Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I rely on STAC goat for my feeds updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Than I guess its a good thing I took the plunge and got the feeds. Or All Access.

Guess my summer will be feeds and binge watching old Survivor seasons. I'm going to go spend some time outdoors while I still can.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Than I guess its a good thing I took the plunge and got the feeds. Or All Access.

Guess my summer will be feeds and binge watching old Survivor seasons. I'm going to go spend some time outdoors while I still can.

With the wireless streaming options available in todays age, you can do both at the same time!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Calling it now, Jason Roy is Andy 2.0.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
With California still under drought conditions, here's hoping CBS will have them watch their water usage in competitions this season.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Well if they thought it out they could truck in water from out of state once, and use the same challenge water all season because all you have to do is treat it.

It would be pretty embarrassing if they haven't thought of conserving water at all, that's for sure.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Am I understanding correctly that a whole summer of feeds is $18?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. I was debating skipping it this year but it was so much cheaper for more content I kind of couldn't resist. Honestly, $18 is worth it just for the couple of endurance comps and the post blindside chaos.

Its a 100 day season so maybe it will take it into 4 months? So $24, maybe. Although the turn off the feeds at the end so you can probably cancel before Month 4.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yes, CBS All Access is actually fairly cheap, around $6 a month. Just make sure to cancel your subscription when you're done with it.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Yes. It's fairly cheap now since it's part of CBS' All Access internet package.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

vvvvVVVvvv Yeah, RHAP sniffed that one out during their cast reveal... They found out Liz had a twin and Julia's Twitter account is strangely on lockdown as well vvvVVVvvv

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 25, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm guessing BOB will be a 1 week thing, hopefully?

Also going into this season it was found out Liz had a twin named Julia, so it looks like she'll be pulling the swap out duty.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

JakeP posted:

I rely on STAC goat for my feeds updates

Me too! Gotta love that goat :)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Battle of the Block better be a one week takeover twist. Having it up to jury plus any additional rehashes is going to be heavy. It actually makes me laugh how people were complaining about this season of Big Brother Canada having twists almost every week. Now we have this mess. It'll be hard to play a strong game that isn't just social and that's not exactly fun to watch. Derrick, basically.

I have no doubt that the twins twist is going to flop by next week. The model curse.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm really, really being optimistic and holding out hope that BotB is gone with the first BB Takeover. It seems like it makes way more sense than having BotB AND a twist every week. That just seems absurd.

Teek posted:

Also going into this season it was found out Liz had a twin named Julia, so it looks like she'll be pulling the swap out duty.

Well, it COULD possibly be a red herring.

If I remember right back in BB3 both Drew and Diane had identical twins and bonded over that even as Adria and Natalie did the Project DNA thing. Isn't that why Cowboy was so convinced Holly had a twin (or is it just because he was Cowboy)?

And I believe Shelli said she had a twin brother. So its possible they'll do the same thing and have three people with twins just for a weird mind twist/callback. It sort of seems like BB Takeover might be all about callbacks to past twists and houseguests so it kind of fits.

I'm getting excited to lose my life in the feeds and earn my av. Don't gently caress this up, BotB.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I'm really, really being optimistic and holding out hope that BotB is gone with the first BB Takeover. It seems like it makes way more sense than having BotB AND a twist every week. That just seems absurd.

Well, it COULD possibly be a red herring.

If I remember right back in BB3 both Drew and Diane had identical twins and bonded over that even as Adria and Natalie did the Project DNA thing. Isn't that why Cowboy was so convinced Holly had a twin (or is it just because he was Cowboy)?
Shelli having a fraternal twin means gently caress-all, there's no way that could work in BB. I think Liz/Julia will get sniffed out quickly. There's a few superfans in the likes of Austin, Da'Vonne and Steve that will be keeping a keen eye out for that. Moreso Steve because he's a quiet observant sociophobe but I also think Da'Vonne (and whoever the poker player going in tomorrow's name is) will be reading everyone since that's what they do.

