Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't see how anyone can take Liz who is automatically getting 2 votes though. Like it's not going to be that hard for Austin and Julia to get the Jury to vote for Liz as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Vanessa is pretty dangerous to take to the end. Yeah the jury might hate her, or they might not be bitter. Who cares about 2 votes, when you might be able to get the rest? I mean, Vanessa is even screwed because Steve could probably beat her in F2 easy. Liz is the safest bet. There are no goats this year though.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't see how anyone can take Liz who is automatically getting 2 votes though. Like it's not going to be that hard for Austin and Julia to get the Jury to vote for Liz as well.
Take Liz and automatically lose 2 votes.
Send Liz out and make it 3 votes lost.

hosed either way.
I also don't think Austin has as much pull of the jury as he thinks.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Comp still going. It's a real slow one. Doesn't seem like it takes any muscle, it's just who wants it. Liz complains a lot about her privates being in pain because of where the rope is but other than that nothing is ever happening. Seems like this is a hard one to fail unless you get cocky and make a weird mistake.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If you're Vanessa, you take Liz because a) that's one less person you personally betrayed casting a vote and b) Liz is less inherently-sympathetic than "aw shucks" nerd Steve, and their comp resume is comparable.

If you're Steve, you take Liz because a) while the jury might be bitter against Vanessa, you can't be sure of that and she's unbeatable if the jury goes fully objective and b) in a Steve/Liz showdown it largely boils down to likability, where Steve believes he has the edge.

Essentially you're giving up 2 votes automatically by going against Liz, but both Vanessa and Steve theoretically have a better shot at picking up the rest against her. Hell, if you're Vanessa it would even make Austin's jury house campaigning seem like a man desperately trying to impress his girlfriend instead of genuine game analysis.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Spiky Ooze posted:

Comp still going. It's a real slow one. Doesn't seem like it takes any muscle, it's just who wants it. Liz complains a lot about her privates being in pain because of where the rope is but other than that nothing is ever happening. Seems like this is a hard one to fail unless you get cocky and make a weird mistake.

What's the record on endurance comps for BB? Was it BB6 with the 14 hour cage?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Savahontas posted:

What's the record on endurance comps for BB? Was it BB6 with the 14 hour cage?
Yeah pretty much.

Comp still on.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 17, 2015

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Robnoxious posted:

Yeah pretty much.

The comp is over... I dunno who won I was listening to a podcast and had the feeds on mute and wasn't paying attention.
I think Steve won it.

Yeah, Steve won it.
He's in HOH working out who to take if he wins.
Leaning toward taking Vanessa.

He's trying to get into the heads of the jury and how they might vote.

Dude I think you skipped backwards to yesterday's feeds after Steve won the F4 HOH.

Part 1 of the HOH comp is still going on, Steve dropped out and its Liz against Vanessa. Vanessa throwing a verbal kitchen sink at Liz about reasons Liz could/should drop.

Edit: IT loving WORKED LIZ DROPPED

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 17, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

bbf2 posted:

Dude I think you skipped backwards to yesterday's feeds after Steve won the F4 HOH.

Part 1 of the HOH comp is still going on, Steve dropped out and its Liz against Vanessa.

Yeah... I did.
BB Viewer bounced back to 12:00am of the previous day when the feeds reset on a new day.
As soon as I saw Johnny Mac go into the bathroom it dawned on me.

edit: So, Vanessa wins Part 1 ... Steve vs. Liz for Part 2 which is usually a puzzle comp with the days and the events in the house or a Before/After. I'd lean toward the former.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 17, 2015

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
How is she so good at talking people into things?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Vanessa worked some sort of verbal magic on Liz, I'm not sure which part got her to drop (or, potentially, if Liz just fell accidentally)

Factors Vanessa told her:

1) Vanessa kept talking about how she could go for 10 more hours, and Liz needs to save her energy for the next competition
2) Vanessa argued that Liz had a better chance in the second part of the comp because the comp is about speed. Liz countered that its about memorizing facts and whatnot which Van is better at but Vanessa said speed was more important and insisted that Liz had a better chance against Steve in part 2. "The only physical thing I can do is sit in the same place forever, I can't run around, I really can't, you need to do that part"
3) Liz had to pee, Vanessa kept stressing to her that "there's a toilet in there" and how wonderful all the amenities inside the house are
4) The weirdest one, something about Vanessa saying "I can't let go, I can't, I'm going to stay here forever, but it's going to kill me physically tomorrow, at my age (sidenote: 31???) if I stay on this thing for more hours I could have problems that are permanent, but I can't drop because of my nature, please help me by dropping"

