Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mario walks into his cave and finds out his mushroom hoard has been stolen. this is the result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hakkesshu posted:

Being able to go behind the goal in SMW levels is kinda freaking me out

I see you never found all the exits in SMW :)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOA was doing a promotion with Facebook where they got Facebook employees to run an internal level design contest or something; here's the winning level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TPmZQPMmPQ

Here's another Facebook level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu1uGJoDkeY

Yoshi eats a red koopa and doesn't fire 3 fireballs in the world setting. loving fraud

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've actually wanted a mole outfit for awhile, figured it would work similar to animal kirby in squeak squad that let him go underground or dig through terrain or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think waiting 9 days is really loving stupid, and a better solution was to just put a hour or two lock on things. It's still throttling it but I don't have to wait 4 whole days before I get any of the fun power ups or more enemies other then goombas

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bootster, Shy guy Lion and Boss of Mini Fortress are very powerful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You get to the end of the mid world map fortresses and when you leave the fortress turns into a mech and tries to kill you

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Honestly is it just me or is the text ultra blurry white on white? I can barely read the subtitles.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rewatching the 7 minute video I noticed the stiletto that Mario can get in works like the kuribo's shoe, but can ground pound in older alt styles. Early on you can see it suddenly drop down with dust clouds shooting out like a thwomp.

Also I hope there's borderless ground in Super Mario World so I can at least make hills. When you look at the ground there's the green border and that signifies it's a hard wall, I wanna make stuff similar to the 3rd level where you climb and stuff.

Also also, in one of the trailers you can see Mario do the World spin jump in the U setting- and he's bouncing off piranha plants. Wonder what's up with that?

After some time your Mario Maker levels will be expunged from the internet.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 14, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just realized that the level themes unlock each day alongside of the other things. That part I can't really excuse because I don't want to hear nothing but 1-1 for the first couple days :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I made SMW romhacks when I was in high school so I don't think I care about limitations tbh. Also hey check this out.

Picture

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Silver Mario and Gold Mario give you new skins too. Also Inklings.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm hearing the physics for all the games are actually just Mario 1's with minor tweaks to them? That dampens a ton of my excitement if true :(.

There's a few .gifs floating around showing Mario World you can't really go back in midair anymore and whatnot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tingle's fake, amigos.

Tingle is real

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kill all embargos

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 18, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shulk only speaks in his boring generic Japanese voice gently caress this

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just saw Digby. My friend will finally have his day

edit: i am the great king of evil gabobdoof

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 19, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Andre would literally commit suicide if he couldn't spoil every aspect of a game before launch.

Edit: Mercy Kill

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 19, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

May as well link the video

Shows off a ton of other costumes like the icarus guys and palutena as well as ike and the pokemon

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

jivjov posted:

I'm surprised that nobody has shown off Ganondorf, Dr. Mario or ESPECIALLY Zero Suit Samus yet. Guess none of the review copy holders are also amiibo importers.

Ganondorf is a few posts up. Also we did see Doc kind of but it's a small blurry mess. He looks like one of the fire emblems in a coat

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

nftyw posted:

Frog Suit Mario would lead to some hilarious shenanigans, they'd use it as a trap powerup where if you grab it, you flounder with your decreased mobility and die.

Just put on the Slippy outfit, good enough

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

OldSenileGuy posted:

So does the freaky skinny mushroom just appear randomly? I saw a video where a guy got a skinny mushroom and then died, and when he restarted the stage that same block was a regular mushroom.

Yeah, it's a % based thing. Mushrooms will randomly get replaced by it.

Also if you put Bowser Jr in the Koopa Clown Car he acts like Bowser from SMW and ducks in before tossing green shells on either side of him. It's kinda ruined by the fact he still chases you like everything else but thought that was kinda interesting.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spacebump posted:

I really want to buy this digital but also want the 30th anniversary Mario amiibo. Has Nintendo announced if that will be sold seperatly in North America?

It will be. It's first come first serve though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My big plan was to have a level where you start off as Shulk and have some goombas walk at you. As the player jumps to bop the goomba this soundbite plays. and the goombas are set to scream.

rip my dumb joke level.

Edit: Heyy

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 19, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This guy is streaming but uh..........................

Edit:

HOW DOES HE JUMP

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 19, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A majhong piece

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Toad is upset

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zorglorfian posted:

So pumped for this. Does anyone know if Boss battles can be done so far as those similar to mario 3 and mario world?

Kind of, Bowser has different properties depending on the graphic style

SMB1: Bowser just jumps and shoots fire- his fire can come from off screen through the level iirc
SMB3: Does the buttstomp as well as shoots fire
World: Shoots fire but he can aim at the sky and make fireballs like his world boss battle rain down and stay on the field
NSMBU: Can shoot waves of fireballs that destroy terrain and can jump around.

Bowser Jr alternatively
First 3 I'm not sure on but in NSMBU he can do ground pounds that stun you if your standing on the floor and shoot tiny fireballs that pass through terrain.
If you put him in the clown copter in any style he acts like Bowser from World and will duck into it and throw two green shells on either side of him instead of mecha koopas.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All reviewer levels are getting deleted when the game launches anyway

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spacebump posted:

In one of the videos I saw Sonic rolling forward. I assume you can't roll into enemies but they didn't try in the video.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynk9VSYKztI
In this video he has to pass by a mushroom that he isn't allowed to show on youtube due to the reviewers embargo. I really want to know what that mushroom does to the DK costume Mario. I'm assuming it's another one of the Kong family because near the end of the video he says he doesn't want people to use Mario/wants it to feel as much like a DK level as possible.

Diddy and DKjr are embargoed so safe bet it was just one of them

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

The Mario All Stars versions look worse, especially Mario Bros 3 :colbert:

:yeah:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's true

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I won't because Bethesda games are buggy and broken 90% of the time and I don't care enough about fallout to deal with it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is a good video if you're worried about boss fights

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Check out this neat amiibo video

Has some new costumes in it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Posting this here too, this has me genuinely excited to see more stuff interact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

• Locked thread