Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
NCAA SEC NERDCITY SEASON 4

Season 1:
SEC Champs: UGA (over Arky)
NCG Champs: UGA (over CPU Iowa)

Season 2:
SEC Champs: SCar (over CPU Arky)
NCG Champs: SCar (over UGA)

Season 3:
SEC Champs: LSU (over SCar)
NCG Champs: LSU (over CPU Wisconsin)

:siren:
The dynasty is a mix of goons and GroupMe-only players still. https://groupme.com/join_group/9207880/xJ59te Every goon except Wreckus is on it. :(

SEC Eastside

#2 South Carolina - John Brown (GT: True Cryme)

#3 Tennessee - The Notorious ZSB (GT: JDMTyte)

#15 Florida - Diodeous (GT: BenedictWong) former commish and still king, but think will be on AP now except maybe for user games?

#21 Vanderbilt - Adam / GroupMe (GT: PFunk81)

-- Georgia - Nick / GroupMe (GT: Venom173) on AP indefinitely

SEC Westside

#1 LSU - cletus42o (GT: cletus42o)

#5 Arkansas - Tyler / GroupMe (GT: WeenisWrinkle04)

#13 Alabama - Crowe / GroupMe (GT: JCrowe19) hopefully not on AP this season, he did set up his recruiting board

#17 Auburn - Texas A. Wreckus (GT: QuikDrawQuincy) plz join groupme

above rankings are pre-season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 1

JB (South Carolina) is possibly bugged on his week 1 recruiting points. Don't go after anyone who has him as their #1 choice right now until we get it sorted out.

All CPU games except Wreckus (BYE).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Thanks, it was a great game - I just had all the luck going my way for once and played calm against you for probably the first time. That 3rd down conversion was funky, though, I wish I had saved it - it was a quick lob over the middle to the TE, but then he like somehow flipped backwards enough (like maybe even 4-5 yards) after catching it to cross the line, right?

Even though the season was all jacked because of the EA server issues, I did have actual user games with ZSB, Dio, and Wreckus, so it definitely wasn't a cakewalk getting to that game with you. Making it 14-0 in a dynasty with just the 4 of y'all is my biggest NCAA accomplishment I'd say! (considering my only other goon BCSNCG win was in a season where I'd lost to you in the regular season in your dynasty, so I was 13-1 there)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 2

All CPU games.

I'm out of town starting tomorrow morning til Sunday night, so we'll advance sometime early next week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

e: I'll be out of town Thursday - Sunday morning. So I'm gonna play my game today but a week 2-3 update I'd like to ask for a wait on until I can get back.
We're just waiting on you now. No huge rush but if you could get it in by tomorrow that'd be awesome. If you need longer just lemme know.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 3

User Games?
#4 Arky (Tyler / GroupMe) vs #10 Florida (Dio)
#1 SCar (JB) vs Georgia (Nick / GroupMe) - doubt Nick will come off AP for it, but JB, if you want to wait and see, feel free

Dio, just let Tyler know in GroupMe if you want to play.

Everyone else has CPU games!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Just waiting on Wreckus and ZSB to advance.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 4

User Games
#8 Auburn (Wreckus) @ #2 LSU (cletus42o)
#15 Florida (Dio) @ #4 Tenn (ZSB)

CPU games for everyone else!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, let me know when you can play.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I leave that in commish hands, it is a holiday weekend coming up so it's not like I'm full of time either. At this point I'd prefer we get to wait till next monday maybe?
So Crowe (Bama) is hopefully going to get his game in tomorrow. The only other game after that (besides you two) is me and Wreckus, and I haven't heard from him yet.

Dio is already on AP from the previous week, so we could wait for Bama to play and then just play our games as CPU games (me and you, ZSB). When Bama plays, I think we should keep things moving, but I'm definitely not opposed to waiting on you guys. That would be dependent on y'all being able to schedule a time early next week though. If you can definitely work out a time for Mon/Tues, I'm fine with waiting since it's goon vs goon.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
This is still your dynasty Dio! DrunkDynasty is moving incredibly fast (mainly because it's all over the place with a lot of CPU games, after a rocky start), but I'm not going to advance on you when you've got a game with someone I know you'd like to play against here. (or in DrunkDynasty either)

The only way I would have advanced / told ZSB to play CPU would have been if you knew you wouldn't be available Mon/Tues, since that would just be too long between advances.

I do want to keep us moving along, since my move date is coming up quick, but I'm hoping I won't be out of commission for long. For those that hadn't heard (think I talked about it in GroupMe), my wife and I are moving from NYC to Baton Rouge (my hometown) in about 2 weeks now. It's a temporary thing, 2-3 years, from a fellowship she made it to the "finals" in (while graduating NYU Stern with an MBA, while also working full-time - she da bomb). So around July 16th-18th, I'll be unavailable, but I'm hoping that it won't be longer than that. But you know how that poo poo goes, something inevitably is going to happen. And the days leading up to it will definitely be hectic, but e-football is my stress reliever.