Ironically, I think the thing that might have been best for both of them is if Liz won this part and Van was able to compete against Steve in part two. I don't think Liz has a shot against Steve in the type of comps they usually have for part two of the final HOH.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 17, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

violetdragon posted:

How is she so good at talking people into things?

the twins aren't exactly smart

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

bbf2 posted:

Vanessa worked some sort of verbal magic on Liz, I'm not sure which part got her to drop (or, potentially, if Liz just fell accidentally)

Factors Vanessa told her:

1) Vanessa kept talking about how she could go for 10 more hours, and Liz needs to save her energy for the next competition
2) Vanessa argued that Liz had a better chance in the second part of the comp because the comp is about speed. Liz countered that its about memorizing facts and whatnot which Van is better at but Vanessa said speed was more important and insisted that Liz had a better chance against Steve in part 2. "The only physical thing I can do is sit in the same place forever, I can't run around, I really can't, you need to do that part"
3) Liz had to pee, Vanessa kept stressing to her that "there's a toilet in there" and how wonderful all the amenities inside the house are
4) The weirdest one, something about Vanessa saying "I can't let go, I can't, I'm going to stay here forever, but it's going to kill me physically tomorrow, at my age (sidenote: 31???) if I stay on this thing for more hours I could have problems that are permanent, but I can't drop because of my nature, please help me by dropping"

Ironically, I think the thing that might have been best for both of them is if Liz won this part and Van was able to compete against Steve in part two. I don't think Liz has a shot against Steve in the type of comps they usually have for part two of the final HOH.

I'm convinced Vanessa is just THAT annoying that she wins and gets her way by merit of people wanting her to shut the gently caress up. Can we bring back shut the gently caress up helen and switch it with Vanessa?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I think Vanessa just drains people.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah I think Vanessa just drains people.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who noticed that she absorbed Audrey's game when she left? She saw something magical when Audrey went all manic and junk and managed to stay in the house for a few weeks longer than she should have, and took in the crazy she left behind. Vanessa has to "justify" every move she makes, and in that justification brings the crazy hammer down on whomever she's talking to at the time. Seriously, Vanessa's game was much better (albeit probably less effective in the long run) before all that and then she just full on lost her poo poo on an hourly basis with the house. It's genius in retrospective because no one wants to loving deal with her being on the block and being crazy the WHOLE game and she wasn't disliked enough to be an instant boot. I just hate that style of gameplay because how do you expect normalish people to fight back against certifiably crazy poo poo like that? Especially when you CANNOT get away from her at all? I'd honestly wager the verbal shitstorm Vanessa wove every day was worse than getting punched in the pieces every 10 minutes in terms of being able to relax between comps and junk.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Well that's a huge win for Vanessa. Bad move for Liz to drop. She could have used this win as a really recent example of her wanting to be there and not just depending on Austin or other people.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

bbf2 posted:

I don't really understand the assertion that Liz is a competition threat. She has won three HoHs, all trivia-based (two True/False challenges).

I was impressed with her veto win when James was throwing, and her Otev win was solid, but her HoH track record basically ensured that Liz had no chance at Part 1. Part 2 is her best shot at picking up a win and if I were Steve (who has a very shaky mental challenge resume) I would be worried. Vanessa was absolutely right to try to negotiate Liz into a loss in the first part, but if I were her I wouldn't have been too worried in the first place.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OTEV always kind of gets a huge boost for a HG's comp status since it ostensibly involves athleticism and memory, but of course the memory portion is super easy and luck factors in huge to it. Plus the HGs all kind of elevated that BotB win of Liz's since they all knew James was supposed to throw and it was literally the house against Liztin. So even though it wasn't some massive win on its face it felt like one the same way that like Donny or Frankie won those BotBs when the whole house was conspiring against them.

