Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

SedanChair posted:

More than that (and I agree that there is no special proclivity of priests or celibate men towards abuse or pedophilia), it makes them a haven for serial abusers and shuttles them around to discover fresh boys.

Strangely I agree with this, I don't think priest == kiddy fiddler. Statistically it feels more like when they exist, due to the nature of their office, they have far more opportunities to offend and get away with it longer due to how HQ shuffles them around, so the cases kind of... aggregate. There was a relatively famous case in Canada about a minor league hockey coach who serially abused tonnes of kids, and eventually got caught, yet there's no narrative of minor league hockey coaches == kiddy fiddler because they're hopefully dealt with more strictly and more promptly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread