Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 14

Only user game is #2 LSU (cletus42o) @ #5 Arky (Tyler / GM), but it doesn't decide the West - that's already locked up for me so we're heading for the same showdown as last season.

Oh wait, we do have a user game between Auburn (Wreckus) and Bama (Crowe / GM), but I'm going to just put Crowe on AP for you Wreckus.

Everyone else has CPU games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Tennessee is ready for the post season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Tennessee is ready for the post season.
You better be!

BOWL WEEKS

edit - CCG was intense. Neither team ever had more than a TD lead, and I think for the most part it was either SCar leading or a tie game. Somehow I botched a field goal late in the game to KEEP it tied, but that was followed up by an INT-TD to give LSU the final TD that stuck to win it. GG JB, if I can only beat you playing as my team, that's OK with me!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 2, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

So you're telling me there's a chance!?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

So you're telling me there's a chance!?
NO CHANCE!

For the thread's benefit, ZSB has said Sunday will work for our game which is perfect for me too. Any goons that still have bowls to play, please do so by Sunday night. Just let me know if you need an extension, but I'd only want to give another day - we've had a while already so no excuse!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Today around 12-1230 CT?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Today around 12-1230 CT?
Just had posted in GM to check. I've got something going on at 1pm CT, so I'd be worried starting at noon wouldn't leave me enough time after to get ready.

If you can go sooner (so all of the next 30 minutes basically), or later today (any time after 3pm CT would work, though possibly 2pm if I'm done by then), I think those are my best options.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Just had posted in GM to check. I've got something going on at 1pm CT, so I'd be worried starting at noon wouldn't leave me enough time after to get ready.

If you can go sooner (so all of the next 30 minutes basically), or later today (any time after 3pm CT would work, though possibly 2pm if I'm done by then), I think those are my best options.

That sorta sucks hahaha, I just got back and if you've got to be somewhere at 1 I've got to pick up my fiance at 2. Was hoping this window would work. I slept in too late clearly. I will certainly have time late tonight.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

That sorta sucks hahaha, I just got back and if you've got to be somewhere at 1 I've got to pick up my fiance at 2. Was hoping this window would work. I slept in too late clearly. I will certainly have time late tonight.
Okay yeah let's do tonight - def won't have anything going on. I saw you hopped online and was booting up my 360 but then saw the time and realized it would be cutting it too close. Was going to send you an XBL message to say I didn't think now would work, but then you logged out so I figured you saw my message after the boot. :)

Sorry - got a friend who wants me to do a phone call with him and his partners at some company and he's been trying to schedule it with me for a while, so I went ahead and told them I could do today and this was the time he chose. Would have preferred a later time, especially now, but I'd feel bad if I tried to push it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Okay yeah let's do tonight - def won't have anything going on. I saw you hopped online and was booting up my 360 but then saw the time and realized it would be cutting it too close. Was going to send you an XBL message to say I didn't think now would work, but then you logged out so I figured you saw my message after the boot. :)

Sorry - got a friend who wants me to do a phone call with him and his partners at some company and he's been trying to schedule it with me for a while, so I went ahead and told them I could do today and this was the time he chose. Would have preferred a later time, especially now, but I'd feel bad if I tried to push it.

It's all good man, real life is still more important than internet football. If i hadn't felt the need to sleep for 12 hours we could have squeezed it in earlier.

Yeah i totally turned it on then saw your post and went TOO LATE.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, I am free for the rest of the day and night. If you could message me on GM (or PM me here, since my phone will buzz) to let me know when you're ready, that'd be best. I probably will have an Xbox turned on all day but won't necessarily be looking at it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Prb gonna be a little later tonight ill do the thing in GM when I can play.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Congrats to Tennessee, the 2016 National Champions!

Intense game. Tennessee got an early lead and looked like they were going to just run away with it. I kinda bungled the end of the first half, I was really trying to sneak a TD in (had spent all my timeouts to leave time on the clock for me), but ZSB held strong on the goal line. It was 10-7 to end the first half. Tennessee received to start the 2nd, but LSU got 1 of 3 picks on that drive and got it to 14-10. In the 4th quarter, Tennessee scored, leaving what I thought was going to be the perfect amount of time for me to end the game with the win (it was 24-21 Tenn at that point). LSU drove down the field eating up the clock, and got a TD with around 30 seconds left in the game. But Tennessee threw a bomb for a TD, leaving just 14 seconds on the clock for LSU, then down by 3. I had one timeout left and was hoping to get to FG range. Threw two quick out route passes to get near midfield, but took too long and only left 2 seconds on the clock. I used my final timeout to get on fire at that point, and went for the Hail Mary. Ended up catching it somehow with probably 4-5 defenders in the area, but it was short of the goal line and that was all she wrote.

Amazing game ZSB, especially looking at the stats there. It really came down to your strong defensive hold (or my poor decision to keep going for it as the clock wound down, but always tough to think about spiking for a FG in a fast moving game) to end the first half and then your wild TD pass to get you that final lead. Your defense was great all game long, but if I hadn't gotten those 3 picks, you surely would have blown me out. (especially since one of them was in the end zone)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 7, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I really should have had a slightly wider margin, but I felt luck to have scored what I did and held you to so many punts! It was a great game, I stole another one there at the end. It was a frantic sort of game to be sure. I tried too hard to press the ball to Malone, it cost me on a number of those INTs. Both of our starting stud HBs got injured and that impacted at least my game a fair amount. Fournette was strong, but neither of our backs did anything particularly prolific.