Becky also inflated the idea of Liz being a comp threat because Becky spent the first month of the game telling everyone in the house that SHE (Becky) was a major comp threat and then when Liz put her up saying "you're a comp threat" Becky went around telling everyone "I don't know why I'm a comp threat when Liz has won more than me."

Plus I think Liz just looked stronger because Julia looked so weak.

But in the end it was perception. Liz is a good competitor, but not Janelle or anything. Vanessa's been a much stronger competitor and Steve and Johnny Mac have probably been stronger as well. Becky and Shelli probably would have been if they had hung around longer and maybe Clay if he had tried to win anything besides that one POV.

FraudulentEconomics posted:

Hopefully I'm not the only one who noticed that she absorbed Audrey's game when she left? She saw something magical when Audrey went all manic and junk and managed to stay in the house for a few weeks longer than she should have, and took in the crazy she left behind.

Its easy to forget but waaaaaay back in Week 1 Vanessa tried to assemble her dream alliance of who she really wanted to work with - Austin, Audrey, and Shelli (and Clay because he came with the package even though Vanessa was weary of him with Austin). We've see that Austin thinks about the game strategy the same way Vanessa does and they were in a similar game position at the time. We saw that Shelli had the same kind of philosophy about the game and "integrity" and they obviously really liked each other. But she told Audrey repeatedly that she saw a lot of herself in Audrey and she was the person she wanted to work with the most.

At the time that seemed like Vanessa was just playing Audrey and/or was a little ignorant to how crazy Audrey really was. But maybe Vanessa really did just see herself in Audrey.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

At the time that seemed like Vanessa was just playing Audrey and/or was a little ignorant to how crazy Audrey really was. But maybe Vanessa really did just see herself in Audrey.

Audrey had the potential to be such an entertaining character if she had just eased up on the throttle even a little bit.

I did really, really enjoy that when she imploded in like Week 2 she more or less took her whole 8-man mega-alliance with her.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
How does a 2 part HOH comp work?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. BT posted:

How does a 2 part HOH comp work?

In the next HOH only Steve and Liz can compete. The winner goes to final 2 with Vanessa and the loser is eliminated.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

In the next HOH only Steve and Liz can compete. The winner goes to final 2 with Vanessa and the loser is eliminated.
I thought it was Steve and Liz compete and the winner goes to the 3rd part of HoH with Vanessa, whoever wins that eliminates whoever they don't want in final 2.

Pahonix
May 29, 2004

Hooked on pahonix workid for meh!

Faustian Bargain posted:

I thought it was Steve and Liz compete and the winner goes to the 3rd part of HoH with Vanessa, whoever wins that eliminates whoever they don't want in final 2.

You're right. It was a flawed question. It's not a 2-part HOH. It's a 3-part HOH, working exactly how you describe.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Faustian Bargain posted:

poo poo you are right! I'm still relatively new to BB and I'm still a little fuzzy on how thte F3 HOH works.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

poo poo you are right! I'm still relatively new to BB and I'm still a little fuzzy on how thte F3 HOH works.

I'm not familiar with it but I assume it goes...

All three compete in first HOH, winner advances to 3rd HOH
2nd HOH is between the two losers of the first HOH, winner advances to 3rd HOH
3rd HOH is between the winner of 1st HOH vs. winner of 2nd HOH.
Winner of 3rd HOH advances to F2 and decides who to take with them

Is that correct?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Yup, that's been the sequence for many seasons now.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
For what it's worth, it's Jeff highlights on the feeds. So part 2 of the final HOH might be going on right now.

Edit: Feeds now back, looks like Steve won. He and Vanessa are talking about how they should be reacting around Liz.

Teek fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 19, 2015

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
2:05 am: Steve is building a Lincoln Logs house that will "defy gravity". He's building a supporting frame on the kitchen table and then connecting it to an extended house which has all its structure out past the edge of the table. It's an engineering marvel. Possibly the 8th Wonder of the World.

2:09 am: Steve yelled at by BB for humming inspirational theme music. Perhaps the theme to his new science-based show for kids starring BB17 Steve?

2:11 am: Steve fills several more bottles and dishes with water to weigh down the structure's base. "If this tips, that's gonna be bad. A huge mess. This has the potential to end really, really poorly."

