Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This E3 really turned me around on this game. Not only does it look like it's capable of some really neat stuff, it looks so intuitive that even I want to give whipping up some levels a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

VideoGames posted:

i truly think this is a benefit. like lessons almost. get good with the basics then start on the advanced.

Yeah, plus if you're impatient it's just a matter of dicking around for five minutes, changing the system clock, repeat.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They should have an "unlock everything now" button, but I can get where they're coming from. There's a ton of options here, especially with how you can break conventional Mario rules by doing things like like putting coins in bullet bill launchers, sizing up enemies and bosses, etc.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

9 days is like 5 years to gamers. They didn't think about the gamers and that is terrible.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I cancelled my pre-order, no joke. I play games on my own time and don't want to wait for the full experience to be unlocked. People may see it as an overreaction but I have such little time to play games now with work and school I don't need anymore restrictions.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's a shot of the Sonic skin - it looks like they just scaled down his Sonic 1 sprite, I guess? https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAACXVHhnCigWlQ

kind of odd since sonic did have 8-bit games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SMB1/Lost Levels All Stars looks ugly, SMB3 All Stars looks good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GI_Clutch posted:

The biggest thing I got from watching some youtube videos and streams is that people don't seem to know poo poo about the Mario games. One youtuber never used the run button. Then you have streams from gaming web sites where no one seems to know the basic rules of the game such as standing next to a pipe or bullet bill blaster stops anything from coming out of it. They kept dying for stupid reasons and complaining that levels were poorly designed. No, you just suck at Mario.

It's really bizarre how many people there are that play videogames for the internet but are completely incompetent at Mario games, especially since they're mechanically pretty simple compared to any given flavor of the month game they have to pump out videos for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Counterpoint: Mega Man 2's Metal Blades being most folks' first pickup when they play through that particular game, for the very purpose of being able to fire in any direction, especially up.

They do that because Metal Blades are so overpowered that they make much of the game trivial. It's fun despite being flawed design, but I find 9 a lot more fun since each of the weapons in that game has its own useful niche.

e: But more to the point, Mega Man's default abilities are limited for the purpose of encouraging players to use special weapons like the Metal Blade. The weapons you pick up are there to cover limitations in your default abilities and allow approaches that the buster is merely average at or incapable of. If Mega Man had 8-way fire by default, the Metal Blade would just be a boring damage upgrade.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 25, 2015

• Locked thread