Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Does anyone know if the NSMB physics include the midair spin move from the console games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Macaluso posted:

:wtf: at the ear shattering noise at the end of the second video

Bowser's just really bad with heights okay.

But man, I really liked the Facebook winner. It's cool to see levels that are thought out, are decently long, and are not too crazy hard. I think this game's gonna be really good guys.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yoshi eats a red koopa and doesn't fire 3 fireballs in the world setting. loving fraud

Except for this bullshit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In case you were wondering about whether or not Mario Maker respects your powers over time and space, I found an answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CszEpvTb5BM&t=239s

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just saw this and I think it's a neat idea for a level. I like how adding wings to enemies changes their behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5fcDHnhOU

edit: goddamnit, beaten

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is also incredible. Knowing that I have to wait to own this game then wait longer to unlock all the objects is starting to hurt.

You can mess with the clock to unlock stuff faster. It's like five minutes per day, so a little over 45 minutes to unlock everything.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Suspicious Cook posted:

Really? Nintendo always makes you suffer if you mess with the system clock. I can't believe they'd overlook that.

I mentioned it earlier here if you want video proof.

Sam Faust posted:

In case you were wondering about whether or not Mario Maker respects your powers over time and space, I found an answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CszEpvTb5BM&t=239s

Also notice that some of the youtuber/reviewer videos have everything unlocked even though they had the game for only a few days.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm pretty sure you just tap the clock icon. It should also be the same menu you turn on auto-scroll.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

They have review copies

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Zorglorfian posted:

I've never changed the clock before to unlock stuff early. How does it work again? Can I just set the date to next month and everything will be unlocked? And then change it back to this month and it'll be fine?

You have to change the date each time to unlock the next set of stuff. So, it would be like - play for 5 minutes, change to clock to at least a day ahead, play for five more minutes, change clock again, repeat until everything is unlocked.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I've been watching a lot of videos and streams for Mario Maker recently, and I'm getting really annoyed that nobody bothers to try and show off all the weird combinations you can do with different items and enemies. I remember one video where the guy was going through a level and there was a Kuribo's shoe with wings. Mario looks at the shoe and then turns right the gently caress around and continues on his merry way. What does the winged shoe do? Why would you not just take the extra second to jump in the drat thing and show it off? I'm more interested in how everything changes when you attach wings to it or what you can put in a lakitu than the same level everyone else shows off that isn't even going to be on the sever when the game is officially released.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yes, amiibos just make it faster

I could be wrong, but it looks like amiibos technically don't unlock the costume. Scanning an amiibo just gives you one mystery mushroom to use. In order to unlock that costume permanently without needing to rescan the amiibo, I think you need to unlock it in 100/10-man mario.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, there's been a few videos of people just scanning them in fresh and the unlock board pops up to show it.

Ah, that make sense. I didn't think about whether or not they were scanned in for the first time.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

Super Mario Maker: Finally, A Good Sonic Game

:worship:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Super Mario Maker: Mamma Mia, Luigi, We Forgot!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Before people start playing the game, one thing you should know is that when you start, you can only upload 10 levels total. If you get 50 stars (likes) that number increases to 20 uploads. I don't know how high the number of uploads you get goes, but I suspect there would be at least one more increase to 30 uploads.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSY1bY6GI3I

heres that video that shows all the amiibo costumes and poses and music for them and stuff

One thing not a lot of costume videos show is their swimming animation. Some of them are kind of neat. Like the boy and girl inklings turn into squids while underwater, and shy guy looks like he turns into a ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Melmac posted:

I might buy a Wii U just for this single game. My sister linked me to a video and holy poo poo, this looks fantastic.

I have a few questions I cannot seem to find online though!

1: it seems like you can switch through all the Mario games easily. Meaning that if I create a stage it doesn't have to be in Super Mario 1, 3, World, NSMB because I can just create it in any of them and switch between them. Is this correct? If so, what happens with something like Yoshi? Does he actually show up in Super Mario Bros. 1?

2: The Amiibo apparently unlocks 8-bit costumes for the character you are scanning. Does this game require it be scanned every single time to get the costume? I'd love to just borrow my friend's Sonic amiibo to unlock Sonic in the game, but not if it's going to screw her out of unlocking Sonic for her game as well.

Thanks. I am on the verge of clicking "buy" at Nintendo's website for a refurbished unit just for this game, but I just wanted to know about these two things. :)

1: Yoshi turns into Kuribo's shoe and the flying power ups are in their appropriate games (in SMB mode it is replaced with the costume mushroom), but pretty much everything else can be changed between modes seamlessly. Even enemies that weren't in other games have new sprites to fit in.

2: If you scan an amiibo it unlocks that costume permanently, so pass it around as much as you want. You can actually unlock all the costumes without any amiibos, and the amiibos just unlock them right away.

• Locked thread