2:11:32 am: Steve adds some water to the wrong place in his structure, proves that his engineering instincts ain't all that. Water bowls and Lincoln Logs crash to the floor and all over his feet and pants.

2:11:33 am: Liz is heard off in the distance laughing. Apparently she was crying in bed but heard the crash and knew exactly what it was.

2:13 am, Liz: "You cannot give up, Stevvuh. You can never give up. You can do it again. Don't you dare give up"

2:25 am, Steve: "This mission is paused while things dry overnight. Man, that was more work than the comp."

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Awesome, go Steve-uhh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So it's Steve and Vanessa in the final comp? Kind of fitting.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It really is.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
She might actually be able to convince him to take her too, only this time the jury doesn't give it to the nerdy dude, I think.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Tonight!

An interview with Will Kirby about this jury. I thought this was actually pretty interesting!

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Savahontas posted:

Tonight!

An interview with Will Kirby about this jury. I thought this was actually pretty interesting!

Dr. Will is always comedy gold. I'm sure he's spot on too that this jury is just a big emotional minefield right now.

Vanessa has such a huge turnaround she'd have to pull in terms of soothing all the angry people. Liz has to reframe herself as relevant to the others when she spent all summer with Austin. Steve has to not be too obvious of a bitter-jury-created winner, which is theoretically the easiest job.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Spiky Ooze posted:

Vanessa has such a huge turnaround she'd have to pull in terms of soothing all the angry people.
The way this jury is leaning, Vanessa will have to own up to her game and knock off all the "integrity" and "honesty" crap.
No one is buying that anymore.
She has to pull a 180 and own up to the fact that she orchestrated just about every eviction starting with Jeff.

Since she hasn't owned up to us in her DRs all season long I think it's unlikely she'll do so tonight.
Vanessa has misted everyone up to and including herself.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Man it'd be great to have time for some of that tonight instead of the last competitions and voting plus the jury stuff being packed into an hour and a half. They really just let all the momentum get sucked out of this show toward the end.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Popero posted:

Man it'd be great to have time for some of that tonight instead of the last competitions and voting plus the jury stuff being packed into an hour and a half. They really just let all the momentum get sucked out of this show toward the end.
Yeah, they really could have wrapped up the cherry dipping comp on the last show instead of a loving worthless recap episode with maybe 5% of unseen footage. Then they could bring back the jury questions round. I dunno why that was scrubbed in the first place. Maybe because the questions were contrived and obviously written by a staff writer. Now we get 5 minutes of the jury bitching to Dr. Will and the rest of the show is padding to the umpteenth degree.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Robnoxious posted:

Yeah, they really could have wrapped up the cherry dipping comp on the last show instead of a loving worthless recap episode with maybe 5% of unseen footage. Then they could bring back the jury questions round. I dunno why that was scrubbed in the first place. Maybe because the questions were contrived and obviously written by a staff writer. Now we get 5 minutes of the jury bitching to Dr. Will and the rest of the show is padding to the umpteenth degree.

And yet Survivor, which I am positive has had and continues to have better ratings, has a huge finale night filled with jury drama, and post game interviews, making it actually interesting to watch.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

And yet Survivor, which I am positive has had and continues to have better ratings, has a huge finale night filled with jury drama, and post game interviews, making it actually interesting to watch.
Survivor's ratings have declined over the years, a long way from where they were pulling in 45 million eyeballs for The Australian Outback. I think Survivor's ratings nowadays are on par with what BB gets (maybe slightly more but not a lot). Survivor isn't a consistent Top 10 anymore. This Second Chance season may give the series a ratings boost in the short term but nothing huge.

Even Survivor's Finale Night gets bounced to Wednesday night for their 3 hour thing because it's not worth it for CBS to scrub their strong Sunday lineup for reality finales anymore. The Amazing Race, BB and Survivor all used to have Sunday finales but not anymore. TAR gets buried in the Friday death slot that it's hard to believe it still continues on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I wonder if maybe Austin's meltdown as he was leaving might get the wheels turning in Vanessa's head. It's not unfathomable that a person in Vanessa's position might realize she's got to own her villain role. It's unlikely that Vanessa does, though.

• Locked thread