Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I just don't want Steve to win. He is so weak and awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Steve ended up like Ian without the social game which is what someone said he was going to end up as, so good for him.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I don't mind Steve, at least he seemed genuinely nice, which I value in people.

Granted, there's no one I find more obnoxious than Vanessa and her constant pity parties, so...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I would only want Steve to win if he is sitting beside Vanessa. Because it is the perfect complement to Ian winning over Dan. In almost every way possible, including it being much more satisfying. I was aboard the Vanessa train until she slit Austin's throat. I'd be happy with Liz winning over Vanessa too.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I was rooting for Austin so I'm a little annoyed, but I could still get on board with a Vanessa win if she would just own her bullying cutthroat game. But she can't and I don't think ever will, so I guess I'd take any of the other three over her. Even Johnny Mac, who I think is a complete clown and wouldn't be a deserving winner at all.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

If John could convince the jury to give him the money over Vanessa, then he'd deserve it, especially since he's been voted out once, and never had the protection of a major alliance to get there.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Liz winning this season is the only possible good result now. JMac is on his way out so that isn't a possibility, Vanessa winning would be the worst possible solution because she's the worst, Steve winning I guess wouldn't be horrible because he's not a shitheel like Vanessa is but his game has been so weak and his emotional fragility is very off-putting. Liz has at least had the balls to win some HoHs, she's had the gun to her head in the first half of the game with the twin twist being known, and then the second half with them being the most obvious pair yet she's lasted. She also has actually played the game and has done what's necessary to get herself to the end and if it weren't for a few fuckups from other people she could really be locked in to win.

I think we can all agree that they're all terrible people because they're BB contestants and let's just be thankful that Survivor is starting in a week.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
My hopes go with the people who have a genuine DR personality and that leaves me with Steve and Johnny Mac. Steve actually seems to be expressing his own opinions and excitement in the DR and JM has created an entertaining character at least.

Overall, though, everyone made would-be fatal mistakes prior to this point and yet they all survived through circumstance not entirely of their own making. I'm not really enthusiastic about the jury picking the 'best player' because each of their games range from incredibly sloppy (Vanessa) to nonexistent (Liz/Johnny).

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

ToastyPotato posted:

If John could convince the jury to give him the money over Vanessa, then he'd deserve it, especially since he's been voted out once, and never had the protection of a major alliance to get there.

I feel like they played Big Brother and he played Calvinball though, so to me it's pretty much all bitter jury if John wins.

On the other hand I think it would only be a matter of time until he did some really weird scandal poo poo outside the house if he wins, so that might be funny.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Assuming John gets evicted I think this is the first Big Brother F3 where I like everybody...ever?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fat Lowtax posted:

Assuming John gets evicted I think this is the first Big Brother F3 where I like everybody...ever?

i liked bb12's final three :(

big brother 2 also had a really likeable final 3 i think but i might be in the minority of people who liked nicole

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Yeah I imagine 2 (Will/Nicole/Monica) and 3 (Lisa/Danielle/Jason) would have both qualified for me but I was like 10 when I watched those on TV, hardly remember poo poo :(

It's cool as hell that they have every old episode up on CBS All Access (and in great quality!), but it's just way too much stuff for anyone to ever watch. If they could abbreviate it somehow it would be great, but whenever I have an itch for old Big Brother stuff I'll watch like 48-40: 48 Worst Big Brother Moves Ever! on Youtube.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Vanessa is going to irritate all of us by getting to the f2 and then, knowing she will lose, making her speech "hey I'm a millionaire and this was all for fun, go ahead and vote for the other person."

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Fat Lowtax posted:

In general this season knocks it out of the park for smart and active players. There's been so much game between Clelli, Jeff, Audrey, Austwins, Vanessa. Even James had one week where he woke up and played a hard social game when he got Shelli out. James. It's been like 3 seasons worth of the show in 1, which is insanely good for an all first time cast.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

minoru suzuki posted:

i liked bb12's final three :(

big brother 2 also had a really likeable final 3 i think but i might be in the minority of people who liked nicole

Nicole was a crazy person and Monica was the stereotypical sassy black lady. ITS AAAWWWNN!

Granted my memory may be a little skewed because I haven't watched it since 2001.

But they called the F3 into the diary room all at the same time and informed them of 9/11. I still think they should have let them watch the news or something, game be damned.

Also, hasn't JMac either set or come close to the all time nominations record? Anyone who has been on the block that much this late in the game deserves a victory.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Retail Slave posted:

Also, hasn't JMac either set or come close to the all time nominations record? Anyone who has been on the block that much this late in the game deserves a victory.

