Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Super Mario Maker does look phenomenally well done considering how much potential there is with the mechanics they've shown so far (not to mention there's likely even more we don't know about yet!). It's been really neat to see all the links to videos people have posted, so thanks for sharing them in the thread!

Is anyone already thinking of ideas for stages they'll create? It will be exciting to see what everyone comes up with in September!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Flint_Paper posted:

I guess I'm just hoping that in amongst all the lolcock levels and the rear end in a top hat Mario levels, there will be some that are just solid examples platform gaming done good.

Zonekeeper posted:

Kaizo gauntlets should be rare in the first place due to the "you must beat your own level to be able to upload it" thing. Doesn't stop an exceptionally skilled player from uploading one, but at that point he's earned the right to do so.

In addition to the organization PaletteSwappedNinja mentioned, Zonekeeper did a good job pointing out above what's most likely to keep an excessive amount of "I assume you have infinite savestates" style levels from being shared. Plus you can follow individual designers, so if you find someone who makes stages in a style you like you can always keep tabs on them.

• Locked thread