Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Overseeing a ton of user-created dialogue in home-made Zelda games would probably be way more trouble than its worth for Nintendo. Plus, dungeons would either be really boring or way too easy to break. 2D platforming just lends itself better to this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So there is actually a "traditional" unlock method for all the amiibo skins? Have they explained how it's supposed to work? From that video it looks like it isn't just more time-release stuff.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

BabyRyoga posted:

I'm shocked many of these aren't in the game actually, as they seem like obvious features. They focused so much on random bullshit new abilities like shell hats that they left out some of the fundamentals, especially polishing elements that pertain to specific releases (like the multicolored Yoshi). Extremely disappointing. It'll still be a great game, but sometimes I wonder if Nintendo execs and game designers on both sides of the ocean are actually retarded - they always miss basic functionality.
See I feel the exact opposite. It's awesome that this game offers a ton of new assets and "rules" like shell hats. I find that more fun than sticking to a 1:1 representation of a specific game. It almost turns this into a pseudo SMB 5.

If they focused purely on a tool that could recreate a game exactly, I can guarantee we'd only get it for the NSMB (least effort for Nintendo) or SMB1 styles. I vastly prefer this middle ground that has gotten SMB3 and SMW on the table.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I understand the frustration, but I feel like for every thing you can't do there's like 10 things that have never been in a Mario game before. Or at least neat visual variations. I dunno, maybe I'd be less forgiving if I was planning on creating more of my own stuff. As it is I'm approaching it more as an endless Mario game.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Do the costume unlocks only apply to what you can put in a level? Like if I downloaded that Donkey Kong themed level, would the DK/Diddy mushrooms show up if I hadn't unlocked them yet (or scanned their amiibo)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've read several references to a phone number you can call to get a physical copy of the art book, if you buy the game digitally. Is that supposed to last for a while or is it only for digital pre-load/pre-orders? If it's the latter I guess I'm buying this ahead of my original schedule.

• Locked thread