Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

i have never been more excited for a videogame in the entire 23 year history of playing and enjoying and looking forward to videogames. this is not hyperbole.

who else here is going to try and win one of those limited packs where you have to make your own video?

who else has their younger selves designs all ready to go for release day?

I'm more excited for this than any game because I won't be able to play MGSV until January. I have tons of ideas for levels in all four game types and I can't wait to see everything in the mario maker toolbox.

Here's a short list of things that I picked up from watching all of the E3 footage.

-You can put almost any enemy or item in a question block.
-If you give Lakitu an item or enemy he'll throw those instead of spinies. The same goes for bullet bill cannons.
-Almost every object in the game has an alternate version that you can place by shaking it around on the gamepad.
-Each level is limited to a main level and a sub level, but you can move between the two using pipes. The main and sub level can have a different background but they must use the same game style.
-Auto scrolling stages are in with three different scrolling speeds.
-The time limit can be changed from the default of 500 seconds.
-There's an option to show after images of your last test run of a stage to easily set up platforming challenges.
-Most objects can be placed on a track that they will move along.
-Enemies can be super sized if you give them a mushroom.
-Wings can be attached to almost anything. Get ready for giant winged unchained chomps shot out of bullet bill cannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's a track for platforms and other things to move along. You can attach almost anything to it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is that limit per-area or total?

Like could I have an area with 3 bowsers then take a pipe to another area with 3 more? Or is it 3 in the level period?

It says per sub-layer, and there's 2 of those per level so you can have 6 bowsers.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Grab all of the money Nintendo.

• Locked thread