Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Nintendo's UK site mentions that there will be 100 levels on the disk. That's the most levels of any Mario to date - the previous titleholder was apparently SMB3 with 90 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I haven't seen a little amiibo character get a super mushroom yet. I wonder if you can do that.
Amiibo costumes are a powerup in themselves. They basically act the same as the Super Mushroom with a little extra flair.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Some other new details:

You can only have 120 courses saved to your system at a time.

Apparently the art book also has codes you can enter into the ingame manual for "little videos of interesting stuff".

The Japanese box is horizontal, kinda like the Famicom SMB1 box:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

I wonder what the N.A. Box Art is going to look like.

I mean, it might just straight up be the Japanese box, but I kind of have to wonder if they want to give the classic NES-style black background/pixel art dressing a modern revival

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AfroLine posted:

a 100% garbage excuse. where are people getting overwhelmed again?
But you see, if I have to choose between the Super Mushroom or the Fire Flower right away, I'll get scared away. I need to be eased slowly into the concept of having enough items to recreate any given SMB1 level.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Why do the enemies look lower res than Mario, like they're copy pasted pre-renders
If it's anything like NSMB on the DS, then the enemies are pre-rendered sprites to keep the framerate up while Mario's a 3D model. I wouldn't be surprised if the enemies are lower-res than they'd normally be under the expectations that lots more enemies would be on screen than in a normal Mario game.

Also, all their animations are in sync with each other.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dork457 posted:

Do recorded sounds get uploaded along with the course?
No, they apparently get replaced with parrot squawks.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Has anyone seen if you can make bosses drop win condition items, like Boomer did in Mario 3? I figure that'd be the best way to make proper boss stages
There doesn't seem to be a "victory item" like the "?" ball in SMB3 and SMW - the only way to finish a level is with the end of level flagpole/goal box/goalposts/bridge axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

What do the 8 bit Mario amiibos do?
They make the Small Mario sprite much larger, apply a CRT filter and reskin all the enemies (for example, Koopa Troopas have little Mario hats and moustaches, Lakitu gets replaced by Luigi...)

• Locked thread