I was a casual friend with identical twins in high school and for a while during the first two years of school I always called Clint "Kurt" and vise versa. By the last two years I could pick either out correctly in a crowd or in conversation. There were social cues and mannerisms that made it obvious but it took a long time to figure it out but once I saw it I couldn't ever unsee it. If the poker ladies are worth their proclaimed bragging rights they should be able to cotton on. The only question is if they are reading people constantly as they claim to be doing.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I was almost angry at the first episode because I didn't immediately hate anyone, and didn't hate anyone by the end. I'd forgotten what that was like with this show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Robnoxious posted:

Shelli having a fraternal twin means gently caress-all, there's no way that could work in BB. I think Liz/Julia will get sniffed out quickly. There's a few superfans in the likes of Austin, Da'Vonne and Steve that will be keeping a keen eye out for that. Moreso Steve because he's a quiet observant sociophobe but I also think Da'Vonne (and whoever the poker player going in tomorrow's name is) will be reading everyone since that's what they do.
I'm not suggesting that Shelli's twin will factor into the game. I'm just saying that for whatever reason BB5 cast 4 twins, not 2. I assume just to gently caress with the houseguests' minds and get the idea of twins in their heads or potentially trip Adria/Natalie up. And we know that BB17 has 3 twins cast, not 2, so I wouldn't be shocked if there's a 4th just to repeat the same meaningless mind gently caress. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th has a fraternal twin like Shelli just for some minor additional mind fuckery.

And yeah, its a tough twist to pull off but it happened once before. I've known twins as well and given time you definitely start to notice differences, but that's when you're looking. So if the Twin Twist works it will be because when the twins act slightly different or say or do slightly different things no one is looking for those to be signs of different people. But then again BB5 had a more ignorant cast and this group is bound to have more superfans and game savvy people who have been tipped off to there being a lot of twists. So its going to be a tougher challenge for the BB17 twins than the BB5 twins.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

:getin: It begins.

liquid8d will posting the latest BBViewer sometime soon, check the Twitter feed for updates:

https://twitter.com/liquid8d

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 25, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like the sad loser I'm going to become very soon I actually turned on the feeds earlier and just sat and watched the fish/listened to the music for a minute and smiled. In my defense I was just trying to figure out if I could watch the feeds on All Access. Apparently the answer is no.

A couple of small things I noticed/thought of when looking at some of the BB sites today hyping myself up.

- John, the yet to debut dentists, apparently has an identical twin. So that's the 4th twin I was waiting for and maybe an option for the twist other than Liz? I still agree its probably LIz but I do think its interesting they seemingly did the same thing they did in BB5 by casting 4 twins but just 1 pair.

- There's some Amazing Race couple that is supposed to be part of the cast, right? Could they maybe be part of a callback to BB6's secret partners? It would seem weird they'd do that with a "celebrity" couple but maybe there's some other secret pair like the poker player and poker dealer or something? Maybe there's more callbacks like that like a BB4 one where someone from tonight's group is the ex of someone from last night's?

Just random thoughts.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My wife is pregnant with our first, and she is loving lazy as poo poo right now (just kidding, but really she is lazy.) So anyway I bought her these feeds so she can chill in the bedroom with the chromecast and oh god I'm going to get addicted aren't I?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That poor fishy doesn't even know it'll be dead in a couple of weeks.

Looks like they switched to a fresh water tank to cut costs and because the hamsters kill the drat things year after year.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

IMB posted:

My wife is pregnant with our first, and she is loving lazy as poo poo right now (just kidding, but really she is lazy.) So anyway I bought her these feeds so she can chill in the bedroom with the chromecast and oh god I'm going to get addicted aren't I?

During Season 6 I was pregnant and the feeds were a godsend while on bedrest. It changes the whole perspective of the game -- especially when you can see how producers are editing things. My husband would get home from work and we would dish all night over the day's events and watch the feeds together.

It really can be quite entertaining.

I believe all the previous seasons' episodes are available to watch as well, if she needs to catch up on previous history.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Generic American posted:

~At the end of the day~, Beastmode Cowboy was a pretty cool dude. :v:

gently caress. This.

The missus and I almost made a drinking game one night watching the live feeds and that goddamned stalker, rules being you would take a drink every time he said that phrase.
Woulda been sent to the hospital with alcohol poisoning....

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
If they really cast a bunch of twins again then it confirms that the producers are kind of brain damaged. You billed it as a season of constant twists, and you have multiple super fans in the house. If they realize more than one twin is in on the cast then that twist is basically dead in the water.

Knowing the show, it will be figured out quickly, but the broadcast version will drag it out through editing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, I think it probably depends on how they present the BB Takeover thing. We're all assuming its going to be a ton of callbacks but the first one was some weird Amazing Race tie in. And they've already been visited by the TAR host and an Entertainment Tonight host. So they may not be thinking on the same "returning twists" path we are. They may just be expecting more celebrity guests doing weird things.

