Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Metroid is back! In Soccer form!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just get bloodstained when it comes out. Its not spaced themed, but so what

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Hunters had local/infared versus on ds where only 1 person needed to own the cart... ftw

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
On the bus playing an FPS with my boys, on a motherflipping Gameboy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ausmund posted:

That's an IGAvania, completely different stuff.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFZa5AOV6w

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ausmund posted:

:flipoff:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

what company do you guys think nintendo should have make more metroids.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Platinum

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

metroids sound kind of like a disease or disorder.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

what company do you guys think nintendo should have make more metroids.

Sora

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

platinum should make every japanese game

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
At least the indy games made in response to the disappointment will be fun.

Metroid always sucked as a combat shooter and as multiplayer and nobody ever played the series for it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whats a combat shooter. What are you talking about man. Justin Godscock I have a feeling that I really hate you.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Metroid turned into the Castlevania series, and now Bloodstained.

Do not Google "nude samus hack"

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Agag posted:

Metroid turned into the Castlevania series, and now Bloodstained.

Do not Google "nude samus hack"

ok

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
its always funny when noobz(with a z) get mad at spinoff games for not being exactly like the main series games ie this entire thread

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
It wouldn't be as bad if we could get a single mainline game every once in a while.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

starbarry clock posted:

its always funny when noobz(with a z) get mad at spinoff games for not being exactly like the main series games ie this entire thread

this

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Federation Force is gonna be a better FPS than Doom 4

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

starbarry clock posted:

itss been 8 years since the last not other m metroid game came out... its okay to be pissed off. its cool

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

rediscover posted:

itss been 8 years since the last not other m metroid game came out... its okay to be pissed off. its cool

actually getting mad at videos game is not cool

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Hunters was good.

yeah

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Federation Force is gonna be a better FPS than Doom 4

That's not saying a lot. But yeah, Federation Force doesn't look that bad, it was just a staggeringly bad PR decision to slap the Metroid name on it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Gas this thread." -- Science Team Log #69

Science team has gas for brains.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The next Metroid game should be Kerbal Space Program/Besiege but with science team.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

I would buy a Metroid Prime's Dream Course if Nintendo made it. Samus ball putt putt. gently caress you op.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

That's not saying a lot. But yeah, Federation Force doesn't look that bad, it was just a staggeringly bad PR decision to slap the Metroid name on it.

Staggeringly bad.... lol ok buddy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though give me an expanded Metroid Prime Pinball with more and better tables, the MPP ones were too simple and empty, you can't just have one loop.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I won't be happy until I'm playing Ridley's Island and Metroid Party 3

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i guess the problem with calling a game metroid is people get too excited for it over here in america. it's gotten too popular. samus is huge. i guess what i'm saying is.... ridley is too big.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously though give me an expanded Metroid Prime Pinball with more and better tables, the MPP ones were too simple and empty, you can't just have one loop.

I'd be cool with this.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Proposition Joe posted:

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are some of the best games of all time and the last Metroid game came out eight years ago. Now the series is being used to title EShop games, that's very sad and if you don't think so you have no respect for Metroid or good games.

I don't care bitch.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i care

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Me too.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Check it out: not ONLY have they CONFIRMED that Samus will appear in the 3DS game (thus we WILL see her again), but the 3DS game is probably going to be quite good despite all the fanboys moaning and pissing about.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

conceitedguy posted:

Check it out: not ONLY have they CONFIRMED that Samus will appear in the 3DS game (thus we WILL see her again), but the 3DS game is probably going to be quite good despite all the fanboys moaning and pissing about.

I'm optimistic. A co-op handheld shooter, focusing on some of the Metroid series' unsung heroes? Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

if that's the direction they wanted to take the series it is better dead

• Locked thread