HARDWARE BABY :toot: In each dynasty :toot: :toot:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

HARDWARE BABY :toot: In each dynasty :toot: :toot:

Been there, done that.

But congrats nonetheless!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Unfortunately with the website still wonked out, I don't think I'll be doing post-season wrap-ups.

Advancing to the off-season now.

Uh... for some reason the Force Contract Pick is only letting me choose Georgia for you JB. Does that mean you got fired from South Carolina for some reason??

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Uh... for some reason the Force Contract Pick is only letting me choose Georgia for you JB. Does that mean you got fired from South Carolina for some reason??

Should also be an option to force to resign current contract, which is the current school it always displays the offer. At least I've never seen it force a user to move if they've met the goals. Which winning many games surely did.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Should also be an option to force to resign current contract, which is the current school it always displays the offer. At least I've never seen it force a user to move if they've met the goals. Which winning many games surely did.
Nope, I've done this before, so I know what it SHOULD give me as the option to keep JB at SC - it's just not giving me that option. Really strange. I think maybe because the UGA user player we had has been on AP for so long, he was fired, and somehow that is screwing with the options I have?

You were first up and it actually wasn't even "resign current contract" - it was almost like Tennessee offered you the job (same wording that I get with JB's, just Tennessee still so it wasn't a problem).

I get the same exact menu choosing either the Force or the Advance. I think JB said he'd login and see if he has the option to decline around noon today so we'll see.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I actually logged in and had the choice to view my options or resign with Tenn after the National Title. I chose to reup and it said JB was next on the clock. So maybe he can hop on and it'll let him choose to stay?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at Players Leaving now.

Everything seemed to work out in the end with the coach jobs. UGA got fired, and hired by Cincinnati, so I booted him - he wasn't playing anyway.

Advancing tomorrow night, unless everyone is ready sooner.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at Off-Season Recruiting now.

Will probably stay here until Sunday night unless anyone needs more time than that.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Anyone still need time? Going to plan on advancing tomorrow now due to some crap that came up for me. Anyone who's said they're ready in GM, no need to repeat here, but haven't heard from Dio or ZSB yet.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

R2A

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at Position Changes! Advancing tomorrow night (Tues).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
At Cut Players. Forgot to post here, so I'll give it another day to advance. (Thurs PM)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Easily going to have my best team yet this season. Tons of seniors though so lots of rotations, and gonna need to do some depth building in recruiting (esp on defense). QB will be nasty...

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at PRE-SEASON - recruiting board and red-shirting.

Either let me know here or on GM when you're ready, hoping to advance tomorrow and kick off the season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

R2A. THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR FOR AN SEC CROWN. Honestly finally the roster looks depth wise the way it should for me to finally get the defense up to snuff.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2A. THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR FOR AN SEC CROWN. Honestly finally the roster looks depth wise the way it should for me to finally get the defense up to snuff.

Nah, judging from scouting you and Cletus's rosters I have the best team in the SEC...and the best coach.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Nah, judging from scouting you and Cletus's rosters I have the best team in the SEC...and the best coach.

It's been a horrific coverage nightmare for me through the first 4/5 seasons. I'm finally fielding a full D line, and real LBs. You've been the best coach here so far, but I've had recruiting and talent to shore up. VOLS BABY :getin:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Yeah I lost a LOT of talent, can't believe I didn't get the back-to-back. ZSB!
:argh:

Waiting to hear from Dio and Wreckus on being readied up here, let me know if you need an extra day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Yeah I lost a LOT of talent, can't believe I didn't get the back-to-back. ZSB!
:argh:

Never count me out :c00lbutt:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Kinda didn't realize this was on week 1. My bad, I'll aim to get my game in tonight hopefully?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're advanced to week 2, I'll post a proper update, but I saw Wreckus was just on 5 minutes ago and I am matched up with him this week so just posting here quickly to see if I can catch him and maybe get the game in tonight.

edit - Everyone but Wreckus and I have CPU games FYI.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 1, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Here's the current week 2 -

Wreckus, I'll try to look for you when I have time to start a full game - I saw you another time but I couldn't commit at that point of the night so I didn't message you.

ZSB, we're pretty much waiting on you. Unless Wreckus responds with a possible schedule, I'll be playing him AP'd after your game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well I lost 2 starters and then lost in OT so I quit. You can sim it or I can try again tomorrow/saturday morning.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Well I lost 2 starters and then lost in OT so I quit. You can sim it or I can try again tomorrow/saturday morning.
We will wait on you. We're down to so few now, I don't want anyone to take a CPU loss that has no other option, and 2 days isn't enough to sweat.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Been R2A since saturday I think.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah I wanted to advance yesterday but it's been hectic around here with my wife basically having to travel every week of October. I advanced us this morning.

WEEK 2

Looks like all CPU games now that Arky is dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
So we're actually just waiting on me now, but Mizzou is glitched so I can't play them. Did anyone ever find a solution other than having someone join as them and change their playbook?

• Locked thread