Plus BB5 was forever ago and even "superfans" tend to have short memories. I remember last season Donny or someone was talking about early seasons with all the "superfans" like Frankie, Nicole, and Christine and they had no idea who people like Dr. Will and Evel Dick were. When someone says "superfan" I just assume they've seen the last few seasons.

I mean, I'm betting against the Twin Twist too. I just wouldn't be surprised if it passes through. Its like "Why doesn't anyone realize Clark Kent is Superman?" Because no one's actually looking at Clark and trying to find Superman. We know the truth so it seems ridiculously obvious to us.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ToastyPotato posted:

If they really cast a bunch of twins again then it confirms that the producers are kind of brain damaged. You billed it as a season of constant twists, and you have multiple super fans in the house. If they realize more than one twin is in on the cast then that twist is basically dead in the water.

Knowing the show, it will be figured out quickly, but the broadcast version will drag it out through editing.

They are going to do it with 4 sets of twins this time to really gently caress with people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually think it would be amazing if there was more than one pair of twins and they assumed they were the only one. Just four pairs of twins constantly swapping in and out of the DR leaving the entire house confused as to what the gently caress is going on.

If you're going to over do the twists at least make it total and complete chaos.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

I actually think it would be amazing if there was more than one pair of twins and they assumed they were the only one. Just four pairs of twins constantly swapping in and out of the DR leaving the entire house confused as to what the gently caress is going on.

If you're going to over do the twists at least make it total and complete chaos.

I feel like that would fall apart just like the "we all have secret partners" twist did. Having multiple people keeping the same secret just doesn't seem to work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Of course it would fall apart. It would be complete chaos.

BB6 seemed doomed from the start. If you know you've got a secret partner and a huge prize if you make it to the end with them then you're going to assume you're not the only one. So you start watching and see if you can pair people up and as soon as one or two pairs get sloppy you've got your confirmation and can figure out the rest.

The twins would be pure chaos. People switching in and out all the time, maybe suspecting others were doing the same but having no way to observe them fully because you're always switching out. A quarter of the house constantly running on half information and just covering for what they might not know or what little character traits might tip them off. Non-twins not knowing why a quarter of the house seems schizophrenic and even if they do start suspecting the crazy twin thing they just start fingering everyone as a twin. And the showmances!

UTTER CHAOS!

Or they could just turn the feeds on so I could stop imagining stupid stuff.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not THAT much of a fan, but caved and bought them anyway. I'll try and update when I can.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If the twins try to showmance someone this will automatically be a Good Season imo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It will be an amazing moment for the person being showmanced when the twist is revealed.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

It would be awesome but I have zero faith in Grodner to do it.
Too many variables for her mind to control but I agree if you wanna pull out all of the stops just full throttle down and go straight for the trainwreck carnage that will ensue.

edit: Also what is everyone's schedule in here? I'm on live Big Brother Time so I can follow some/most late night shenanigans as long as my daytime work schedule doesn't get in the way. What we need are Eastern time zone people to pick up when these lazy pricks finally get out of bed and do their afternoon activities and someone like in Hawai'i or West of that who can pick up the really late night stuff.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 26, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
I don't see what benefit the HG have from going after any twist bait this season... it just screws up their game. Maybe they'll revolt before long. That would be nice. Haven't seen a full house mutiny before.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Spiky Ooze posted:

I don't see what benefit the HG have from going after any twist bait this season... it just screws up their game. Maybe they'll revolt before long. That would be nice. Haven't seen a full house mutiny before.
No one wants to take the bait but someone WILL have to take it and that's what is outside of their control.

The only BBUS mutiny happened in BB1 and even then they found a way to make it boring and uneventful.
CBS couldn't even hand them a briefcase full of better than second place money to shake things up.
That's the kind of stuff you can punch up on All Access since every single BB broadcast is online.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

edit: Also what is everyone's schedule in here?

I'm in and out all the time. Occasionally will be middle of the night, early am, middle of the day CST

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Feeds just flipped on!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: Feeds are goooooooo :siren:

Looks like they were tipped off, everyone in Living Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Annnd some producer forgot to tell them the feeds aren't supposed to be a video shout out service for them.

• Locked thread