Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Blast ball looks awesome and it's pretty neat its 2 games in one

That's nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It actually looks pretty cool in action, too bad it won't be as fun when you're either playing alone or with random idiots on the internet.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

This looks really fun and if you are upset by the name you're dumb as hell

A dual-analog FPS with a max of 3 enemies on the screen at once that appears to be around 640x480 and with an FoV that looks like you're viewing things through a ship's porthole. I can't even imagine how much fun I'm going to have.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Rocketlex posted:

That's nothing.

that is a lie, it's the same game just it called different levels as "games". and the only other games are mini games that mobile devs fart out in their sleep.

granted this is a lie too since it's like saying a co-op mode and death battle are 2 games in one.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Cyron posted:

that is a lie, it's the same game just it called different levels as "games". and the only other games are mini games that mobile devs fart out in their sleep.

granted this is a lie too since it's like saying a co-op mode and death battle are 2 games in one.

:thejoke:

But also I forgive Kirby Super Star because it loving rules.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Super Star Ultra was a real good game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Metroid Prime Pinball was really good even if it only had like two actual tables.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Now you all know how it felt when Rare released Banjo Kazooie Nuts and bolts.

We must pummel nintendo into submission so that they may rise like a pheonix and make good titles again.

Cast out all amiibos, excommunicate all DLC. Don't let them slip into the cycle of ease, for we may wind up with Mario Boom Fire and Ice.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Rocketlex posted:

:thejoke:

But also I forgive Kirby Super Star because it loving rules.

that it did, this can too, but who knows. i wish people where more mad about the animal crossing game that requires amiibos to play, this is just a harmless spinoff compare to something that was the worst case scenario of amiibo.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

We must pummel nintendo into submission so that they may rise like a pheonix and make good titles again.

Cast out all amiibos, excommunicate all DLC. Don't let them slip into the cycle of ease, for we may wind up with Mario Boom Fire and Ice.

don't you support incents?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Remember how fun and accurate controlling an FPS on the Nintendo DS was!? Well now you can do it again, in 3D.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Cyron posted:

that it did, this can too, but who knows. i wish people where more mad about the animal crossing game that requires amiibos to play, this is just a harmless spinoff compare to something that was the worst case scenario of amiibo.

This is a radical concept, but that Animal Crossing game doesn't look very appealing to me so I'm not going to buy it. Some other people are probably looking at it and thinking it looks great and so they will buy it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cyron posted:

don't you support incents?

No why would I want to smell like a goddamn hippie van?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't see much of the stream so I don't know if they talked about all the control options but the default control scheme uses gyro aiming which is fine.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

gently caress gyro aiming. That was the most disappointing part of the new Starfox for me and I hope you can turn that poo poo off.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

No why would I want to smell like a goddamn hippie van?

dude, hippie vans are the best kind of smell. reminds me of the open road and freedom. you like freedom don't you?:911:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

gyro aiming which is fine.

Gyro aiming on a portable, in a genre where you will inadvertently move the device in the heat of the action.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

gently caress gyro aiming. That was the most disappointing part of the new Starfox for me and I hope you can turn that poo poo off.

gyro aiming as a fine tuner for sticks is actually very good. play majoras mask on 3ds you'll never miss a bow shot.

Gyro aiming for some pseudo death star run that makes you look at a bad screen instead of your tv is probably less cool.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
nintendo is a poo poo company

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

Gyro aiming on a portable, in a genre where you will inadvertently move the device in the heat of the action.

Do you play Video Games like kids in a sitcom waving the controller around? do you own that 2 player version of final fantasy 8 that the kids where playing in the Charlie's Angels movie?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The bigger issue for non-New 3DS owners is that it'll break the 3D effect.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

can we use this thread about a poo poo barely-metroid game to talk about good metroid games

because i just replayed Prime 1 and that game is still ridiculously legit. does it look good on dolphin?? the sd version is starting to look its age on modern tvs.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

The Taint Reaper posted:

Except Nuts and Bolts owned and was a super unique idea. This just looks like a boring generic co-op shooter.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Blast ball looks awesome and it's pretty neat its 2 games in one

Lol call of duty has had a mode where you knock a ball around for like 4 years and I don't think it's 2 games in one

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cyron posted:

Do you play Video Games like kids in a sitcom waving the controller around? do you own that 2 player version of final fantasy 8 that the kids where playing in the Charlie's Angels movie?