But we'll always wait for goon on goon action here within reason.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Let me know whatcha wanna do ZSB.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 5

CPU games all around except for ZSB!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah, sorry for the non-update, I'm in Baton Rouge now. I'm still not settled and probably won't be for a few more days. I know Dio and I have a game and we're going to try for tomorrow or Tuesday.

I'll post a proper update when I can!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 7 (again like the other dynasty, a week got skipped here on the forums, but all active goons played)

User Games
#3 SCar (JB) vs #2 Arky (Tyler/GM)
#4 Tenn (ZSB) at #14 Auburn (Wreckus - still on AP)
#18 Florida (Dio) at #6 Vandy (Adam/GM)

#1 LSU (cletus42o) vs #16 Michigan

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We have advanced, will post an update with match-ups and image tomorrow but in a rush now. I can say that this is the week we get #3 Tenn (ZSB) @ #1 SCar (JB) though!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Gonna get pasted...
Well, with THAT attitude..

WEEK 8

Goon Games
:siren: THE GAME OF THE DECADE :siren:
#3 Tennessee (ZSB) @ #1 South Carolina (JB)

Goon CPU Games
#17 Auburn (Wreckus) vs Stanford
Florida (Dio) vs #23 Mizzou

I'm on bye. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 9

User Games
#5 Tennessee (ZSB) vs #23 Alabama (Crowe/GroupMe)
Florida (Dio) @ #21 UGA (Nick/GroupMe - still indefinitely on AP AFAIK)

Everyone else either has a CPU game or a bye.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Is JCrowe still on AP or should I aim to schedule something with him?

Also impressed I only fell 2 spots after a 21 point beat down.
You should try but if you either get to a point where you'll be unable to play for a while or everyone else has played, go for it. But definitely check with him first, as long as you tag him with an @ he should respond and I can ask him if he just wants you to go ahead in a private message if he doesn't get back to you soon enough.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 10

User Games
#13 Auburn (Wreckus) vs #4 Arky (Tyler/GM)
#1 SCar (JB) @ #10 Vandy (Adam/GM)
#3 LSU (cletus42o) vs Bama (Crowe/GM)

Everyone else has CPU games.

#3 LSU over Bama this morning, so that's outta the way. Not AP'd either, we played.

Wreckus, since you're not on GM, we gotta figure out how to connect you to Tyler. Can you join GroupMe? Or do you want to give me dates/times, or add him on XBL and send him a message? (he never shows as online for me, I think he has a privacy setting - but he doesn't know which one, cause he doesn't want it to be like that)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 11

Sounds like Dio wants to go on AP, so I'll put him on AP for now.. but y'all should try to play, we can wait a bit if it will help you Dio. You almost knocked me out this season.

Wreckus, Georgia is on AP indefinitely, so play yours whenever.

Think that's it for user games?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, pretty much just waiting on you now!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll play this today so we can move along, sorry dudes.
No worries, this will end up being a quick advance if you get it in today. If you need more time, take it. Just thought I'd let you know!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 12

User Game
#4 Tenn (ZSB) @ #13 Vandy (Adam/GM)

Tyler, Crowe, and I all have CPU games, everyone else on BYE.

ZSB, Vandy seems to be pretty easy to schedule with on GM, so you shouldn't have any problems!

edit - ooooh #2 Oklahoma lost to unranked WVU 20-19 this week it looks like. Just got a report during my game.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 17, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Well I should have the talent to handle Vandy, but with basically the worst pass D in the NCAA anything is possible. I'll hit him up and try to get it sorted out. My schedule is about to get way more restricted thanks to officiating season being upon me.
He was looking for you in GroupMe. I think you'll do fine. :)

Awesome that he is rolling with Vandy and he joined late (think he even has the XP bug, but I forget).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 13

JB's already played his game, so Wreckus, want to make sure you are aware of the advance in case you can get your game in. Forgot to make the post here, so will plan to advance in the next 48 hours so hopefully you'll have time to notice we advanced.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Wreckus, looking to advance tomorrow, so if you want to get your CPU game in, do so!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 14

Only user game is #2 LSU (cletus42o) @ #5 Arky (Tyler / GM), but it doesn't decide the West - that's already locked up for me so we're heading for the same showdown as last season.

Oh wait, we do have a user game between Auburn (Wreckus) and Bama (Crowe / GM), but I'm going to just put Crowe on AP for you Wreckus.

Everyone else has CPU games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Tennessee is ready for the post season.
You better be!

