad Weird Nintendo is back

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Zorglorfian posted:

So pumped for this. Does anyone know if Boss battles can be done so far as those similar to mario 3 and mario world?

You probably can't do scripted battles like in Mario World, but you could have a room where you stuck in a big enemy who you would have to defeat to progress, I'm pretty sure.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Motto posted:

SMB1/Lost Levels All Stars looks ugly, SMB3 All Stars looks good

I think it looks good too, but all the other games got new sprites and stuff, and that's the only one where they just painted over the old ones by adding colours and shaders. If you're used to the original it can look weird, and it definitely gives it a different feel.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think this game should have more options. More options are always good. Ideally you should be able to recreate any Mario level, there is no theoretical downside to this. But it already looks like a very competent package that goes above and beyond in several aspects, hopefully they'll add more options, but if they don't that's fine 'cause it looks gooooooooooood.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

The new SMW Bowser looks creepy.

I actually hate the way it looks, I don't think it fits the SMW style at all. Especially since they could've modelled him after the Bowser that's already in the game, which looks great.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lost levels isn't that hard

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The original Bowser sprite from World wasn't a looker either.

In fact it's ridiculously ugly, which speaks a lot about how bad some of World's sprite work was. I'll gladly take Mario Maker's version if it means not having to stare at this ugly thing.

That sprite in fact looks great, nuts to you

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That looks bad though

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I'm actually more interested in nice-looking, well-made levels, like an endless stream of what you might find in a retail game, than I am in the insane kaizo stuff.

Same. Challenge is not at all what I'm coming to this game for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's the worst answer ever

• Locked thread