Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
No Armstrong Houston, no dice Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ElegantFugue posted:

So what team is working on this, is it the MPHunters team?

Next Level Games, the Luigi's Mansion 2/Punch Out Wii/Mario Strikers devs.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Gay. Gay. GAY.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfFFiqZ8ZdE

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Gonna laugh when this game ends up pretty alright but no one cares because tHE BABYYYYYYY

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So now we are bitching about good devs making good games? you guys are babies.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Turns out the Metroid fans were The Baby(ies) all along.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
In my secret heart I wanted a co-op Metroid game with the Federation soldiers

But not like this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Kewpuh join my FEDERATION FORCE (dibs on yellow helmet)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this game will come out and sell poorly because MY SAMUS :qq: and nintendo will take it as a sign people dont want metroid games and wont make any more, just like f-zero dying because the GBA games didnt sell

it will be a good game though. Next Level Games makes good stuff

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Lemming posted:

But not like this
What just because of the art style?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Chaltab posted:

What just because of the art style?

They showed off only the Blast Ball mode on Sunday, then put the Metroid name over it today without also showing a real Metroid game. So now it's "we made Metroid Blast Ball! Isn't this what you wanted?! MEtroid is back, hooray!!!"

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
next level games we see you have made a good punchout and a pretty good luigis mansion. we now trust you with one of our most world renowned franchises

thanks boss howabout a 4 player local shooter on a handheld in the world of tallon iv

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Kelp Plankton posted:

this game will come out and sell poorly because MY SAMUS :qq: and nintendo will take it as a sign people dont want metroid games and wont make any more, just like f-zero dying because the GBA games didnt sell

it will be a good game though. Next Level Games makes good stuff

Until they announce Amiibo support where the player can re-skin their master chief as Luigi or Puck Man or whatever.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Maybe this is actually Monster Hunter but in space. Hub worlds and equipment stats and all.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

next level games we see you have made a good punchout and a pretty good luigis mansion. we now trust you with one of our most world renowned franchises

thanks boss howabout a 4 player local shooter on a handheld in the world of tallon iv

If it's only local co-op then I will reanimate myself after my suicide so I can bury my skeleton head in my skeleton rear end

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lemming posted:

They showed off only the Blast Ball mode on Sunday, then put the Metroid name over it today without also showing a real Metroid game. So now it's "we made Metroid Blast Ball! Isn't this what you wanted?! MEtroid is back, hooray!!!"

no they really didn't it was a passing video with zero hype, the Zelda multiplayer game was more hype, stop acting like Nintendo is passing this as prime 4 because their not.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lemming posted:

If it's only local co-op then I will reanimate myself after my suicide so I can bury my skeleton head in my skeleton rear end

please do it, no one will miss another baby who cry over good games.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hungry Bit posted:

Maybe this is actually Monster Hunter but in space. Hub worlds and equipment stats and all.

My secret wish was that you outfit yourself for each mission + have to coordinate with your firneds. Like you can bring a morph ball or a super missile but not more than a few. If you come accross areas nobody can access then you can't get the stuff inside. You can work together to do things like grapple beam a thing open so someone can morph ball through, and then you fight bosses and stuff.

Typing all this makes me look + feel like a retarded idiot because why make it a Metroid game then

Cyron posted:

no they really didn't it was a passing video with zero hype, the Zelda multiplayer game was more hype, stop acting like Nintendo is passing this as prime 4 because their not.

They're obviously not passing it off as prime 4, but there is no possible universe where the way they showed it off would get anything but a very negative reaction and I don't know how they didn't get that

I mean look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg

268 thumbs up 2,301 thumbs down

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe this will pave the way for other great spinoff titles like Mario did with tennis and poo poo.

Metroid Kart
Dr. Metroid
Metroid Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Typing of the Metroid
Metroid Snap
Metroid Dancing All Night

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kewpuh posted:

They were told to pitch it kiddy. A bunch of Next Level Metroid concept art leaked several months ago and people just assumed it was a failed pitch because look at it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Hungry Bit posted:

I feel like that would be a deathblow for this since you're competing on the system where everyone already has the real Monster Hunter.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Well I like that they seem to be using Prime's control scheme at least. It should work relatively well on a 3DS.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lemming posted:

My secret wish was that you outfit yourself for each mission + have to coordinate with your firneds. Like you can bring a morph ball or a super missile but not more than a few. If you come accross areas nobody can access then you can't get the stuff inside. You can work together to do things like grapple beam a thing open so someone can morph ball through, and then you fight bosses and stuff.

Typing all this makes me look + feel like a retarded idiot because why make it a Metroid game then

They're obviously not passing it off as prime 4, but there is no possible universe where the way they showed it off would get anything but a very negative reaction and I don't know how they didn't get that

I mean look at this

oh yes let take gaming advice from the people who wanted to murder a woman or voicing a option.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hungry Bit posted:

Well I like that they seem to be using Prime's control scheme at least. It should work relatively well on a 3DS.

Hunters had a good control scheme so hopefully this is similarly good. I still have my thumbstrap

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kewpuh posted:

gently caress you
Best OP.

Thanks for nothin' Nintendo.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Accordion Man posted:

Best OP.

Thanks for nothin' Nintendo.
ya gently caress Nintendo for making good games.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

SSNeoman posted:

So like Prime Hunters but worse?

It's literally this.

God drat it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they stuck the metroidname on this game like a god drat whore. gently caress off nintendo and whoever affiliates with this title.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

whomever*

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think you had it right the first time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Alright Nintendo, E3 2015 is giving you a nice slow pitch right over the plate you can't possibly mess this up.

*Fifty-one minutes later*

Weeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

Alright Nintendo, E3 2015 is giving you a nice slow pitch right over the plate you can't possibly mess this up.

*Fifty-one minutes later*

Weeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.

Yes I hate good games too.

why is anyone who bad mouth Nintendo retarded.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I could see this if it's like, alongside a shiny new awesome Metroid game, oh hey they're also making a weird multiplayer Metroid downloadable title. That'd be ok.

But nothing at all from Metroid for years and years and then this and only this? It's... a strange decision for them to make.

I can only hope that they're also secretly working on a cool/awesome Metroid game which is yet to be revealed for reasons

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
What happened to Zelda?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mordaedil posted:

What happened to Zelda?

they showed off a sort of combination sequel to Four Swords and Link Between Worlds that has online co-op for 3 players, it looks really fun

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
At least we made out ahead of the Animal Crossing people who have to buy something like $150 worth of plastic figures for their next game.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Lemming posted:

I mean look at this

Up to 650 likes, 6500 dislikes

lmao

HEY EVERYONE, GET IN HERE!

PILE ON!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
What if the game turns out to be really good but Metroid fans are still big Metroid The Babies about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lemming posted:

I'm the one that looks up to Samus and gets brutally murdered when she never shows up

I'm the baby

Gotta love me

• Locked thread