BOWL WEEKS

edit - CCG was intense. Neither team ever had more than a TD lead, and I think for the most part it was either SCar leading or a tie game. Somehow I botched a field goal late in the game to KEEP it tied, but that was followed up by an INT-TD to give LSU the final TD that stuck to win it. GG JB, if I can only beat you playing as my team, that's OK with me!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 2, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

So you're telling me there's a chance!?
NO CHANCE!

For the thread's benefit, ZSB has said Sunday will work for our game which is perfect for me too. Any goons that still have bowls to play, please do so by Sunday night. Just let me know if you need an extension, but I'd only want to give another day - we've had a while already so no excuse!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Today around 12-1230 CT?
Just had posted in GM to check. I've got something going on at 1pm CT, so I'd be worried starting at noon wouldn't leave me enough time after to get ready.

If you can go sooner (so all of the next 30 minutes basically), or later today (any time after 3pm CT would work, though possibly 2pm if I'm done by then), I think those are my best options.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

That sorta sucks hahaha, I just got back and if you've got to be somewhere at 1 I've got to pick up my fiance at 2. Was hoping this window would work. I slept in too late clearly. I will certainly have time late tonight.
Okay yeah let's do tonight - def won't have anything going on. I saw you hopped online and was booting up my 360 but then saw the time and realized it would be cutting it too close. Was going to send you an XBL message to say I didn't think now would work, but then you logged out so I figured you saw my message after the boot. :)

Sorry - got a friend who wants me to do a phone call with him and his partners at some company and he's been trying to schedule it with me for a while, so I went ahead and told them I could do today and this was the time he chose. Would have preferred a later time, especially now, but I'd feel bad if I tried to push it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, I am free for the rest of the day and night. If you could message me on GM (or PM me here, since my phone will buzz) to let me know when you're ready, that'd be best. I probably will have an Xbox turned on all day but won't necessarily be looking at it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Congrats to Tennessee, the 2016 National Champions!

Intense game. Tennessee got an early lead and looked like they were going to just run away with it. I kinda bungled the end of the first half, I was really trying to sneak a TD in (had spent all my timeouts to leave time on the clock for me), but ZSB held strong on the goal line. It was 10-7 to end the first half. Tennessee received to start the 2nd, but LSU got 1 of 3 picks on that drive and got it to 14-10. In the 4th quarter, Tennessee scored, leaving what I thought was going to be the perfect amount of time for me to end the game with the win (it was 24-21 Tenn at that point). LSU drove down the field eating up the clock, and got a TD with around 30 seconds left in the game. But Tennessee threw a bomb for a TD, leaving just 14 seconds on the clock for LSU, then down by 3. I had one timeout left and was hoping to get to FG range. Threw two quick out route passes to get near midfield, but took too long and only left 2 seconds on the clock. I used my final timeout to get on fire at that point, and went for the Hail Mary. Ended up catching it somehow with probably 4-5 defenders in the area, but it was short of the goal line and that was all she wrote.

Amazing game ZSB, especially looking at the stats there. It really came down to your strong defensive hold (or my poor decision to keep going for it as the clock wound down, but always tough to think about spiking for a FG in a fast moving game) to end the first half and then your wild TD pass to get you that final lead. Your defense was great all game long, but if I hadn't gotten those 3 picks, you surely would have blown me out. (especially since one of them was in the end zone)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 7, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Unfortunately with the website still wonked out, I don't think I'll be doing post-season wrap-ups.

Advancing to the off-season now.

Uh... for some reason the Force Contract Pick is only letting me choose Georgia for you JB. Does that mean you got fired from South Carolina for some reason??

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Should also be an option to force to resign current contract, which is the current school it always displays the offer. At least I've never seen it force a user to move if they've met the goals. Which winning many games surely did.
Nope, I've done this before, so I know what it SHOULD give me as the option to keep JB at SC - it's just not giving me that option. Really strange. I think maybe because the UGA user player we had has been on AP for so long, he was fired, and somehow that is screwing with the options I have?

You were first up and it actually wasn't even "resign current contract" - it was almost like Tennessee offered you the job (same wording that I get with JB's, just Tennessee still so it wasn't a problem).

I get the same exact menu choosing either the Force or the Advance. I think JB said he'd login and see if he has the option to decline around noon today so we'll see.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at Players Leaving now.

Everything seemed to work out in the end with the coach jobs. UGA got fired, and hired by Cincinnati, so I booted him - he wasn't playing anyway.

Advancing tomorrow night, unless everyone is ready sooner.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at Off-Season Recruiting now.

Will probably stay here until Sunday night unless anyone needs more time than that.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Anyone still need time? Going to plan on advancing tomorrow now due to some crap that came up for me. Anyone who's said they're ready in GM, no need to repeat here, but haven't heard from Dio or ZSB yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We're at Position Changes! Advancing tomorrow night (Tues).

• Locked thread