Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Two more Treehouse demos - click (2hrs24mins), click again (6hrs20mins).

Some more details on the amiibo/mystery mushroom skins: the menu has slots for 90 skins, and you don't need the amiibo to play courses that use those skins.

:psyduck: are there even close to 90 different Amiibo out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did they say if there's any mechanic in place to make sure the player can't get stuck and have to run out the clock or suicide? I'm imagining something where you need a trampoline to get over a wall, but it's entirely possible for you to have lost the trampoline down a chasm and can't get another one.

Usually professionally designed games get around this situation by making sure it doesn't come up. IE: if you need a trampoline, then there's gonna be a pipe or something nearby that infinitely spits out trampolines. But that might not be the case with SMM.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

jivjov posted:

The only stipulation on being able to upload is "level is able to be beaten"...but I assume there will be some kind of Report system for things like "This level spells out DICKSUCKER in blocks" or "has inescapable death trap"

I wasn't really thinking about that, but this is the exact kind of level I was thinking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcEcffvVnU

It's not an inescapable death trap, but if you gently caress up and do the wrong thing, you pretty much have to suicide, or use the "start over" menu option that I didn't even know existed until now.

EDIT: Starting at about 2:13 in that video

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Color Printer posted:

They're SMB1 only. SMB3 gets the Racoon Suit,

Wait, SMB3 only gets the Raccoon Suit? No frog suit and, more importantly, no tanooki suit?

:mad: preorder cancelled :mad:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So does the freaky skinny mushroom just appear randomly? I saw a video where a guy got a skinny mushroom and then died, and when he restarted the stage that same block was a regular mushroom.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

jivjov posted:

Yes, both colors of 8-bit Mario amiibo will be sold separately.

I just want to know if they're selling the bundle in the US. Should I assume since there's no listing of it by now the answer is no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

J-Spot posted:

Man, I am going to get so much mileage out of the 100 Mario mode. I love the idea of getting a steady stream of random levels without getting kicked back to the menu to search for more.

I'm hoping they're good about slipping in lesser played levels. Other level editor games make it a bitch to get people to sample your level after it falls off the 'what's new' page.

I'm just confused as to why 100 Mario mode is the only way to play the game in a long-form manner. It seems the only ways to play are the aforementioned 100 Mario mode (ie steady stream of random levels) or browsing/searching and picking a specific level to play.

I've seen in videos that the game allows you to create full "mario games" (ie a progression of World 1 featuring 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 followed by 2-1, 2-2, etc), so why not let you upload these full games in entirety? Maybe in the DLC.

Also it's entirely possible that you CAN already do this and I just haven't heard about it.

• Locked thread