Counter point: Victoria and Spencer

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Vanessa is going to irritate all of us by getting to the f2 and then, knowing she will lose, making her speech "hey I'm a millionaire and this was all for fun, go ahead and vote for the other person."

If this happens you will be held personally accountable! Some how...

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Steve and Liz have been basically inseparable in the house since Austin was evicted. It's really weird to see how some of these social dynamics shake out.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Retail Slave posted:

Anyone who has been on the block that much this late in the game deserves a victory.

To be fair all he had to do was sleep all day and avoid every conversation. I wish I was exaggerating but that is his actual game. It's not even a Dan situation where Dan had to actually use powers of persuasion sometimes. John's just a typical goat that's betting everything on bigger targets popping up.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Retail Slave posted:

But they called the F3 into the diary room all at the same time and informed them of 9/11. I still think they should have let them watch the news or something, game be damned.

Didn't they only tell them about 9/11 because they started to notice the lack of planes and people tried to throw rocks with notes into the house or is that just a legend?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

bbf2 posted:

Steve and Liz have been basically inseparable in the house since Austin was evicted. It's really weird to see how some of these social dynamics shake out.

That's a good way to make Vanessa flip and take Johnny Mac.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Eltoasto posted:

She should teach any jury member, current or future, that whoever needs the money the most shouldn't be a factor. "I'm a millionaire, 500k means nothing to me, but I deserve it for evicting all of you by association."

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Shneak posted:

She should teach any jury member, current or future, that whoever needs the money the most shouldn't be a factor. "I'm a millionaire, 500k means nothing to me, but I deserve it for evicting all of you by association."

Meh. She's had no reason to reveal her wealth, but she's still done it to try and bribe fellow contestants. If they want to hold it against her, I have zero problem with that.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spiky Ooze posted:

To be fair all he had to do was sleep all day and avoid every conversation. I wish I was exaggerating but that is his actual game. It's not even a Dan situation where Dan had to actually use powers of persuasion sometimes. John's just a typical goat that's betting everything on bigger targets popping up.

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that any strategy that wins you the game is a good one. No one strategy will always work every season. It all depends on the personalities and social dynamics of the house. But flying under the radar and always having a bigger target than yourself is a legit strategy, IMO. Why stick your neck out if you don't absolutely have to? If you can get yourself into a position to float into the final 3 or 4 and are likeable enough to win in final 2, why not?

Just my opinion. Yours my vary.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 17, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

She's a millionaire? How much has she won?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the truth posted:

about 3.5 mil

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

the truth posted:

I think it was posted in this thread earlier this year that she was the #2 ranked female poker player in the world.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Wow. Thanks.

Good to see on tonight's ep that the jury isn't bitter. Regardless of who makes it to the end, we should get a reasonably fair winner.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the truth posted:

Wow. Thanks.

Good to see on tonight's ep that the jury isn't bitter. Regardless of who makes it to the end, we should get a reasonably fair winner.

i think all four remaining have a case to win, there aren't really any goats left.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

the truth posted:

Ya, 3.5 mil.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=43135

On top of that, she was also sponsored by probably the biggest online poker site - Pokerstars.com

Plus appeared on many poker TV shows that I'm sure generated her some additional income.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has earned $5+ mil

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

the truth posted:

Wow. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure like the joy for Frankie and things that's pretty planned by production.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You know in a final two of liz and vanessa i can't necessarily say that liz played a worse game. She won hoh, she wasn't afraid to take out big targets, stuck to her public alliance, won a ton of comps, and when things blew up in her face she was still malleable enough to try and work with people to move forward instead of just pouting/giving up/wrapping herself in a blanket and going to sleep. she also didn't play as disingenuous or a personal game as vanessa and has arguable done a better job of jury management. i think steve will probably beat both though if he's in final two.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Part One of the Final HOH has started. It's the "Hold on for dear life as we bang you into a wall" one.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Liz takes Vanessa, and Steve and Vanessa both take Liz, yeah?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think so.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Looks like they're sitting on seats on ropes. Wonder if it will favor Vanessa's rear end like the last hanging thing.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Steve looks really solid so far. How much of his past endurance failures being throws might be made clear here finally.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Things are still moving from one end to the other at a really slow pace. Looks like it will be a few hours.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I guess I'm going for Steve now then. I think he and Liz would make an interesting finale night because I'm not sure who would win and their speeches would probably both be really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well Steve slipped off his seat but landed on the "apple" below. There was no immediate DQ and he got back on the disk during their next sludge dip, so I guess that was explained to them beforehand as being okay.

• Locked thread