No I just know bad design choices when i see them.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

No I just know bad design choices when i see them.

But you are looking forward to Xenoblade X?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I hope this is a prequel and the (apparently) frustrating controls are to show what a bunch of incompetent gently caress-ups the Federation Troopers were before Samus started doing everything for them.

Four over-armored space marines flailing to take down a Geemer.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cyron posted:

But you are looking forward to Xenoblade X?

It's literally the one Wii-U first party game coming this year that hasn't had the chance to bomb like all the others.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's literally the one Wii-U first party game coming this year that hasn't had the chance to bomb like all the others.

But the reviews from import are not sounding to hot. and i do want the game but I am worried.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The 3ds has 2 sticks and gyro. The controls are gonna be awesome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cyron posted:

But the reviews from import are not sounding to hot.

Then Nintendo has released a string of poo poo for an entire year on it's very own console.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Uh... Splatoon like just came out.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

HEY KIDS! Want to stop this game from happening?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Oh my god Nintendo. What is this? This is just ridiculous. This isn't the Metroid I know and love.
I mean, what next?

Mario racing?

Zelda Dynasty Warriors?

Wario mini games?

They've really jumped the shark here. They might as well of just made Metroid pinball. Lol could you imagine?

Ronnie fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 17, 2015

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The 3ds has 2 sticks and gyro. The controls are gonna be awesome.

The NEW 3DS has two sticks and gyro.

Old 3DS users are hosed.

Ronnie posted:

Oh my god Nintendo. What is this? This is just ridiculous. This isn't the Metroid I know and love.
I mean, what next?

Mario racing?

Zelda Dynasty Warriors?

Wario mini games?

They've really jumped the shark here. They might as well of just made Metroid pinball. Lol could you imagine?

The difference is that all those ideas were uproarious because they were bizarre and interesting, this game is literally the most boring way to take the franchise possible. It's like if EA was publishing, not Nintendo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dunno why they felt the Metroid brand would help here. I'd think people would respond to this more positively if they made it a completely new IP in a unique setting. They could keep the gameplay exactly the same, just change the look of everything. Cause really teasing people with a Metroid game that isn't actually Metroid is just cruel at this point.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Old 3DS users are hosed.
Does it not have touch screen aiming like Kid Icarus and MP:Hunters?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Pirate Jet posted:

The difference is that all those ideas were uproarious because they were bizarre and interesting, this game is literally the most boring way to take the franchise possible. It's like if EA was publishing, not Nintendo.

Also none of those series were dead and buried at the time those spinoffs were released. There wasn't a reaction like this when Metroid Prime Pinball was released because there wasn't a sense of "this is it, this is what Metroid is now?"

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I am literally crying in anger and frustration I took my 3DS and my Wii U and threw them out of my 5th story studio apartment window right into the dumpster in the ally below I cannot believe nintendo took my favorite video game franchise character and reduced her to a non-entity I am punching holes into walls and stomping my feet so hard that all of my blisters have burst it makes me so angry that nintendo will churn out the same stupid poo poo all the time a new mario platformer that is exactly like the last but when it comes to metroid we get this chibi multiplayer ballblasting bullshit its not fair at all and I am going to get all of my nintendo tattoos removed because I am so loving done with this company I have spent the last 25 years of my life playing nintendo games all day every day sacrificing my personal and professional life in the name of gaming but no more today is a new day a day without nintendo today is the day metroid died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Fawf posted:

Also none of those series were dead and buried at the time those spinoffs were released. There wasn't a reaction like this when Metroid Prime Pinball was released because there wasn't a sense of "this is it, this is what Metroid is now?"
To be fair I'd rather Metroid be this than Other M.

Also IGN spoke to Kensuke Tanabe about it. It doesn't sound like Metroid Prime 4 is currently in development but that Federation Force might be testing the waters for it. Though personally I could hardly care less about Sylux.

• Locked thread