Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Mercury Crusader posted:

What if the game turns out to be really good but Metroid fans are still big Metroid The Babies about it?

then the metriod series will die and I will laugh at the manbabies upset about their waifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mercury Crusader posted:

What if the game turns out to be really good but Metroid fans are still big Metroid The Babies about it?

Then we will have a good game. Until then we have a small online co-op shooter with few enemies on screen and noting to set it apart from the rest of the genre.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
"dude I'm so hype man"

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Someone at Nintendo probably saw Destiny and was all like yo we gotta get in on that money.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Darke GBF posted:

Up to 650 likes, 6500 dislikes

lmao

HEY EVERYONE, GET IN HERE!

PILE ON!

"I guess people don't like Metroid?" :wipe the franchise from existence:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The game you all hate is on Treehouse stream: http://e3.nintendo.com/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Asscreed?!

Edit: Oh

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Then we will have a good game. Until then we have a small online co-op shooter with few enemies on screen and noting to set it apart from the rest of the genre.

it will be better then ff7 remake since next level games are good devs and SE been not hot for a decade, but prove me wrong.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

They don't seem to be liking it either. They just seem to be complaining about the game play.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
The most misguided spinoff since Silent Hill Diablo

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Krysmphoenix posted:

They don't seem to be liking it either. They just seem to be complaining about the game play.
They're complaining about each other being awful at the game. It looks like a blast.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In a shocking twist Ridley also killed the yellow player's parents. And red's. Also blue's and green's. Dude gets around.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lego Bionicles Online

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
We all know Metroid is going to be in the shitter for the next few years, but this is good news that they are using the Metroid Prime title. It means they are not going to be using anything from MOM for that NX announced title. Right?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

ghostinmyshell posted:

that NX announced title. Right?
Uh... what? Nothing has been announced for NX yet.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
25,000 dislikes on that video

twenty

five

thousand

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

LOL

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
after watching the trailer again i actually think this game is going to be fun and dope

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
not the soccer portion tho

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Okay, I was expecting that if Nintendo did have a new Metroid in the works, it would be a return to form after Other M- most likely a 2D Metroidvania on 3DS or an FPS adventure on WiiU.
I really didn't expect them to reveal the latest Metroid game as "Blast Ball", to change the art style so much, and not talk about these things.

I think the gameplay looks alright, but I'm pretty sure I hate the art style and I dunno if I'll change my mind on it. Hopefully they at least continue to refine the art if not replace it with assets more in line with the Prime series.
If Samus isn't in the game at all, how much damage can this spinoff really do to the series?

But seriously, they canceled this:

And tried again with a worse look

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
people didn't like Other M

no it wasnt because Other M was a bad game, people just dont like Metroid anymore, that's why

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

gently caress you

Tonight we are brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
This poo poo would have ruined E3 for me if it wasn't for Shenmue 3 getting funded

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I can't wait to play a whole game as the characters I saw get owned and murdered in Metroid Prime 2.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Super blue balled that this wasn't a real metroid game but it DOES look pretty fun :shrug:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rocketlex posted:

I can't wait to play a whole game as the characters I saw get owned and murdered in Metroid Prime 2.

Let me tell you about Hamlet Spinoffs.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Looks fun legit fun you idiots

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Looks fun legit fun you idiots

ignore the fake gamers. they know poo poo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just looked at the trailer, first person shooters on portable devices have never been a good idea.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Just looked at the trailer, first person shooters on portable devices have never been a good idea.
This, Hunters played like poo poo and actually made my hands hurt playing it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've said it before but for some reason Metroid Prime Hunters had a bizarre dedicated fanbase that kept playing online long after the game wasn't needed anymore as a "Hey guys look it's METROID PRIME ON THE DS" show piece until the Gamespy servers shut off.

And even then they've probably constructed a workaround for that now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The absolute last thing I want from a new Metroid game is a co-op first person shooter on the 3DS.

Now a Metroid Maker game on the other hand.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

This looks really fun and if you are upset by the name you're dumb as hell

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Now the 3ds can deliver some great looking games like bravely default or Monster Hunter 4.

But this poo poo seriously looks like OG DS graphics. It's somehow even blurrier than Xenoblade.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
It looks entertaining. I mean, it's not a big huge awesome classic metroid title, but... better than the last piece of poo poo that we got, right?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Could we get Metroid Pinball 2, instead?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx5now2XJo

JC can't believe the scrub team he got paired with.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rocketlex posted:

Could we get Metroid Pinball 2, instead?

No you're getting Metroid BLASTBALL and you're going to like it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Blast ball looks awesome and it's pretty neat its 2 games in one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
In our darkest hour remember one thing.....we still have Guccamelee

• Locked thread