Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
its fat and i dont like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

ive never spent more than 5 minutes at a time reading yospos because the style sheet gives me a headache so i dont know if its good or bad.

My goblin avatar looked god drat dope on that stylesheet.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The gold yospos stylesheet looks cooler than the green one.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

The gold yospos stylesheet looks cooler than the green one.

The gold ones like Deus Ex, and the green ones like The Matrix. Either way, it feels extremely cyberpunk which is just awesome, and appropriate to discussing computers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chome

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

blib

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

who here is mad about shenmue 3

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

not me, i'm happy about it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

yo give yu suzuki some more money please, this current amount is not going to realize his vision.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

he gets 29 dollars and not a penny more

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It's probably gonna blow tbh. Yu is still stuck on making another 2 or 3 games to finish the series so this one will end on another giant blue ball cliffhanger and lol if anyone thinks shenmue 4 is ever gonna exist

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It's probably gonna blow tbh. Yu is still stuck on making another 2 or 3 games to finish the series so this one will end on another giant blue ball cliffhanger and lol if anyone thinks shenmue 4 is ever gonna exist

LOL

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkAVmBVmVE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Isn't it supposed to be a 19 part story or something

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

thats if he uses the 'branching storyline' he wants to kick in around Shenmue 5 lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why is it particularly funny that a guy has a creative vision?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Isn't it supposed to be a 19 part story or something

11 chapters. The first game covers part 1, the second game covers parts 3 through 5. He said he would ideally accomplish this through five games, but could possibly do it in four.

I think it's good and cool that he wants to stick to his vision even after all this time and not just cut corners to end it here.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

but his vision is never gonna work out though

like its cool that he has this dream an all but hes really only got this one shot at finishing it. reminder that one of the 'chapters' fit on a 5 page comic book so its not like he has never edited it down a bit before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here is a helpful image the guy drawn by a guy who worked on Shenmue II http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/interviews/am2/am2_4.jpg

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Here is a helpful image the guy drawn by a guy who worked on Shenmue II http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/interviews/am2/am2_4.jpg

Where is chapter two :confused:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

It was a manga included with Shenmue II. The guy they interviewed said it was never intended to be in a game but who knows how true that is

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ryo rides the boat to Hong Kong and knocks Chai into the water again.

If Shenmue 3 does well enough upon release on such a limited budget, there's no reason a fourth game couldn't follow. Sega isn't here to repeat the mistake of sinking ungodly amounts of money into development and marketing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He has me excited to play Shenmue: 3 Motherfuckers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
do you really care about the exact conclusion of the story of shenmue

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

elf help book posted:

I just want to punch Lan Di.

When is Shenmue getting to the loving fireworks factory?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I bet that guy hates Metal Gear Solid 4 because it has too many cutscenes.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bedlamdan posted:

I just want to punch Lan Di.

When is Shenmue getting to the loving fireworks factory?

In the end, Ryo will defeat Lan Di in one on one combat, but ultimately spare his life, after learning that his Father murdered one of Lan Di's family members, and discovering through his travels the values of friendship, compassion, and the folly of vengeance.

I still want to buy capsule toys in a variety of detailed locations and punch dudes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i want more shenmue i dont care if its part 12 of 6000, its still chill poo poo in the 80s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I've never played any of them myself, but I will before 3 comes out. Hopefully on PC :pray:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The third motherfucker built his house of brick, so Shenmue couldn't blow it down.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

theres a fascinating debate in games about whether or not sony is making a bad choice by partially funding shenmue. why do people care so much about sony making a good or bad business decision

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Overwhelmingly discussion in Games is about who funded what and business decisions instead of about games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Overwhelmingly discussion in Games is about who funded what and business decisions instead of about games
They hate playing games, why would they want to talk about them?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Memento posted:

It's almost like humour is relative. I find amusement in the possibility that Sony will pour millions of dollars into a game that might be incredibly niche and have a very limited audience, all of whom already paid for it, thus costing Sony a lot of money. I realise it's taking joy in the misfortune of others, and also that large projects like this on KS actually benefit small projects, but it still amuses me. If this scenario plays out, it also means there is effectively zero chance for a Shenmue III, but honestly the game sounds like boring crap anyway. Who gives a poo poo what someone has in the drawers in their house, I can look inside drawers all I want in the real world.

Memento posted:

Sony is paying additional money into a game that has possibly taken in all of the money it's going to get via kickstarter. The money Sony is putting in is more than the money that has come in from kickstarter. No more money will come in from that game. Sony loses money. This amuses me, because I am amused by the misfortunes of others.

this guy really needs to read duncan's shadenmue post

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

it never about what they want to play, its about what hypothetical other people want

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hell, i want more crazy auteurs in gaming. give me some real crazy motherfuckers who bite off way more than they chew

• Locked thread